Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RANT to these impatient, selfish people that expect the office of the president to cure all their woes in four months. Get a life and try to help yourself. We live in a democracy. Taxes make the country run. I don't see anyone demonstrating about starving people or fifth-graders that can't read or do math because of lazy parents.

RANT TO Commissioner Betty Beard, who represents the Harrisburg area. Look at the work you did on Laney-Walker. Why can't you invest in the Harrisburg section? Street lights on Crawford Avenue and Eve Street (like the ones that line Laney-Walker) would help this neighborhood greatly. These two streets go from Walton Way down to Broad Street, where the Kroc Center is to be built, and the lights would make a big statement.

OUR PRESIDENT goes before Europeans and now Latin Americans and blames the U.S. for most of the ills of the world and then promises "new growth funds" (with U.S. tax dollars). His new friends Castro, Chavez and Ortega are long-time socialists and can teach him much -- he did say, "I have a lot to learn."

THIS IS A HUGE rave to the nice ladies who work at the Motor Vehicle Department down on Laney-Walker Boulevard. I had to go down there to get plates for my car, and they were wonderful. They were very pleasant and took care of me in a very timely manner. Keep up the good work.

TO UNEDUCATED PEOPLE trying to jump on Obama for paying respects to leaders of other countries: Study cultures and psychology. The latter will show you that Obama is not kowtowing to anyone, but merely paying respect and showing proper diplomacy and courtesy to leaders of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

ELECTED REPUBLICANS and young Republicans are still tongue-tied over the immensity of what transpired in the November election.

I WOULD LIKE to give a big rave to the Georgia State Patrol for helping out with The Best Dam bicycle ride on Sunday. They were there watching the motorists while over 300 bicyclists rode 60 to 100 miles around Clarks Hill. And I might add they stopped several motorists who did not yield to the bicyclists.

DEKE, YOU'RE jeopardizing this city's financial future for a minor league team that already has a perfectly good stadium. Is Cal Ripken threatening to move the team if he doesn't get a new stadium? Ask the taxpayers, Deke. They're the ones that put you in office. The way you are taking the choice away from us is wrong.

A RAVE TO Matthew (our newspaper carrier) for the note he left in our paper regarding our Sunday delivery. Thanks for showing that you cared!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/23/09 - 01:16 pm
i preffer indecent

i preffer indecent

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:17 pm
Right on Duke! LOL

Right on Duke! LOL

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/23/09 - 01:18 pm
INDECENT (N): long enough and

INDECENT (N): long enough and in far enough

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:20 pm
LOL - The Obama attitude

LOL - The Obama attitude spreads to the dumb masses. "Just because I say I'm leaving doesn't mean I'm actually leaving. That is not a lie, that's just politics. Bush did it too! Have you seen how PTHS dresses for NASCAR races? He needs to change his shampoo too and get some relaxers in there to get rid of the frizzies."

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:20 pm
Milton, the day after

Milton, the day after Christmas, PTHS said," Happy Kwanzaa Sambos and Sambettes".On several occasions he referred to blacks as monkeys and call me, a black male, middle aged, a boy.Lipstick said," what do you call a white man surounded by five blackmen?" , Answer coach. What do you call a whiteman surrounded by one hundred blackmen? Answer warden.There are many ways to answer these questions. If this isn't racism ,what is?

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 01:22 pm
Obobblehead,Obowelmovement,Ob

Obobblehead,Obowelmovement,Oblameless,Oblego,
Obowmaster,Obankrupt,Oclueless,Oliar,Opopular,
Oblowallourdescendentsmoney,Owhydon'tyoukissmyascot, Oimrichsoyousuck, Orcrwhydoyoubothertocometoabattleofwitsunarmed, Owhydoyoulovetrailertrash, OcanIbuyavotefor13bucks,Oscrewyouboy .

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/23/09 - 01:24 pm
RCR are you a racist?

RCR are you a racist?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:25 pm
"Mommy mommy mommy HE started

"Mommy mommy mommy HE started it!" I won't provide the words that RCR has used to descibe white folks. You can watch for yourself to see who the name-callers are. I confess to calling him Tinkerbell since he worries about how I dress and what I look like. I think it's a "man crush". I hope he doesn't want any prison shower time action with me.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:26 pm
PTHS,say what you want. All I

PTHS,say what you want. All I have to do is look at your photo.That says it all.Yeah Lippy, now tell us something that's imformative.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:33 pm
Something that's informative

Something that's informative you mean? LMAO - those jokes still crack me up. They never get old....thanks for retelling them.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:35 pm
No Milton, I don't have no

