Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS RAVE is for Butch Palmer. Mr. Palmer's message about cleaning up Harrisburg is working. Slowly but surely, Harrisburg's population is becoming more upwardly mobile. Keep it up, Mr. Palmer.You symbolize the mighty bastion of decency in Harrisburg.Thank you for setting proper community standards.

THIS IS TO the person in the little red sporty car. You ran the red light because you were not paying attention and obviously speeding. To keep from hitting me, you went into oncoming traffic and ended up in the parking lot of Wachovia bank on Peach Orchard Road. I pulled behind you and got your tag number, and when I pulled alongside you to confront you, you wouldn't even look at me. You could have hurt very badly or killed a lot of people with your careless driving.

I FEEL BAD for the truck driver killed recently on I-20. Readers need to understand that though some trucks can run fast, the majority are governed (most at 65 mph or less). We also have brakes on all wheels, but that doesn't mean we can stop 80,000 pounds on a dime.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department, all the emergency service personel, the employees of SCE&G and all the volunteers all over our area for a job well done during and after the tornado on Friday. Thank you all.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsburg has gone bonkers. She insists that the U.S. court can make its decisions based on laws from foreign countries. Clearly, even Alabama doesn't base its court's decisions on Georgia laws, or vice versa. So how can this U.S. judge believe such nonsense?

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000 to do an "assessment" on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. The lake is a giant water puddle. Giant water puddles have existed ever since water. The country is broke, but the Corps wants to spend more. Doesn't the Corps of Engineers already get paychecks and have operating money from our taxes? Why does it claim to need more?

THE RANTER who said our current commander-in-chief was too much of a wimp to handle the Somali pirates sure made a fool of himself. Our new president will authorize the use of force only when needed, unlike our previous president and his cohorts, who were loose cannons.

disssman
disssman 04/15/09 - 08:04 am
I thought the comments

I thought the comments section was here to comment on the opinions stated in the paper. I didn't know it was a personal message board, what gives with you people.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:06 am
I know addressing me directly

I know addressing me directly is fun for you, however you never answered my question of whether or not Japan attacked Pearl harbor because Roosevelt was President?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:06 am
Hypo, the first one to become

Hypo, the first one to become emotional generally loses. Calm down. Defend your position. Don't get angry and walk away.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:06 am
Hypo - I am talking about

Hypo - I am talking about YOU, boy, not law enforcement in general. I have great respect and thanks for the jobs they do. I have the same respect for you working in public safety. I am just getting tired of you fighting about things you know nothing about, like the Middle Eastern mentality. Or did you learn that in Guam? I'm not going to try and tell you how to put out a fire, don't try and tell me what the terrorists are thinking.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:07 am
Hypo - I do not know why

Hypo - I do not know why Japan attacked Pearl Harbor - I was off-duty that day.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:08 am
I love those angry comments

I love those angry comments when certain people comment. I never hear you tell Jack, Rocknroll or other that make similar comments, not to get angry. Why is that I wonder?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:09 am
But you know why the pirates

But you know why the pirates attacked an American flagged ship the other day. Very interesting that your soothsaying ability is limited to a week at a time.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:10 am
I worked in a military

I worked in a military facility and saw a man expose himself to a child. I reported it to the MP SGT. The response I got was- a laugh and an snicker-"can you indentify the offending object? This was only 2 years ago.
On the other hand my best friends husband is a MP of the highest quality that never points out on a daily basis he is a MP.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:11 am
I will gladly tell them as

I will gladly tell them as well. I was actually trying to encourage you not to be bullied but to defend your position. What fun is it to debate if one side just folds up like a cheap tent and starts crying?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:14 am
dead horse mean anything

dead horse mean anything around here?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:16 am
bellm - Hey, it was related

bellm - Hey, it was related to the pirates. G'mornin to ya! At least we aren't quibbling about eyeliner.....LOL

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:16 am
bellim....you're right. I

bellim....you're right. I apologize.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:18 am
bell and your point is? If

bell and your point is? If you can read I was responding to a question. Again your cheerleading skirt is a little short.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:19 am
Again, just for curiosity,

Again, just for curiosity, what is a 98G?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:21 am
Then arent my panties pretty?

Then arent my panties pretty?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:22 am
Hypo - You are a trained

Hypo - You are a trained investigator sitting at an online computer - find it. I'm certainly not going to post it. I don't have to brag.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:23 am
You have to ask jack and

You have to ask jack and rocknroll. That's not my thing, but as they say " beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and I damn sure am not looking.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:24 am
I have noticed you get

I have noticed you get somewhat nasty when things dont go your way- kind of like my boys. They are in elementary school- your reason?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:25 am
It's not a matter of

It's not a matter of bragging. Just forget it. I thought we were engaged in a discussion?

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:25 am
and momma takes care of them

and momma takes care of them real quick

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:26 am
I think the best thing I can

I think the best thing I can do is not address you. I look forward to seeing your name added to TU's list of greeting. Enjoy.

Irish
Irish 04/15/09 - 08:26 am
It's getting more and more

It's getting more and more difficult for O'bamanites to keep the faith. I see their efforts to continue the "hope" but it is a thin veil. Keep up the denial guys. It's a source of great entertainment. Your guy "Howdy Doody" is a real comedian....He even let Ted Kennedy pick out his dog....real CIC there

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:26 am
I can have a discussion

I can have a discussion without the cheerleading comments and so on- that was my point

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:27 am
Hypo - Heck, even Rose could

Hypo - Heck, even Rose could find it in less than 30 secs......you get an F-minus.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:29 am
being called on stuff sucks

being called on stuff sucks

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:33 am
bellim you tried and PTHS and

bellim you tried and PTHS and I both offered to back off and make light of it. Some folks just can't stop their nasty little tantrums.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:38 am
Well, I for one knew that it

Well, I for one knew that it pretty much was hopeless because yesterday he he said something about "the angry black man" talking to me and I knew it was going to go no where but down from there.

anotherday
anotherday 04/15/09 - 08:40 am
On the bright side he is not

On the bright side he is not going to speak to me anymore! Do you think he can stick to it? Not

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:42 am
bellm - Tell me your secret!

bellm - Tell me your secret! lol Watch this next post from one of Obama's mentors - it might get him to come back, even RCR.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 04/15/09 - 08:44 am
To the red sports car ranter.

To the red sports car ranter. You took a big chance wanting to "confront" someone, especially on the Southside. Best just get a tag number and drive away. Many people have been killed doing what you wanted to do.

Census: Augusta young adults struggling

A new report shows that young adults in the area today are better educated and on average, earn more money than 30 years ago, but are far more likely to be unemployed, unmarried and living with ...