Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS RAVE is for Butch Palmer. Mr. Palmer's message about cleaning up Harrisburg is working. Slowly but surely, Harrisburg's population is becoming more upwardly mobile. Keep it up, Mr. Palmer.You symbolize the mighty bastion of decency in Harrisburg.Thank you for setting proper community standards.

THIS IS TO the person in the little red sporty car. You ran the red light because you were not paying attention and obviously speeding. To keep from hitting me, you went into oncoming traffic and ended up in the parking lot of Wachovia bank on Peach Orchard Road. I pulled behind you and got your tag number, and when I pulled alongside you to confront you, you wouldn't even look at me. You could have hurt very badly or killed a lot of people with your careless driving.

I FEEL BAD for the truck driver killed recently on I-20. Readers need to understand that though some trucks can run fast, the majority are governed (most at 65 mph or less). We also have brakes on all wheels, but that doesn't mean we can stop 80,000 pounds on a dime.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department, all the emergency service personel, the employees of SCE&G and all the volunteers all over our area for a job well done during and after the tornado on Friday. Thank you all.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsburg has gone bonkers. She insists that the U.S. court can make its decisions based on laws from foreign countries. Clearly, even Alabama doesn't base its court's decisions on Georgia laws, or vice versa. So how can this U.S. judge believe such nonsense?

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000 to do an "assessment" on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. The lake is a giant water puddle. Giant water puddles have existed ever since water. The country is broke, but the Corps wants to spend more. Doesn't the Corps of Engineers already get paychecks and have operating money from our taxes? Why does it claim to need more?

THE RANTER who said our current commander-in-chief was too much of a wimp to handle the Somali pirates sure made a fool of himself. Our new president will authorize the use of force only when needed, unlike our previous president and his cohorts, who were loose cannons.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 08:20 pm
"Please please please. Quite

"Please please please. Quite begging. Please tell us..... I make a comment and you people want to dissect it. Dang. Get a life. Posted by Rose, "Quiet begging??? What is that??? I that when I sit on a street corner and whisper that I need money???? Spell chech is a wonderful thing................ Good to see the purple kid didn't inhibit today's wonderful conversation........

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/15/09 - 08:23 pm
The dogs work hard? I've

The dogs work hard? I've seen, first hand, the sheep shearing. It's tough. The dogs do an awesome job, but the shearers have to WORK.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/15/09 - 08:28 pm
mom, you're hilarious.

mom, you're hilarious.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 04/15/09 - 08:33 pm
Just got told to call it a

Just got told to call it a night, gotta give the REAL KK her due. Nighters dudes, dudettes.

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 08:34 pm
momo go play in the street.

momo go play in the street.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 08:41 pm
Rose I did and I picked up

Rose I did and I picked up your mangled brain. A dictionary costs all of a $1.50 in the pocket version. If you can't be intelligent at the very least be literate....................

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 08:42 pm
I had a strange thing happen

I had a strange thing happen to me this past Sunday.I invited a neighbor to come to church with us and he said OK he showed up 1 hour early.He ain't all there but he was polite so we brought him.We get up to go up front and my mother inlaw notices a picture of a man in his baby suit fall out of this guys bible she puts it in my wifes purse because it startled her.I'm taking him home and my wife calls me and tells me what happened.I know he realizes he droped the picture but he doesn't know where I had previosly agreed to mow his grass but that's off now.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 08:44 pm
do any of you above the

do any of you above the average iq individuals have any advice.I'll be back on in 30n min

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/15/09 - 08:54 pm
fiddy-who has the picture

fiddy-who has the picture now? If your wife still has it, I'd take it to him myself and tell him not to bother coming around anymore and to stay the HELL away from my young-uns (if you have any!). And I'd keep a close eye on him! Best I can say to do...on this forum. lol (': (Wouldn't hurt to go packin' if you have a concealed weapons permit either...and I'd make sure he KNEW you had it! lol.) Can anyone tell me why this should NOT be reported even? Let the cops handle it?

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 08:55 pm
buck --- My advice is this,

buck --- My advice is this, enjoy life, love often and freely, forgive as much as you love, rejoice in the day that has been given us and never let those who tend to pi$$ us off succeed. This is my recipie for happiness.........I just love baiting and fishing here, it never ceases to amaze me how many people ger so perturbed buy what is posted. I enjoy my time here reading and replying, but to me it is all in fun.........Have a great nigh all, and remember we have but one life and if you live to be 1 or 150 the best way to live it is in laughter...........................

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/15/09 - 09:01 pm
Bush and Cheney are both gone

Bush and Cheney are both gone why do the liberals continue to talk about them. Its a smoke screen for their own evils of socialism. Hitler blamed the Jews the Liberals blame the white gun toting freedom loving individuals, because we are the threat to their control

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 09:03 pm
hello

hello

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 09:04 pm
buckfiddy I would confront

buckfiddy I would confront him with the picture. He might have dropped it on purpose. He is not to be trusted, especially around who we talked about last night.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 09:05 pm
bush and obama are one in the

bush and obama are one in the same they each want to take away rights.

buckfiddy
buckfiddy 04/15/09 - 09:08 pm
They are both puppets of the

They are both puppets of the Illuminati.

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 09:08 pm
buckfiddy I heard that

buckfiddy I heard that someone talked you into taking 3 little kids someonewhere yesterday. I know you had a blast!

KSL
KSL 04/15/09 - 09:17 pm
Rose, you had to hear it from

Rose, you had to hear it from someone other than your son?

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 09:21 pm
Hear what?

Hear what?

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 09:24 pm
If you are talking about the

If you are talking about the 3 kids, he knows who told me.

Rose
Rose 04/15/09 - 09:26 pm
He is smart enough to figure

He is smart enough to figure it out. we laugh and laughed imagining him at that place taking care of 3 little kids.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/15/09 - 09:28 pm
Bush is powerless just as

Bush is powerless just as Barry will be in 4 years

chey
chey 04/15/09 - 09:31 pm
sueboo418... your posts of

sueboo418... your posts of "stopping negativity" are so negative. You should go take a Midol and get some sleep.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/15/09 - 10:57 pm
1. Is it good if a vacuum

1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?

4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

poison ivey
poison ivey 04/15/09 - 11:26 pm
oook-------time to give er a

oook-------time to give er a rest there with the jokies and all kid

Rose