Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

IT WOULD BE NICE if someone would invest some money in some hotels at the airport. Maybe some restaurants, too.

HIGHWAY 56 is almost beyond repair. Fix it now.

ABOUT OBAMA BASHING: touchy touchy. What went around came around.

Mark Sanford, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I bet you were embarrassed when you got on TV saying that you couldn't help those people affected by the weekend storm. That's what they expected you to do, to come survey the area. You said you couldn't help them because they had to have more than 100 victims in the area in order to help them. We have more than 100 people here.

WHY DO WE have turning lanes on certain streets if people don't use them? You can drive around Augusta all day long and come to a stop where somebody is going to make a left turn but will not use the turning lane. The person will continue to sit there and hold up traffic, waiting until the lane gets free, but won't turn into a turning lane.

THIS IS A RANT to the Columbia County Young Republicans. Why don't you have a tea party against former President Bush and his administration and the Republicans for the last eight years of taxes and wasteful spending? Also, doesn't Columbia County have an amphitheater? Why did you come to Richmond County?

AS I READ some of the editorials and letters to the editor, I am amazed at how very judgmental, hateful, angry and mean-spirited some of you good Southern Christians are.

CHILD CARE is eating up my paycheck! I can't stay home with my kids because we have to pay rent and car and utilities, etc., but I can hardly pay anything else because child care is so expensive.

OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN kept screaming "transparency," a euphemism that does not clearly mean open, honest and above board, but to the uninitiated ear sounds like it does. Never count on Obama or the left to be clear when they can be confusing. Now, despite his "transparency" claim, he and his administration are ordering big banks getting bailout money to "keep quiet" about their performance, even though it is with our money that they are or are not performing.

A RANT TO the inconsiderate couple who brought their 3- or 4-year-old to the movies in Evans on Sunday evening. He ran unattended during the movie from the time you came in until I got up and told him to go sit down and stood there until he did so. You brought a child who was too young to sit through a movie and let him disturb everyone else while you sat like "bumps on a log." I hope that you and your small child will stay home until all three of you grow up.

lovethe48
lovethe48 04/18/09 - 12:34 am
hee, hee!

hee, hee!

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/18/09 - 01:20 am
Good morning Tujeez,

Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and ya'll! WooT/tatas! Happy Birthday, Trouble! (Don't know as you got the message) Have a great day, ya'll! (4:20 somewhere.)(':

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 04/18/09 - 02:40 am
If a moviegoer thinks an

If a moviegoer thinks an undisciplined child can disrupt his/her enjoyment of a movie, wait until that same child is enrolled in the same class as his/her son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece, or nephew. Then the moviegoer's kinfolk's education and future will incur the "full benefits" of the limit-deficient child-rearing practices of the disruptive child's "cool parents." KUDOS to the irate moviegoer for taking a stand!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/18/09 - 03:20 am
To the child care ranter: You

To the child care ranter: You probably should have thought about your responsibilites before you ..... well you know. Condoms are always cheaper than child care. G'mornin, RnR, Nammy! and all y'all! Happy Birthday, Trouble! w00t! It looks like great weekend weather and activities are in store for the CSRA. BTW, good post, Craig Spinks.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 04/18/09 - 05:45 am
Are you trying to say that

Are you trying to say that Hussien LIED to you??? Are you REALLY surprised?? From what I have read and seen, Hussien could tell you that water is dry and the sky is polka-dotted and you sheeple will swear it's true.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/18/09 - 05:45 am
Morning Nammy! and Tujeez and

Morning Nammy! and Tujeez and PTHS , Everybody have a good day !!!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/18/09 - 05:47 am
Right on wizzard, Right on !

Right on wizzard, Right on !

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/18/09 - 05:50 am
Early to bed , Early to rise

Early to bed , Early to rise ; Fish all day, Make up lies !!! Gone fishin' , talk to you guys this afternoon !!!! Have a good day !!!! :) wOOt !! for Nammy

christian134
christian134 04/18/09 - 05:59 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

christian134
christian134 04/18/09 - 06:15 am
To all Americans who have

To all Americans who have some sense of moral decency left I can only say it is time to take back our country from the power hungry left wingers who have not one caring bone in their whole bodies for anyone but themselves...Obama has taken his shot at the Pres. and failed miserably...Republicans and Democrats alike need to be taken to the proverbial woodshed and soundly thrashed...Asking that all vestiges of God be removed from sight simply because this person, Obama, doesn't want to view them is heinous at best...

g-dog express
g-dog express 04/18/09 - 06:38 am
To the ranter about Columbia

To the ranter about Columbia Co. Young Republicans. Get over it. They have the right to protest and Richmond Co. gave them the place. The amount of money being committed right now worries a lot of people. Don't forget people were complaining about Bush spending too. How soon and convenient it is to forget. Ranter about Southern Christian. Comments made are not indicative of all Southern Christians. Sounds like there is a lot of judgmental people on both sides of blogging.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/18/09 - 07:36 am
Good one, PTHS. Child care

Good one, PTHS. Child care is expensive, but complaining about it after you had obviously more than one is stupid. Discotheque is hiring, and I think if you can't join the Army you can find a Soldier to be your pimp.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/18/09 - 07:37 am
Also, I don't want to hear

Also, I don't want to hear any complaining, because if I had a vagina I'd be very well off. I'd have no reason to complain, well, then again, I'd have estrogen so I know I wouldn't get along with other women.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/18/09 - 07:42 am
About the tea bag party; they

About the tea bag party; they never hid the fact that they were also tired of Bush spending. Maybe they're protesting now, because they were Obama supporters that didn't get the change he promised.

