Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS RAVE is for Butch Palmer. Mr. Palmer's message about cleaning up Harrisburg is working. Slowly but surely, Harrisburg's population is becoming more upwardly mobile. Keep it up, Mr. Palmer.You symbolize the mighty bastion of decency in Harrisburg.Thank you for setting proper community standards.

THIS IS TO the person in the little red sporty car. You ran the red light because you were not paying attention and obviously speeding. To keep from hitting me, you went into oncoming traffic and ended up in the parking lot of Wachovia bank on Peach Orchard Road. I pulled behind you and got your tag number, and when I pulled alongside you to confront you, you wouldn't even look at me. You could have hurt very badly or killed a lot of people with your careless driving.

I FEEL BAD for the truck driver killed recently on I-20. Readers need to understand that though some trucks can run fast, the majority are governed (most at 65 mph or less). We also have brakes on all wheels, but that doesn't mean we can stop 80,000 pounds on a dime.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department, all the emergency service personel, the employees of SCE&G and all the volunteers all over our area for a job well done during and after the tornado on Friday. Thank you all.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsburg has gone bonkers. She insists that the U.S. court can make its decisions based on laws from foreign countries. Clearly, even Alabama doesn't base its court's decisions on Georgia laws, or vice versa. So how can this U.S. judge believe such nonsense?

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000 to do an "assessment" on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. The lake is a giant water puddle. Giant water puddles have existed ever since water. The country is broke, but the Corps wants to spend more. Doesn't the Corps of Engineers already get paychecks and have operating money from our taxes? Why does it claim to need more?

THE RANTER who said our current commander-in-chief was too much of a wimp to handle the Somali pirates sure made a fool of himself. Our new president will authorize the use of force only when needed, unlike our previous president and his cohorts, who were loose cannons.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:45 am
"A racially integrated

"A racially integrated community is a chronological term timed from the entrance of the first black family to the exit of the last white family."
-- Saul Alinsky

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/15/09 - 08:45 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Posse, nomoreglowintatas, Nammy!, PTHS, The Interrogator, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and bellm1965! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/15/09 - 08:46 am
Looks like things are off to

Looks like things are off to a good start on the show today - with some interesting new parts -- that will make it interesting --- by the way Hypo I have never been in the military and I know what a 98G form is - and you were an investigator ---- Rose come and educate the gentleman or else teach him how to use Google!!!! ----Everyone have a good day and nice to see some new topics today!!

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 08:46 am
hello everyone I'm just

hello everyone I'm just loving this time off PTHS what do you make of the current situation on the U.S border with Mexico? And do you think it will escalate?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:50 am
Tujeez, Hypo said I would

Tujeez, Hypo said I would make your "hello" list. I didn't - now I want to cry. Hypo was WRONG!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/15/09 - 08:55 am
Tujeez, bellm1965 gets my

Tujeez, bellm1965 gets my vote! w00t!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:56 am
NLA...that's a mean thing to

NLA...that's a mean thing to say about cooks

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:56 am
I don't work on the Mexican

I don't work on the Mexican border so I don't make anything off of it.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/15/09 - 09:02 am
Well, such that it is, here's

Well, such that it is, here's the Fishing Report I promised before I left Friday....The fish, evidently being Government Workers(as Clarke's Hill is a Federal Impoundment) took the weekend off.....starting with Good Friday. Not to say that someone...somewhere didn't catch a fish over the weekend, but I gave it my best effort, and when the fish-finder quit working, I gave up. It was about that time that I muttered something to my FIL that we forgot the Dynamite. Just about that time, I realized that the Game Warden was approaching to have a look at our Licenses and Boat Registration......A fun time was had by all up until the point that he asked if We were sure he couldn't count our fish, at which point, I made it clear that we'd ran out of Dynamite just yesterday and had resorted to hook and line fishing to pass the time.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/15/09 - 09:02 am
Did I Do That?.....Turn It

Did I Do That?.....Turn It For Nammy! w00t! and one for Nomore!WooT! and two baby woot! woot!s for Lippy+2.

