Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THANK YOU, North Augusta Public Safety, and Aiken County Sheriff's Office for getting a thug off of the streets. Keep up the good work for our communities!!

PLEASE PAINT the lane lines on Lumpkin Road. If the machine is broken, get it fixed with our tax dollars.

THIS IS A RAVE to Harrisburg. It was once a beautiful area. I have been through that area several times, and it looks like someone is working on getting the place back to what it used to look like. I raised my family in Harrisburg years ago, and we all moved away. If the area keeps getting a makeover, I may just move back and help with the cleanup.

ANY IDIOT can make war -- peace is difficult.

I DON'T HATE Obama because he is black. I dislike him because he doesn't care about God, this nation or the people in this nation. These three things are supposed to be the main concerns of a leader.

I THINK IT'S TIME we quit putting our kids through all these pointless and ridiculous tests at school. The CRCT should be scrapped altogether, and they should measure students' progress by how well they are doing in the classroom.

THIS IS A WAKE-UP call to all the people around North Augusta. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had our own permanent farmer's market open every day. There's plenty of vacant spaces from the old Kroger store all the way up past Interstate 20.

LISTEN TO THE loyal fans who attend the baseball games. A downtown stadium will be wasted money.

I JUST WANT to say I wonder how many ballgames our mayor has attended. I also want to say I'm against the downtown ballpark. We love the place where it is. It's very enjoyable.

NO WONDER the people in other countries like President Obama. He talks as bad about this country as they do.

RICHMOND COUNTY needs to come and take care of a road. On the corner of Lumpkin Road and Richmond Hill Road there's a great big pothole. If somebody got caught in it they could break their car to pieces or have an accident.

I SURE HOPE that North Augusta streets and drains, especially the paving outfit, gets some stimulus money. Maybe they can repair all the potholes in North Augusta, especially those on Courtney Drive. Actually, it's time for Courtney Drive to be repaved. It's been some time ago.

Comments (137)

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/24/09 - 02:14 am

w00t!! Good morning Tujeez,

w00t!! Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and all ya'll! Have a great Friday! Thank ya, thank ya very much! lol (':

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 03:04 am

A RANT to whomever uploads

A RANT to whomever uploads the "Kid of the Day" pictures and story for the AC. Can y'all please at least look at what the picture looks like online and spend the 1 min in the graphics program of your choice to adjust the hues? Last week it was a brown skinned child who came out purple (he looked fine in the print edition). Today the poor child is magenta and green online. I'm sure many of these families are proud of getting their child's picture in the paper and online and would like to share it with friends and relatives who are not in the area. It's really such a simple thing to give them human skin tones, give it a try. Thank you!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/24/09 - 04:11 am

Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Bunch, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, PTHS, KSL, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/24/09 - 04:12 am

411 the Info Hack!!!!LOL

411 the Info Hack!!!!LOL

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 04:20 am

"It is a well-known fact that

"It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." -- Douglas Adams. G'mornin, Nammy, RocknRoll and all y'all. Happy National Hairball Awareness Day! (I'm not making this up - google it)

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/24/09 - 04:20 am

w00t! Timehack and

w00t! Timehack and bedtime...........night! (':

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/24/09 - 05:50 am

morning all

morning all

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/24/09 - 06:12 am

oh no, here comes trouble!

oh no, here comes trouble!

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/24/09 - 06:34 am

This is a RANT for PTHS in

This is a RANT for PTHS in reference to your post yesterday at 3:46 p.m. I do have a clue. I am NOT one of the kook-aid (your exact words) drinkers suffering from "voter remorse." I am a lifelong Republican. All I suggested was to let the issues Obama vs. Bush rest and debate the daily posted rants/raves. Apparantly this is difficult for you to understand so you turn to insults. This is typical behavior for someone with a lower than average I.Q.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 06:54 am

sawgrass - You

sawgrass - You suggested/requested that we comment on the subjects in the Rants and Raves column. I pointed out that 4 of the printed Rants/Raves dealt with that very issue. Do I need to make a crayon drawing for you to understand that? Also, please don't post stupid stuff like that and then admit you are not a leftie - you embarass the rest of us.

sawgrass
sawgrass 04/24/09 - 07:10 am

This is a RANT for PTHS. It

This is a RANT for PTHS. It puzzles me why such a simple request of giving politics a rest for one day drives you to sling insults. As stated - I am NOT a "leftie" as you accuse. I don't need you to make a crayon drawing for me to understand. I am a well educated person with a degree in engineering. This is a liitle something from my generation to you - UP YOURS !!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 07:11 am

