Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT to those people who run the stop signs driving too fast in front of Lowe's in North Augusta. They need speed bumps to slow people down.

OBAMA FIRST poured $13.5 billion of our tax money into General Motors. Now he's saying it has to go bankrupt. Clearly, it should have gone bankrupt before Obama poured your $13.5 billion down that drain.

THIS IS A RANT to parents dropping off/picking up kids at Belvedere Elementary who can't read a one-way sign. Maybe you need to enroll yourself back in school.

KUDOS TO Glenn Hills Elementary School for the great support at "Donuts for Dads." We started the CRCT week off with a large turnout of fathers supporting their kids.

I WANTED TO SEND a rave to The Chronicle not only for its great coverage but also my free paper every day of the Masters. I really enjoyed the paper each day.

Obama didn't do anything; it was the Navy that rescued the hostage. As far as Iraq, Bush stood up for the people of America; Obama hasn't yet. All he and the media are concerned with is Obama getting a dog.

OBAMA SAYS he wants to open doors to Cuba "as a path to promoting personal freedom in the communist nation." Communist nations, by definition, never have personal freedom.

TO THE PERSON that's bashing Obama: Why didn't you run for president?

HOW CAN PEOPLE move into a rented house in a quiet neighborhood and immediately start playing their loud music and disturbing everyone and the sheriff's department acts like they're scared to say anything to them. They need to give them a ticket for disturbing the peace.

ANY REASON why the sheriff didn't have an officer at the intersection of Stevens Creek and Washington Road during Masters Week? A deputy sat in his car while the intersection became jammed between light changes. Can we fix that next year?

AMERICA NEEDS to realize that we are a country of laws dealing with a world where many don't even respect human life. Our "established" military rules of engagement have just allowed the U.S. to be held hostage by four pirates for five days! If the military on site were allowed to perform the duties it is trained for it would have been over the first night.

lovethe48
lovethe48 04/17/09 - 02:00 am
hee, hee!

hee, hee!

kat30815
kat30815 04/17/09 - 02:57 am
that officer sitting in his

that officer sitting in his car was probbably operating an auxillary traffic light controller.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/17/09 - 04:06 am
Hey Nammy and Tujeez, PTHS

Hey Nammy and Tujeez, PTHS and everbody . Have a good day !!!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/17/09 - 04:20 am
A thought for the day:

A thought for the day: Rudyard Kipling wrote, "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." G'mornin, Nammy!, RnR, and all y'all. w00t! To all our Orthodox friends and neighbors, have a Blessed Holy Friday.

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/17/09 - 05:10 am
d'aw wheres the LTEs at?

d'aw wheres the LTEs at?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/17/09 - 05:15 am
NBC = National Broadcasting

NBC = National Broadcasting of Communism. ABC Americas broadcasting of communism, CBS Communist broadcasting services, CNN Communist news network

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/17/09 - 05:19 am
To the lady that hangs out at

To the lady that hangs out at lows...
Instead of the government putting in speed bumbs to make you happy why don't you just get a whistle an orange vest and a stop slow sign. Its obvious that you have nothing better to do

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/17/09 - 05:43 am
RnR - I got it - I'd

RnR - I got it - I'd recommend you go ahead and delete your 5:35 post I realize you are an AohHell user, so just click the "X" icon. LOL

1941
1941 04/17/09 - 05:53 am
If the president did not do

If the president did not do anything during the crisis with the pirates, who were giving the orders? He is the COMANDER IN Chief, nothing can be done,unless he say it can be done. What did you want him to do, get in a plane, put on a jacket,fly to the ship, and say , MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I don;t think so. You people are going to be worn out, at the end of his term.

christian134
christian134 04/17/09 - 05:56 am
Good morning all...:-)

Good morning all...:-)

christian134
christian134 04/17/09 - 06:05 am
If you 1941 and others keep

If you 1941 and others keep your head in the sand concerning this ultra liberal socialist Pres., who has a all but given this nation of ours into the hands of his socialist buddies as well as booting God to the curb, you people are in for a rude awakening...One day you and yours are going to be screaming bloody murder to awaken to find yourselves in another nation ruled strictly by one man's rule...One reassurance in this whole sick situation is that I can say all who side with this man's ideology concerning God will ultimately find God not to be someone to that is not going to lie down and let these arrogant individuals stomp on Him...He, the Almighty, will stomp back...Personally I believe that is already happening...

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/17/09 - 06:05 am
1941 - To answer your

1941 - To answer your question - The Captain of the USS Bainbridge was giving the orders. He was finally granted the authority to use his professional military judgement to solve the problem after 5 days of inaction by the Token Pretender-In-Chief. "We can work this out". I really think PresBo was just checking with his relatives in the region to make sure that none of his half-brothers were part of the pirate crew.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/17/09 - 06:08 am
1941 what does Bush have to

1941 what does Bush have to do with this??? Please tell me?

christian134
christian134 04/17/09 - 06:16 am
I do believe you are right on

I do believe you are right on point in your assessment of Pres. O in the pirate situation PTHS...:-)

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/17/09 - 06:17 am
c134 - Thank you, Ma'am.

c134 - Thank you, Ma'am. G'mornin to ya! Happy Holy Friday.

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/17/09 - 06:27 am
morning all

morning all

BIGDADDY1
BIGDADDY1 04/17/09 - 06:31 am
gmorning everyone

gmorning everyone

christian134
christian134 04/17/09 - 06:35 am
Good morning right back at ya

Good morning right back at ya this very very fine beginning of the day...:-)

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/17/09 - 06:38 am
A Fantastic...fourtunate

A Fantastic...fourtunate ..friendly...fabulous...felicities..to all on this Fine Friday!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 06:41 am
Good Morning Peeps, Pervs,

Good Morning Peeps, Pervs, Pimps, Posters, Posers and Imposters!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 06:44 am
Let us make a special effort

Let us make a special effort to stop communicating with each other, so we can have some conversation."
--Judith Martin

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 06:47 am
Coffee's good, sun's rising,

Coffee's good, sun's rising, bird's singing, Boss likes me, wife tolerates me! All is right in this world!

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/17/09 - 06:49 am
Oh my ..positively poignant

Oh my ..positively poignant CBBP

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/17/09 - 06:50 am
CBBP - G'mornin, brother.

CBBP - G'mornin, brother. Speaking of pimps, the readers' comments on the SSG Pimp story on nbcaugusta are hilarious - if they haven't been removed by now.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 06:52 am

Thank You, Thank You Very Much! I'll be here all week!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 06:56 am
That is just too much PTHS,

That is just too much PTHS, especially Shaniqua!

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 04/17/09 - 07:00 am
To the person complaining

To the person complaining about drivers in Lowe's parking lot- I totally agree. Not only do they speed thru, pedestrians are not given the right of way. Milton, are you one of those that try to run us over? I say put in speed bumps!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/17/09 - 07:01 am
No, no speed bumps, just get

No, no speed bumps, just get Gilbert and Montlick to hang out for a couple days and the problem will be solved and they'll get you paid!

Boston93
Boston93 04/17/09 - 07:02 am
I agree with the ranter on

I agree with the ranter on running redlights at Wal-Mart in North Augusta and actually in the CSRA. They are getting bad. I've run the warning light on several occasions, but when I look in my rear view mirror, I see 3-5 more come through the red in many locations. People, please keep an eye out for this and don't get into a wreck. Since the Police can't be everywhere, it will be your responsibility to stop and also pay attention to those waiting on the green light that may pull out in front of those running the red lights.

MenstratingModerator
MenstratingModerator 04/17/09 - 07:03 am
I gotz my chek!!

I gotz my chek!!

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.