Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

GEORGIA HAS GOT to be the most lenient in the whole U.S. when it comes to noise pollution. I can take an occasional burst of a boom box, but a straight exhaust should not be allowed.

I'M CALLING IN reference to Cross Creek High School's prom Saturday night. My niece is a senior at Cross Creek, and she would not enjoy her prom because of some of the students dancing in there. She said they were dancing very vulgar and that it was just horrible.

RANT FOR roads and bridges in Columbia County and all the counties in Georgia. If they would spend more time fixing the shoulders of the road, then we wouldn't have quite as many deaths on the highway. Some of the roads are four and five inches from the dirt, and when you get off, it's goodbye, because you cannot get back up on there.

METRO SPIRIT HAS got a lot of nerve talking down your newspaper. That's the cheesiest little newspaper I've ever read. They are lucky it's free because nobody would want to buy it.

RAVE FOR THE Young Republicans who put on the tea party in Augusta. I enjoyed the event and the speakers. I'm just sorry more people from Augusta did not attend. Of course, if I lived in a Section 8 home, was on welfare getting free Medicare and free food stamps, I probably would have stayed home, too.

A RANT CLAIMS President Obama spent more in eight weeks than President Bush did in eight years. This person seems to have forgotten the tremendous debt that George Bush has left for generations to come.

TO THE SOMALI PIRATES wrecking the economy: If they want to play by old-timey rules, maybe they should be punished the same way. Take them out to the middle of the ocean and make them walk the plank.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, taxpayers. Hey Deke, we knew you would get your way by building the stadium. Build it and they will come -- I don't think so.

NO WONDER THE Somali pirate was smiling as he was brought to the United States. He will probably get rehab, a government check and free health care.

RANT TO ALL THOSE people who are following Newt Gingrich. Have you forgotten that he is just a big fat adulterer?

YOU ALREADY USE MY tax dollars to help feed the needy and repave messed-up roads. Now how about using some of my tax money to build something I really want: a baseball stadium downtown. What's wrong with that?

I CALLED IN NOT long ago and left a rant about the reckless teenagers driving like a bunch of hooligans on Pine Log Road in Aiken. Now it turns out a young woman was killed while walking down Pine Log Road. Maybe if the local law enforcement would do their jobs and actually watch the people driving on Pine Log Road, this sort of tragic accident would not happen.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 01:49 am
Somebody has to be first.

Somebody has to be first.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 04/25/09 - 02:00 am
And second...........

And second...........

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 04:20 am
"The thing about hip-hop

"The thing about hip-hop today is it's smart, it's insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable." --
Barack Obama. Remember, the next time you hear a booming car drive by, it's communicating a complex message! G'mornin all y'all.

jebko
jebko 04/25/09 - 04:56 am
Speaking of big fat

Speaking of big fat adulterers... how is Ted Kennedy doing?

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 04/25/09 - 06:01 am
Yeah, and how about Craig and

Yeah, and how about Craig and Foley?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/25/09 - 06:19 am
And Bill Clinton (well he

And Bill Clinton (well he might be an exception, I mean look who he has at home).

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/25/09 - 06:42 am
morning all

morning all

g-dog express
g-dog express 04/25/09 - 07:27 am
To the ranter about Obama vs

To the ranter about Obama vs Bush taxes. He has not only spent more than Bush but has spent more that all previous presidents combined. I know times are difficult and that something needs to be done but this is insane.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 07:53 am
THIS IS A RANT to the

THIS IS A RANT to the Transplants According to the bible slavery is not a sin, and at that time it was acceptable. Now today we 99% of Americans believe slavery is inhumane. People should think about the time in history and who the people were before making an Ignorant post. The united states has progressed to the greatest nations to ever exist. It was a growing pain that we suffered and learned from both black and white. It was the breaking point for freedom for all! So it should be celebrated. Even the Yankees who are proud of their heritage in the civil war recognize the war through reenactments. So on Monday lets color the map Yankee states blue, the Rebel states Grey and West Virgina YELLOW HA HA

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 07:54 am
THIS IS A RANT All these

THIS IS A RANT All these liberal Yankees come down south enjoy, the weather, the good paying jobs, lower taxes, and a lower cost of living. Then want to complain cause we recognize a historical event they don't understand. Then you turn around and make your racial slures thinking you fit in a

hurlyburly11
hurlyburly11 04/25/09 - 07:56 am
A bodaciously beautiful

A bodaciously beautiful banner of a good morning!!!! Later this afternoon,,come on over to Hammonds Ferry....it's gonna be a hoot !!!! have a really gooood day !!

Georgialina
Georgialina 04/25/09 - 08:11 am
OVERBURDENED, I totally agree

OVERBURDENED, I totally agree with your 6:19 post. I have said for years we should give Slick Willie a pass on the adultery thing. The thought of having to face Hilliary across the breakfast table, would make even the strongest of men stray!! I personally would kill myself.