Okay, Casey Jones, have a

Okay, Casey Jones, have a wonderfully blissful day! Words mean things - I said "then admit you are NOT a leftie". If you can convince me how that is accusing you of being a leftie, I'll go back to school.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/24/09 - 07:43 am

Sawgrass engineers are not

Sawgrass engineers are not the best at communication. Just taking a shot at them cause I work or did work will find out today for an engineering firm

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/24/09 - 07:45 am

Im requesting that the Dog

Im requesting that the Dog Wood Rock Quarry on Columbia Rd donate free gravel to the pothole ranters. I remember how bad they used to be in I-20 west bound from Columbia to Augusta, I just learned to go around them.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 07:48 am

milton - Dude, it's just a

milton - Dude, it's just a cultural difference. In CC we put in speed bumps to get folks to whine about having to slow down. In other locales, they just let the potholes sprout. It's the same result in the end - just think how much smarter they are saving all that money!

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 07:50 am

LOL, support your local

LOL, support your local pothole?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/24/09 - 08:01 am

Dang PTHS, even I understood

Dang PTHS, even I understood what you said and I'm just lowly public servant.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 08:05 am

Did you hear about the

Did you hear about the constipated engineer? He had to work it out with a pencil. Posted in memory of kiddspur.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 08:06 am

PTHS: The EPA will fine him

PTHS: The EPA will fine him for getting the lead out.

Georgiais1
Georgiais1 04/24/09 - 08:29 am

Most engineers I know have

Most engineers I know have tunnel vision. Not much common sense.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/24/09 - 08:38 am

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj &

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 Tuj & Tatas Happy friday its a 3 DAY WEEKEND yehaa get out the ol stars & Bars

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 08:42 am

G'day Duke. 4 day weekend

G'day Duke. 4 day weekend around heah. Hint: never tell your wife your "honey-do" list is empty during a 4 day weekend.

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 04/24/09 - 08:46 am

Why isn't a parent charged

Why isn't a parent charged with reckless endangerment if they smoke in the same room with their child or ride with a child in their car with music booming? Hearing loss and caner are good reasons to get tough with ignorant/stupid and low life parents. Protect the future.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 08:51 am

Today is National Pig In A

Today is National Pig In A Blanket Day. Too bad she'll get out of bed and poot in here.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 08:52 am

C'mon Sarge. Don't we have

C'mon Sarge. Don't we have enough "nanny" laws? If the "parent" wasn't raised smart enough to be concerned with their own children's ears/lungs, will a law be any deterrent?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/24/09 - 08:55 am

"She checks the Web site most

"She checks the Web site most mornings while eating breakfast alongside her pet python, Rambo, and the family's toothless cat, Hot Rod." I suppose it's too bad her support group sleeps in.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/24/09 - 09:06 am

I am tired of white bread

I am tired of white bread Americans who sit there in their safe place and feel sorry for the criminals not understanding what the victims have to go through such as Corgimoms post yesterday she stated I am glad the robber didn't get shot. Well if you had to live in a dump of a neighborhood full of violence you would feel different. I don't think these bleeding heart liberals have a clue to what goes on in America. They are more concerned with the murders then they are with the victims. I thought this was all over. If I hear its because criminals are victims of society and the world hates us because we are rich and they are poor and its our fault one more time i think I will just go to the tennis club and pay tennis naked cause I am a victim of liberal stupidity

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 09:10 am

Yes Milton: the libs also

Yes Milton: the libs also want to stop even the mention of God until they're the victim. Then they ask for His help. Libs and Conservatives, DEM or GOP, Black or White, it's all about winning, nothing more. The imposition of their will. Being able to say in response to fact, "We won, get over it."

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/24/09 - 09:11 am

Read these same libs comments

Read these same libs comments when a local crime is reported, they scream "off with his head". Lack of cognizant reasoning skills is my suspicion.

corgimom
19339
corgimom 04/24/09 - 09:27 am

"I am NOT one of the kook-aid

"I am NOT one of the kook-aid (your exact words) drinker" Freudian slip? This is downright FUNNY. Mornin', y'all, esp Tujeez.

Meth use on rise in Richmond County

Production of meth, a highly addictive drug made from household cold medicine, batteries, drain cleaner, brake fluid and other harmful chemicals, increased in recent years when the shake-and-bake ...