Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A HUGE RANT to these impatient, selfish people that expect the office of the president to cure all their woes in four months. Get a life and try to help yourself. We live in a democracy. Taxes make the country run. I don't see anyone demonstrating about starving people or fifth-graders that can't read or do math because of lazy parents.

RANT TO Commissioner Betty Beard, who represents the Harrisburg area. Look at the work you did on Laney-Walker. Why can't you invest in the Harrisburg section? Street lights on Crawford Avenue and Eve Street (like the ones that line Laney-Walker) would help this neighborhood greatly. These two streets go from Walton Way down to Broad Street, where the Kroc Center is to be built, and the lights would make a big statement.

OUR PRESIDENT goes before Europeans and now Latin Americans and blames the U.S. for most of the ills of the world and then promises "new growth funds" (with U.S. tax dollars). His new friends Castro, Chavez and Ortega are long-time socialists and can teach him much -- he did say, "I have a lot to learn."

THIS IS A HUGE rave to the nice ladies who work at the Motor Vehicle Department down on Laney-Walker Boulevard. I had to go down there to get plates for my car, and they were wonderful. They were very pleasant and took care of me in a very timely manner. Keep up the good work.

TO UNEDUCATED PEOPLE trying to jump on Obama for paying respects to leaders of other countries: Study cultures and psychology. The latter will show you that Obama is not kowtowing to anyone, but merely paying respect and showing proper diplomacy and courtesy to leaders of other countries. There is nothing wrong with that.

ELECTED REPUBLICANS and young Republicans are still tongue-tied over the immensity of what transpired in the November election.

I WOULD LIKE to give a big rave to the Georgia State Patrol for helping out with The Best Dam bicycle ride on Sunday. They were there watching the motorists while over 300 bicyclists rode 60 to 100 miles around Clarks Hill. And I might add they stopped several motorists who did not yield to the bicyclists.

DEKE, YOU'RE jeopardizing this city's financial future for a minor league team that already has a perfectly good stadium. Is Cal Ripken threatening to move the team if he doesn't get a new stadium? Ask the taxpayers, Deke. They're the ones that put you in office. The way you are taking the choice away from us is wrong.

A RAVE TO Matthew (our newspaper carrier) for the note he left in our paper regarding our Sunday delivery. Thanks for showing that you cared!

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:20 pm
Why is Buckfiddy posting anti

Why is Buckfiddy posting anti Obama statements?

Rose
Rose 04/23/09 - 10:21 pm
I don't know why.

I don't know why.

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:21 pm
I don't think you live in a

I don't think you live in a trailer.

Rose
Rose 04/23/09 - 10:22 pm
KSL stop asking questions.

KSL stop asking questions. you are so nosey. get over yourself. Dang. you need some learning. now I am out of here. I am calling it a day.

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:23 pm
Go ahead, doc. I'm tired of

Go ahead, doc. I'm tired of being beaten up by her.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 10:23 pm
Aww, please stay. Don't go

Aww, please stay. Don't go away.

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 10:24 pm
KSL: Darkside

KSL: Darkside

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:25 pm
That's priceless. I need some

That's priceless. I need some learning. Don't forget, her father says than educated people are fools, (paraphrasing).

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/23/09 - 10:32 pm
BTW, unlike most who post

BTW, unlike most who post here, I realize the AC is a private entity and reserves the right to delete any post for any reason at any time. Good job moderator, my only wish is you would wield your axe justly.

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:35 pm
Yeah, I too am wondering why

Yeah, I too am wondering why some people get away with everything here. RichmondCountyResident comes to mind.

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 10:36 pm
I'm just thinking that

I'm just thinking that spatula should be spreading the icing on the cake with even strokes.

Jake
Jake 04/23/09 - 10:39 pm
I am a little hesitant to

I am a little hesitant to enter into this fray but in the quest to set the record somewhat straight I will try. First, I think a lot of Rose and Alfred, and I think a lot of KSL and Ed. Really fine, warm and good people. It is always fun to come to Augusta and not only see my immediate family but also see some of the AC posters as well. It has been a truly great experience and one I still want to do. I do not know what was posted about me "touching or hugging" anyone but I will admit I am very affectionate with people I like. I am half French and hugging is a natural part of my personna. I have hugged Rose and KSL as well as nwr81 and many other persons in my life. I don't understand what the big deal is. Right now my mom is at Doctor's hospital with breast cancer and in total denial of her condition. My dad is deceased, her friends have passed away and she feels alone even though her children are close by and are with her much of the time. The older I get the shorter life seems. I am much more at ease hugging and being nice than I am attacking someone.

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/23/09 - 10:42 pm
Hmm, But I do know who posted

Hmm, But I do know who posted it, but I'm not telling. He/she might have already deleted it.
Posted by Rose on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 PM
Jake did not see it because I did not post it
Posted by Rose on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 PM -----------
1st she says she knows who posted it and then says that he didn't see it as SHE didn't post it???

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/23/09 - 10:48 pm
I done kilt the board again,

I done kilt the board again, I see...lol. Am I good or what? (':

KSL
KSL 04/23/09 - 11:17 pm
Jake, I am very sorry to hear

Jake, I am very sorry to hear about your mom. Please tell me what I can do.

Rose
Rose 04/24/09 - 06:33 pm
That's priceless. I need some

Posted by KSL on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 PM
KSL that is one thing you should not have done. You lying drunk. my dad always told me that THERE ARE A LOT OF EDUCATED FOOLS OUT THERE.He did not say all. You leave my daddy out of your vicious drunken slobbering comments.

Sickness closes all McDuffie schools

One day after closing Maxwell Elementary School due to excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to ...