No Milton, I don't have no beef with white people. You see I have plenty and discrimination just makes me work harder to overcome.I won't go into what God has bless me with, but I don't need a handout.What I don't like,are racist bigots who think they are fooling someone.Believe me dude, I talk to my own race about the thug culture and other issues, but that's between us.PTHS,I don't even see what a woman sees in you, let alone a man.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:35 pm
Is this "imformative" enough

Is this "imformative" enough for you? "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 01:35 pm
I'd pay to see RCR call a

I'd pay to see RCR call a black successful man or woman a "Tom" like he does here. You are The Weakest Link, boy.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:42 pm
ITDOC, you're just weakminded

ITDOC, you're just weakminded loser, who has nothing to say. Cowards like you, aren't man enough to say that in person.What I really think of you would get banned.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:43 pm
la de dah

la de dah

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 01:46 pm
Hey I needz my grass cut,

Hey I needz my grass cut, come gimme a deal since you love the white race so much, loser. My successful black friends are here and they want you to come call them Tom. They ALSO think you're a chump. Nice try to goad me into getting "banned", but your attempt at that is as successful as your attempt at progenation (look it up).

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:46 pm
At least I'm not PWT.I know

At least I'm not PWT.I know how to dress and groom.You're just what I thought you was.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:48 pm
No, you're PBT.

No, you're PBT.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:50 pm
I see you love the Toms.You

I see you love the Toms.You should take the GR of grass.I'm shaking dude. I doubt any blacks would buy into filth like you.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:52 pm
Lippy,I see I hit another

Lippy,I see I hit another nerve. If the shoe fit, put it on. My bad, you're already wearing it.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:55 pm
LOL - This is hilarious! Hey,

LOL - This is hilarious! Hey, RCR, Auto-Zone sells high-quality replacement neoprene gaskets that should match your skin tone and not mess up your wardrobe color coordination.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:56 pm
LMAO - that's what is so gosh

LMAO - that's what is so gosh darn funny RCR. You actually think what you say affects me in anyway, shape, or form!?! You're a joke! The only nerve you continually hit is my sciatic nerve....because you're a pain in my pork chop. w00t!

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 02:01 pm
The world is laughing at

The world is laughing at Oblowhard. The economic gurus are laughing at Oclueless. The bankers are laughing at Oigotzmines. The conservatives are laughing at Oiwishiwasawhiteman. The liberals are laughing at Opromisesmade. The Independents are laughing at all of you sheeple. Transparency: something that only comes in white.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 02:04 pm
Barry Obobblehead bought an

Barry Obobblehead bought an election
His supporters still have the erection
His policies are fried
His backers all lied
He's a master of misdirection.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 02:04 pm
It's a shame them babies will

It's a shame them babies will be raised by a Klan comic.We can see racism will continue into the future. WTG Lippy!!!Flyguy, I still have them clothes in the attic, you're welcome to them. See, I'm not racist, just trying to help you out. I hate seeing anybody looking like a bum.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/23/09 - 02:04 pm
RCR, Yeah you touched a nerve

RCR, Yeah you touched a nerve and as for my screenname. Don't see why you're having such a confusing time...I'm blessed in Christ love. As for biased opinion, no it's just my opinion, just like you have one. If mine is biased then does that make your's biased also. As for PTHS, I'll admit I haven't read every single one of his posting but mostly what I see if negative comments towards President Obama, his administration, policies, and government. He does sling a mean attitude towards you but you seem to dish it out as well, as for racist...I don't recall any racist comments but like I said I haven't read them all. Just my opinion again, when someone calls you a boy it doesn't necessarily mean something racist, it usually means "boy", young immature....so maybe it's your pride that is distorting your perception. I'm just tired of the "Christian" bashing that goes on here is all.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 02:05 pm
Barely Simpleton went to

Barely Simpleton went to DC
His votes were all bought for a fee
the sheep are proud
their bleating is loud
And their healthcare is still not free

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 02:07 pm
Objecting to Oboy is just a

Objecting to Oboy is just a whine
But criticizing white people is just fine
He had to adopt
Cuz he produced no crop
RCR's head contains no mind.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 02:08 pm
Ehh...I wouldn't worry about

Ehh...I wouldn't worry about my kids if I were you. Sounds like you have enough to worry about in your own life RCR. I'm not racist, I just hate ignorance. You're the poster BOY for it. BTW, didn't you have somewhere to go - like an hour ago?

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 02:10 pm
ICL, save that for your

ICL, save that for your crowd.You nothing but a hypocrite.All that stuff is just playing to you fellow bigots.I don't believe you didn't see it.Now you say boy wasn't meant as racist. Get real.You're so pious and call the president stupid. Unbelievable!!!!