Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

GEORGIA HAS GOT to be the most lenient in the whole U.S. when it comes to noise pollution. I can take an occasional burst of a boom box, but a straight exhaust should not be allowed.

I'M CALLING IN reference to Cross Creek High School's prom Saturday night. My niece is a senior at Cross Creek, and she would not enjoy her prom because of some of the students dancing in there. She said they were dancing very vulgar and that it was just horrible.

RANT FOR roads and bridges in Columbia County and all the counties in Georgia. If they would spend more time fixing the shoulders of the road, then we wouldn't have quite as many deaths on the highway. Some of the roads are four and five inches from the dirt, and when you get off, it's goodbye, because you cannot get back up on there.

METRO SPIRIT HAS got a lot of nerve talking down your newspaper. That's the cheesiest little newspaper I've ever read. They are lucky it's free because nobody would want to buy it.

RAVE FOR THE Young Republicans who put on the tea party in Augusta. I enjoyed the event and the speakers. I'm just sorry more people from Augusta did not attend. Of course, if I lived in a Section 8 home, was on welfare getting free Medicare and free food stamps, I probably would have stayed home, too.

A RANT CLAIMS President Obama spent more in eight weeks than President Bush did in eight years. This person seems to have forgotten the tremendous debt that George Bush has left for generations to come.

TO THE SOMALI PIRATES wrecking the economy: If they want to play by old-timey rules, maybe they should be punished the same way. Take them out to the middle of the ocean and make them walk the plank.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, taxpayers. Hey Deke, we knew you would get your way by building the stadium. Build it and they will come -- I don't think so.

NO WONDER THE Somali pirate was smiling as he was brought to the United States. He will probably get rehab, a government check and free health care.

RANT TO ALL THOSE people who are following Newt Gingrich. Have you forgotten that he is just a big fat adulterer?

YOU ALREADY USE MY tax dollars to help feed the needy and repave messed-up roads. Now how about using some of my tax money to build something I really want: a baseball stadium downtown. What's wrong with that?

I CALLED IN NOT long ago and left a rant about the reckless teenagers driving like a bunch of hooligans on Pine Log Road in Aiken. Now it turns out a young woman was killed while walking down Pine Log Road. Maybe if the local law enforcement would do their jobs and actually watch the people driving on Pine Log Road, this sort of tragic accident would not happen.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 09:18 am
Andy as a kid riding with my

Andy as a kid riding with my dad if he saw some one walking he would stop and pick them up black or white didn't matter how they were dressed. Times have changed and some people are still bitter because of their own failures and look for someone to blame. Its a shame the times have become so violent when I travel I have to keep a gun on the seat beside me.

mieshel
mieshel 04/25/09 - 09:26 am
Well milton, I am from

Well milton, I am from Boston. Mass. and I have just as much of a right to live in Augusta, or anywhere else I choose to. Since both of my parents were born and raised in Augusta, I came back to Augusta cause I love the warmth and the sense of community and family that it USED TO PROVIDE... I was there when you could leave your doors unlocked and just close the screen door. BUT, the more I read these posts, I feel as though Augusta is just as bad.

_old_jube_early
_old_jube_early 04/25/09 - 09:34 am
mieshel, would you not be

mieshel, would you not be more confortable back in Boston with your own kind?

Tots
Tots 04/25/09 - 09:35 am
andywarhol racism is on both

andywarhol racism is on both sides.But in Augusta the minorities or the white.Check and see the schools are about 85%black.Just look at a school bus the nexit time one passes you.Dont know why we have to bus kids from one zone to the nexit.You still dont have many white kids.They should make you go to the school you live near.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 09:44 am
MIESHEL... read my 8:46am

MIESHEL... read my 8:46am post. I didnt say anything bad about people who migrated to the south. I just said some are ignorant of our history

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/25/09 - 09:50 am
Augusta is and will be what

Augusta is and will be what the residents make it. Those with a lack of responsibility have no respect for others and the wealth envy that is condoned by some gives way to the population that endures and accepts crime.

momofthree
momofthree 04/25/09 - 10:10 am
Mornin' PTHS, thank you.

Mornin' PTHS, thank you. ----Hi uptheseventhplanet, PTHS, when my boys go to visit our family a lot of people get put off by the use of ma'am, I have to explain that my children have been raised in the south, and they were taught southern manners, and personally if you ask me if the children of today were all raised with traditional southern manners we would have a lot less BS with the kids of today than we do. I do have to say however, I don't drink sweet tea and I don't like catfish, now give me country fried steak with white gravy, rice and greens with tons of neck bones and I am one happ yankee in PTHS' court. ----- I have to make that meal wheneve I travel north because my sister can't figure out how to make it lol........ Dang, now I'm hungry.......

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 10:11 am
PTHS your 8:41 post about the

PTHS your 8:41 post about the cheerleaders was mighty close to accurate from what some of the students have described. Nothing on here yet to stir up the jokes section. So, so far now!

1941
1941 04/25/09 - 10:12 am
Milton; most of the yankees

Milton; most of the yankees that are moving to the south are the ones that left the south, and moved north for a better life.They were treated better,got good jobs, made good money,and had a good life.Now they are coming back to a better life. And we brought our veiws back with us, and our pensions, social security etc. The diffrence in then and now, is we speak out,before we had to keep quite.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/25/09 - 10:15 am
By 2020, white males will be

By 2020, white males will be the minority. See how the shoe fits then with the tables totally turned.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 10:24 am
coalminepa - We'll still have

coalminepa - We'll still have our wonderful country girls. I'd put most any one of them up against any five gangsta punks you can find.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/25/09 - 10:33 am
Good morning everybody ! Hey

Good morning everybody ! Hey Nammy, Tujeez and PTHS ! Have a good day !