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/18/09 - 07:46 am
Good morning all !!...It

Good morning all !!...It seems that barry and his boys are down in South America dissing the USA again.........barry laughs and "plays the bend me over and do me" bit with ortega and the other members of the most corrupt and evil Govs. in the world...........getting rid of this syncophant should be all Americans first priority.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/18/09 - 07:48 am
Eugene Robinson said in

Eugene Robinson said in today's column, "In terms of logical self-interest, only the wealthy should have come out to dump their teabags and wave their pitchforks." First, he just doesn't get it: the people that come to the tea parties are not going out of ONLY self-interest, they are concerned about the future of this country, their children's futures, and their grandchildren's futures. And why would he perceive the wealthy, who are paying such a large portion of the taxes that keep the least wealthy fed and housed, as devils with pitchforks? Talk about intellectually and politically incoherent comments!

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/18/09 - 07:51 am
morning all

morning all

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/18/09 - 07:52 am
Maybe they are protesting

Maybe they are protesting because their candidate did not win, and they are sore losers. Maybe?

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/18/09 - 07:55 am
That's my point, Hypo. So it

That's my point, Hypo. So it does no good for them to be labeled as either.

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/18/09 - 07:55 am
get rid of the

get rid of the dictator-wannabe.................soon

Irish
Irish 04/18/09 - 07:57 am
The media has started using

The media has started using the term tea bag as a metaphor for a certain sexual activity. I say it is well defined by them because it seems their boy, President "HOWDY DOODY" seems to be getting "TEA BAGGED" every where he goes.....Of course I am one of those vets he targeted as a terroritst. Funny I'm on his list but he apologized to those that attacked us.....

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/18/09 - 07:59 am
Eugene Robinson says "The

Eugene Robinson says "The protests were all over the map". They sounded right on target to me. And why does he imply it was only a Republican event? He says, "I know it seems crazy to use words like "clever" and "sophisticated" in connection with today's Republican Party, but stranger things have happened". Strange, did he not notice the disgustingly littered state that the Obama supporters, chiefly Democrats, left the grounds in D.C. after the inauguration? How sophisticated is it to litter? How clever are they if they couldn't take out the garbage they brought in? I had to look hard to see any litter at the Augusta tea party. Besides, the tea parties here and elsewhere were not partisan events, there are Democrats and Independents at them, the Columbia County Republicans simply helped organize and sponsor this one. There will be another one in Aiken, soon. I'm not a Republican, but I would like to go.

DRAMAMAMA
DRAMAMAMA 04/18/09 - 08:01 am
Ok so I have finally realized

Ok so I have finally realized how idiotic some people are in here...I can totally understand the daycare situation. I am glad that I am past that and that I am lucky enough to have people to help me and lucky enough to have a good work schedule. Not all people are fortunate. Then the ranter would have been criticized if she was staying home collecting welfare. Atleast she is trying her best to work and do something productive with her life. Some of us dont have everything handed to us on a silver platter. Maybe the ranter had a good life and was happily married, maybe her husband left her leaving her with all the responsability of having to do it all by herself and it's NOT easy!!! I was in her shoes one day... I worked my butt off to try and make it...so to you ranter....keep your head up and ignore the fools that try to put you down.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 04/18/09 - 08:01 am
Sorry to burst your bubble

Sorry to burst your bubble HYPOCRITES 08, but there were also people there that voted FOR Obama.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/18/09 - 08:01 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Crew, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, PTHS,The Interrogator, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/18/09 - 08:12 am
Well...It's possible to be

Well...It's possible to be "misquoted", so I guess it's possible to have "misvoted"... Some may want to consider that term when defining their current situation.......... I wonder where all of the Obama T-Shirts have gone......possibly to Goodwill? Maybe we'll begin seeing them pop up in third world country newsreel footage?

palomino9
palomino9 04/18/09 - 08:14 am
Everyone pays for housing,

Everyone pays for housing, transportation, and food. If you can't afford children, maybe you shouldn't have had them. That was your choice, or your mistake.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/18/09 - 08:26 am
Great post DRAMAMAMA.

Great post DRAMAMAMA.

anotherday
anotherday 04/18/09 - 08:36 am

thank you Tujeez, you made me smile this beautiful morning!

anotherday
anotherday 04/18/09 - 08:39 am
I asked the t-shirt question

I asked the t-shirt question to my sister in MI the other day and she didn't have a answer- this is the sister that had an O party when he was elected.

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...