Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RANT to these impatient, selfish people that expect the office of the president to cure all their woes in four months. Get a life and try to help yourself. We live in a democracy. Taxes make the country run. I don't see anyone demonstrating about starving people or fifth-graders that can't read or do math because of lazy parents.

RANT TO Commissioner Betty Beard, who represents the Harrisburg area. Look at the work you did on Laney-Walker. Why can't you invest in the Harrisburg section? Street lights on Crawford Avenue and Eve Street (like the ones that line Laney-Walker) would help this neighborhood greatly. These two streets go from Walton Way down to Broad Street, where the Kroc Center is to be built, and the lights would make a big statement.

OUR PRESIDENT goes before Europeans and now Latin Americans and blames the U.S. for most of the ills of the world and then promises "new growth funds" (with U.S. tax dollars). His new friends Castro, Chavez and Ortega are long-time socialists and can teach him much -- he did say, "I have a lot to learn."

THIS IS A HUGE rave to the nice ladies who work at the Motor Vehicle Department down on Laney-Walker Boulevard. I had to go down there to get plates for my car, and they were wonderful. They were very pleasant and took care of me in a very timely manner. Keep up the good work.

TO UNEDUCATED PEOPLE trying to jump on Obama for paying respects to leaders of other countries: Study cultures and psychology. The latter will show you that Obama is not kowtowing to anyone, but merely paying respect and showing proper diplomacy and courtesy to leaders of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

ELECTED REPUBLICANS and young Republicans are still tongue-tied over the immensity of what transpired in the November election.

I WOULD LIKE to give a big rave to the Georgia State Patrol for helping out with The Best Dam bicycle ride on Sunday. They were there watching the motorists while over 300 bicyclists rode 60 to 100 miles around Clarks Hill. And I might add they stopped several motorists who did not yield to the bicyclists.

DEKE, YOU'RE jeopardizing this city's financial future for a minor league team that already has a perfectly good stadium. Is Cal Ripken threatening to move the team if he doesn't get a new stadium? Ask the taxpayers, Deke. They're the ones that put you in office. The way you are taking the choice away from us is wrong.

A RAVE TO Matthew (our newspaper carrier) for the note he left in our paper regarding our Sunday delivery. Thanks for showing that you cared!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:02 pm
Buckfiddy, you sad dude.Hi

Buckfiddy, you sad dude.Hi Rose,if he keeps it up, I will have too fire back.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/23/09 - 01:04 pm
RCR I said something to you

RCR I said something to you when you called ITdoc a name so I'm not one to sit back and say nothing but you know if you call others names also aren't you in the game to and having that said you shouldn't leave and cry when your're losing.

Rose
Rose 04/23/09 - 01:07 pm
RCR don't worry about

RCR don't worry about offending me when you speak to buckfiddy. what you and he say to each other is between tou two. he loves to argue, then laughs.

Rose
Rose 04/23/09 - 01:08 pm
hi Q2. I am about to leave

hi Q2. I am about to leave for awhile. New clue on my family tree.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:08 pm
Buckfiddy, show me where I

Buckfiddy, show me where I called ItDoc a name?Why don't you speak up when they call others stupid ,gullible, unimformed etc?Selective outrage, is not outrage, it's taking sides.

Rose
Rose 04/23/09 - 01:09 pm
I will be back in a few hrs.

I will be back in a few hrs. Q2 good to see you here. Have a good afternoon.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/23/09 - 01:10 pm
yea I gotta go also and

yea I gotta go also and richmond county retard I'll finish this fight later.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/23/09 - 01:11 pm
Kettle/Black. No offense.

Kettle/Black. No offense.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/23/09 - 01:11 pm
RCR your 12:45 post you have

RCR your 12:45 post you have name calling in there

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:12 pm
Ahhh, I wake up to see

Ahhh, I wake up to see Tinkerbell is still obsessed with me. How sweet.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 01:12 pm
w00t!

w00t!

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/23/09 - 01:13 pm
So you can call others names

So you can call others names but get mad when they call you one.uh ok i got now ...don't do as i do do as i say do.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:18 pm
Flyguy,I have a dollar. Where

Flyguy,I have a dollar. Where can I go to get an outfit like yours?You're the one who keeps mentioning me while I'm asleep.You really ought to get a life.Justthefacts, that way poetic. You're a deep thinker, huh.Buckfiddy, take your foot out your mouth. When I call ItDoc a name, you'll know it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/23/09 - 01:21 pm
Evidently too deep for you.

Evidently too deep for you.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:23 pm
Yeah, it takes a genius to

Yeah, it takes a genius to decipher it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/23/09 - 01:28 pm
That would eliminate any

That would eliminate any chance you had, wouldn't it? Ok, enough..heading to the golf course. Have a good one.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/23/09 - 01:28 pm
Well then RCR it's no wonder

Well then RCR it's no wonder you're still looking at the pictures!

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/23/09 - 01:31 pm
WORD= 1/1000th Picture

WORD= 1/1000th Picture

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:36 pm
Truth hurts, don't it. What I

Truth hurts, don't it. What I said was the truth, pure and simple.It may not be politically correct, but it was right on the money. Why do you think people that sit on a computer, would question this president's very intelligence? The Hugo Chavez and torture editorials, were pure lunacy. Totally ridiculous!!!AC editorial board is pandering to bitter subscribers.I'm not mad at them though, it sells papers.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:40 pm
Coldbeer, when you have

Coldbeer, when you have something to say, then speak.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 01:46 pm
CBBP isn't a dog RCR...you

CBBP isn't a dog RCR...you shouldn't talk to him like one. Truth is, you're an idiot.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 01:56 pm
Well gotta go for now

Well gotta go for now Bubbas.Lippy, that's complement coming from slime like you.I guess you're a Bubette, cheering for flyguy and coldbeer.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 04/23/09 - 02:00 pm
I sure do apprecitat Obama

I sure do apprecitat Obama letting me keep some of my money and giving the rest to people who don't pay taxes. And techlover today is your lucky day. You are due royalties from dictionary publishers who used your picture to illustrate the word "stupid".

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 02:03 pm
Lippy - How is your day

Lippy - How is your day going? Have you noticed that RCR is even starting to talk like Rose? Yesterday when he signed off it was "I have better things to do", then today he gets bossy with CBBP about when it was okay to talk. I think this assimilation is quite fascinating.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/23/09 - 02:06 pm
Not trying to take sides, but

Not trying to take sides, but I have not seen a racist remark from PTHS. I have not been on here long though. PTHS are you a racist?

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 02:07 pm
No, it would be a compliment,

No, it would be a compliment, not complement. Slime like me? I'd be upset if you thought I was "great" like Rose. But slime...that's awesome!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/23/09 - 02:09 pm
milton - I dunno, obviously I

milton - I dunno, obviously I can't tell. You'd have to ask all my black and Asian and hispanic and Arab friends.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 02:09 pm
My day has been fantastic,

My day has been fantastic, thank you! Now that the morning sickness is gone I can enjoy "being knocked up" LOL -- milton, what has PTHS ever said that could be considered racist? He's honest, straight-forward, and tells it like it is. That's not racism.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 04/23/09 - 02:12 pm
When losers don't have

When losers don't have nothing to say, that check grammar. When I say I have to go , then cowards spring to life.Lippy, Rose is a thousand more decent that you will ever be.

Lippy
Lippy 04/23/09 - 02:16 pm
I don't check grammar, I was

I don't check grammar, I was taught how to spell and speak correctly...so when I see bad grammar it's annoying. Being a loser and less decent than Rose in your eyes...is fabulous! Thank you RCR. Ta Ta!