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/25/09 - 10:33 am
Huh? Country girls? Punks?

Huh? Country girls? Punks? That's not who I was referring to... you are way off base as usual. Pull your head out and look around.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/25/09 - 10:35 am
There's a big diffence

There's a big diffence between 'speaking up' and 'arrogance'. Respect is earned and not just automatically given. MOST people coming south would be surprised to know that they had lived in the south previously and are coming 'back to a better life'.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 10:39 am
coalminerpa - The point was

coalminerpa - The point was to count the country girls along with the white males - we won't be a true minority. Maybe you should take the elevator outta the mine and peek around. ;-)

local girl
local girl 04/25/09 - 10:48 am
Kids dirty dancing and

Kids dirty dancing and removing their clothes This is all they see.The women today let it all hang out and wonder why men have no respect for them.I am a women and I am ashame of the way they act and dress

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 04/25/09 - 10:54 am
I was at the Cross Creek

I was at the Cross Creek Prom. My son graduates this year and another one next year. I thought the Prom was wonderful. Now, the fast songs were rap and the slow songs were country, maybe that was really the problem with the unhappy student. Mrs. Glover and the staff and students did a wonderful job.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 04/25/09 - 11:18 am
proms are so overrated!!!!..

proms are so overrated!!!!.. and such a waste of time.. that's the one night that a lot of teenagers make the most mistakes and make decisions that will later regret!!

pah4r
pah4r 04/25/09 - 11:19 am
coalminerpa, if by 2020 the

coalminerpa, if by 2020 the white male will be the minority it will only be because the white females have jobs and are not laying up waiting for the next welfare check for their brood of many dads.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 11:21 am
Ahhhhh - somebody gets it!

Ahhhhh - somebody gets it!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 11:22 am
w00t! for sawgrass! Turn it!

w00t! for sawgrass! Turn it!

freedombelle
freedombelle 04/25/09 - 11:29 am
To all of you who continue to

To all of you who continue to put Augusta down...There is NO MORE crime, racism or anything else here than any city of it's size in this country..I agree crime etc. is rampant all over this country but if you aren't from here, when you go back home "check it out" it's the same everywhere even in the rural areas..AND don't knock "southerners" cause for the most part you will find us to be friendlier than mast places you go..Those who feel things aren"t "rosie" around here you can find jobs elsewhere...even the "natives" who seem to be restless !! Negativism is NOT a good trait!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/25/09 - 11:49 am
White males may very well be

White males may very well be a minority if the minorities don't quit doffing off babies every time you turn around ... Hell, They got 4 or 5 to a litter sometime ...

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 04/25/09 - 11:53 am
Oh bull, proms are for the

Oh bull, proms are for the young. They have a chance to dress up and see each other on a different level from the class room. They don't need prom night to make mistakes. They can do that anytime.

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 12:43 pm
Nice one for Starters

Nice one for Starters today::::::"Special Prom Date"

Q: What do you call a bunch of tractors parked in front of a McDonalds on Friday night in Iowa?

A: Prom.

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 12:47 pm
"Caution Tape" If you use

"Caution Tape"

If you use yellow caution tape as a fence around your prom, you just might be a redneck.

Bigjoker
Bigjoker 04/25/09 - 12:54 pm
For the Sunday Crowd: 1.

For the Sunday Crowd: 1. People ask, when Jesus fed the 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em.

2. The pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering," and then five guys and two women stand up.

3. Opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday.

4. A member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

5. The choir is known as the "OK Chorale."

6. Boone's Farm "Tickle Pink" is the favorite wine for communion.

7. In a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory.

8. Baptism is referred to as "branding".

9. There is a special fund raiser for a new church septic tank.

10. Finding and returning lost sheep isn't just a parable.

11. High notes on the organ set the dogs on the floor to howling.

12. People think "rapture" is what you get when you lift something too heavy.

13. The final words of the benediction are, "Y'all come back now, ya hear?" (banjo accompaniment optional)

JENASIX
JENASIX 04/25/09 - 01:16 pm
To the young Republican who

To the young Republican who decided to used Augusta for it Tea party event,I never seen so many white people attended a rally with out their veil, the elephant party are not welcome in Augusta and next time protest your raged else where and keep your autism grandchildren at home.

God save America
God save America 04/25/09 - 01:17 pm
granted Pres. Bush left us

granted Pres. Bush left us with one trillion dollars debt. if obama has his way we will have a ten trillon dollars debt with interest . don't you dumb people read how much obama programs will cost us. ask canada about gov. insurance and all the problems they have. why do you think they come to the USA for medical treatment. the goverment would tell you what treatment you can have and when you will get it. do you also want to be told what doctor you will have. unemployment is reaching the highest ever and the stock market is shakey and the largest amount of money already spent that is higher than all the other pres. together. who is going to make up the taxes for people out of work?

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/25/09 - 01:38 pm
And jsix shows the ignorance

And jsix shows the ignorance of the libs. Who would want to be associated with a group that thinks like this fool?