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 04/25/09 - 08:20 am
The state police should have

The state police should have been called to the prom!! Imagine children dancing at a school dance that didn't get their dance steps approved by the Board of Education first. The gallows should be full this morning!!!

momofthree
momofthree 04/25/09 - 08:22 am
Milton, first of all, I am a

Milton, first of all, I am a yankee, and I am very proud of my home town "Hanover" in Massachusetts. I know your comments are not aimed at me, but I must take offense to you using "Yankee" as an insulting term. I moved to Georgia 17 years ago, and I am proud to call Georgia my home. I have endured insults and name calling since I got here, but I never hold it against everyone from here just thoes ignorant enough to be so small. Please don't paint with such a broad brush stroke, by doing so you include yourself in the same category that you are placing others.

ags59
ags59 04/25/09 - 08:24 am
I wonder what road the ranter

I wonder what road the ranter for roads and bridges is talking about. Just because the road is in the county doesn't mean it is a county road it could be a state road.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 08:30 am
mom3 - G'mornin. Nice respone

mom3 - G'mornin. Nice respone to milton. He just pasted his comments from another thread in here to stir more trouble. Let me tell you it works the other way too on the regional difficulties for a Southern Boy (yes, I called myself Boy) moving up to Philadelphia/NJ area for my HS years. When you address a woman in Philly as "Ma'am" it (according to some of them) implies that she is a "Cathouse Director". It boggles the mind.....

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 04/25/09 - 08:35 am
Welcome momofthree.

Welcome momofthree.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:39 am
I have an idea: If I have to

I have an idea: If I have to work and pay taxes that go to support those who don't work, why are they not forced to do volunteer, charity work, or community service rather than sit on their butt all day collecting my money? Shouldn't a person have to work to receive their free money?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 08:41 am
ONLY TRUTH - It was most

ONLY TRUTH - It was most likely the Cross Creek cheerleaders and dance team members showing off the moves they learned for parades and football games. They sho 'nuff put on quite da show!

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:45 am
So they are blaming Mr.

So they are blaming Mr. Torchi for starting the SC Fire? Maybe it's because of his name?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 08:46 am
MOM you have come obsessed

MOM you have come obsessed with me! I use the word Yankee to poke fun. Call me a hick redneck what ever i am used to it. I use the term Yankee in a affectionate way. I worked for a company based out of Rochester NY. Talk about some screaming cussing Yankees, but they were a great bunch of folks to work for and also boosted my career. I don't have a problem what so ever with the migration to the south. People who have come from all over boosted our economy. I do get a little aroused though when the spew the ignorance of not understanding our heritage and believe what the media and liberal historical books have said about the south. I know the south from handed down stories from my family and living here all my life. Also, I am well traveled, and there is no better place than GA to live in my opinion.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:47 am
Exactly PTHS. I was just

Exactly PTHS. I was just typing the same message. Why would parents be surprised? They allow little girls to drop it like its hot in the middle of the street for parades.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/25/09 - 08:47 am
aw - LOL - That would be

aw - LOL - That would be profiling! Where ya gonna scoot to today? It's too beautiful not to get out there.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:50 am
Man, I'm sick and my son has

Man, I'm sick and my son has a friend over at the house today. I already used my get away from the house card last night when I drank a 12 pk and fished til 11pm at the lock and dam.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/25/09 - 08:52 am
PTHS I wanted the

PTHS I wanted the conversation to keep going. I wanted to hear what others had to say. Yes I had to learn to drop my southern slang, and speak appropriately. So those who I dealt with in business, would respect and listen to what I had to say.

Tots
Tots 04/25/09 - 08:55 am
andywarhol good idea but it

andywarhol good idea but it wont fly cause those free loaders would ony cry.Help me lord they makeing me work like some slave aint they a jerk.Now really that would me to easy.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:57 am
Milton, as a yankee myself

Milton, as a yankee myself with only 8 more months here; I will say that Southern hospitality has to be looked for to find it, crime is high, schools are terrible, half of the population is a high school drop out, racism is high from the minorities, need I go on?

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/25/09 - 08:58 am
...we have about 2 bank

...we have about 2 bank robberies per week, I have to lock my doors, ...

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/25/09 - 09:08 am
Good morning ladies,

Good morning ladies, gentlemen, and farm animals. Andy: Please don't judge the entire south by this area. Augusta is an aberration and the surrounding areas are chock full of true southern ladies and gents.

mad_max
mad_max 04/25/09 - 09:16 am
To the ranter about the Bush

To the ranter about the Bush spending. No, we have not forgotten. That is why some people who would have normally voted Republican crossed party lines. However, what they got is not what they expected. In fact, they have gotten the opposite of what they hoped for. They have gotten wasteful spending that more than doubles what GB did in 8 years in only 100 days. They see the huge tax increases on income and energy coming in the next few months. They see the strictly partisan politics that have blocked any debate on these socialist programs the Democrats are ramming down our throats with no discussion. No we have not forgotten the Bush spending and we certainly will not forget the Obama spending, taxing, and socialist takeover of this country by the Democrats. Many people voted for Change, but this Change is not what they were expecting. They actually expected the middle of the road reasonable person that ran for president. They were not smart enough to see the crazy woman (Pelosi) in the background pulling his puppet strings. Regardless of the type of man Obama really is, he is owned by the crazy left wingers, the blacks, and the unions. White conservative taxpayers need not apply.

Davis seeks storm fee break for schools

Mayor Hardie Davis' proposal, distributed to the 10-member commission this week, says the fee could result in furlough days and lost instruction time for the school system.