MJDW
MJDW 04/15/09 - 09:03 am
This is for the person or

This is for the person or persons who complianed about the Lady in section 12 row A at the Lord of the Dance Tuesday night April 14. I was setting behind her and she was not bothering any of us, so you must not enjoy yourself whenever you get out, stay at home and watch TV so the rest of us can enjoy ourselves when we pay to see a great show at the Bell. And to the Lady, I'm sorry that we have people like that in Augusta. Please next time stay and enjoy the show untill the end.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/15/09 - 09:06 am
Tujeez, your fish finder

Tujeez, your fish finder stopped working. Does that mean your worm died on the hook before catching a fish?

citizenofconcern
citizenofconcern 04/15/09 - 09:08 am
This is RANT to one of

This is RANT to one of Richmond County's finest who threw two young men into the back of his squad while they exiting the mall just because one of gentlemen was wearing a jacket similar to the one a burglar suspect is wearing. These gentlemen have no idea whats going until later when the real thefts are caught and they are about to be released. At this time the gentlemen now understand and one of the makes the comment to the other "That's Wack". The officer gets upset and charges the two innocent kid for "DISORDERLY CONDUCT" for their comment. I understand the officer has a job to do, but part of that job is to apology for the mistakes or misjudgments "HE" makes. An apology would have been find but sometime when you have a badge it's not necessary.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:11 am
They got charged with

They got charged with disorderly conduct for saying "thats wacked"? I think there is more to the story.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/15/09 - 09:12 am
I only use artificial bait

I only use artificial bait Eyes, the "real thing" makes me squeamish.........heard too much about the "Pain Olympics" to go there with a hook....

Dan White 04/15/09 - 09:13 am
I posted the rant about Obama

I posted the rant about Obama being a whimp! Today's ranter missed my point. My point is this - with the straight shootin', rootin' tootin' 6 gun straight shootin' cowboy Bush at the helm, no pirates or rogue nation or anyone else dared attack the USA after he blistered Sadaam. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With Obama, we are going to see the enemy become brazen and attack again and again. I give him credit for ordering the Navy Seals to kill the Somalian thugs and maybe, I hope, his actions will deter future attacks against the US and US interests. But nothing like the pirate take over of the Marsk Alabama happened under Bush's watch!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 04/15/09 - 09:14 am
Artificial bait? You mean

Artificial bait? You mean bait like so many try to use here on this board day after day?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:16 am
Thats funny Rolling Eyes

Thats funny Rolling Eyes

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 09:16 am
greenjacket - Thank you, Sir.

greenjacket - Thank you, Sir. But I must pick nits - he did not "order" them to be killed. He approved a draft ROE that permitted the on-scene commander to make a decision if faced with specific circumstances.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:17 am
I thought it was a schoolyard

I thought it was a schoolyard sometimes

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:19 am
I do not like O at all but I

I do not like O at all but I am going to start a contraversity when I bring up the Cole bombing here. Devil's advocite.

Lippy
Lippy 04/15/09 - 09:20 am
Hypo, did they call you Farva

Hypo, did they call you Farva on the police force?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:20 am
ya'll know i am spelling

ya'll know i am spelling challenged

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/15/09 - 09:21 am
We were fishing Thursday and

We were fishing Thursday and seems the fish know when the weather is good and disappear just like the deer seem to know when hunting season is over (and they show up).

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:22 am
The deer only show up when I

The deer only show up when I drive down Brown Rd or Hwy 56 at night

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 09:27 am
Lippy - LOL - G'mornin to

Lippy - LOL - G'mornin to y'all!

Lippy
Lippy 04/15/09 - 09:29 am
Good morning PTHS!

Good morning PTHS!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/15/09 - 09:29 am
Those South Richmond County

Those South Richmond County Deer are favored as hood ornaments almost as much as the ones from Columbia County.

Lippy
Lippy 04/15/09 - 09:30 am
It's official y'all - my

It's official y'all - my first trimester is over! w00t! w00t!

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 09:33 am
Yes they are. My kids have

Yes they are. My kids have grown up around the world, literally but love Bambi burgers and still get a kick out of seeing the deer on the road- me not so much.