Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS RAVE is for Butch Palmer. Mr. Palmer's message about cleaning up Harrisburg is working. Slowly but surely, Harrisburg's population is becoming more upwardly mobile. Keep it up, Mr. Palmer.You symbolize the mighty bastion of decency in Harrisburg.Thank you for setting proper community standards.

THIS IS TO the person in the little red sporty car. You ran the red light because you were not paying attention and obviously speeding. To keep from hitting me, you went into oncoming traffic and ended up in the parking lot of Wachovia bank on Peach Orchard Road. I pulled behind you and got your tag number, and when I pulled alongside you to confront you, you wouldn't even look at me. You could have hurt very badly or killed a lot of people with your careless driving.

I FEEL BAD for the truck driver killed recently on I-20. Readers need to understand that though some trucks can run fast, the majority are governed (most at 65 mph or less). We also have brakes on all wheels, but that doesn't mean we can stop 80,000 pounds on a dime.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department, all the emergency service personel, the employees of SCE&G and all the volunteers all over our area for a job well done during and after the tornado on Friday. Thank you all.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsburg has gone bonkers. She insists that the U.S. court can make its decisions based on laws from foreign countries. Clearly, even Alabama doesn't base its court's decisions on Georgia laws, or vice versa. So how can this U.S. judge believe such nonsense?

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000 to do an "assessment" on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. The lake is a giant water puddle. Giant water puddles have existed ever since water. The country is broke, but the Corps wants to spend more. Doesn't the Corps of Engineers already get paychecks and have operating money from our taxes? Why does it claim to need more?

THE RANTER who said our current commander-in-chief was too much of a wimp to handle the Somali pirates sure made a fool of himself. Our new president will authorize the use of force only when needed, unlike our previous president and his cohorts, who were loose cannons.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 07:12 am
mom3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -

mom3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Dagnabbit! Now you got that song stuck in my noggin'. Are you trying to generate new clients?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 07:31 am
PTHS your appointment is at

PTHS your appointment is at 9:30, I said it was an emergency!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 07:49 am
CBBP...I'm sorry man...I

CBBP...I'm sorry man...I don't know where you went or what you did last nite but...I saw Rose at the Waffle House on Washington Road smoking a cigarette with a big satisfied smile on her face about 5 am this morning.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 07:49 am
I remember now. They just

I remember now. They just started this around January 20th of this year. Before then, you could sail the seven seas with no risk of pirates. What a bunch of B.S.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 07:59 am
Hypo - I agree with you that

Hypo - I agree with you that piracy is not a recent development. Taking over an American flagged ship and taking an American hostage IS a new development following our inaction on North Korea's latest adventures. I'm sure it's just coincidence......

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:06 am
If I'm not mistaken, the last

If I'm not mistaken, the last US ship captured by pirates was during the war of 1812

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:07 am
I'm not sure what year that

I'm not sure what year that was

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/15/09 - 08:12 am
HYPO - they hadn't pirated a

HYPO - they hadn't pirated a US ship until after Obama became President. They didn't have the guts.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:17 am
So they are less afraid of

So they are less afraid of Obama then either Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Rosevelt, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Wilson, Taft, Rosevelt, McKinley, Cleveland, Harrison........

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:20 am
Yeah, I know just like Iran

Yeah, I know just like Iran was afraid of Regan and released the hostages, the pirates waited until Obama was in office, to take an American flagged ship. Do you all really believe this B.S.?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:25 am
Hypo...I do believe that Iran

Hypo...I do believe that Iran released the hostages because of their fear of what a new president might do. I don't believe the Somalis did anything more than take a pot shot at what ever boat rode by. These guys aren't even organized, educated or aware. I will bet however, that 3 out of those 4 won't take any additional US ships. I do credit Obama for that.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:26 am
Hypo - Yes, I believe it.

Hypo - Yes, I believe it.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:32 am
I was not and I am not afraid

I was not and I am not afraid of any of them. I guess Japan waited until Roosevelt was President to attack Pearl Harbor?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:34 am
Well, I guess you believe in

Well, I guess you believe in the tooth fairy and Puff the magic dragon too?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:39 am
I do......

I do......

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/15/09 - 08:40 am
All I know is that the

All I know is that the Somali's have been pirating ships a long time and did not touch a single US flagged ship until after Obama became POTUS.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/15/09 - 08:42 am
And yes I believe that Iran

And yes I believe that Iran only released the hostages because Reagan became President. He had a reputation of being a "hawk" before he took office.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:43 am
Hypo - It might have

Hypo - It might have something to do with 2 decades as a 98G in the Middle East. Why don't you use your 95B skills and investigate it? Make sure you search my car for a baggie of weed in the glove compartment too. I know you were trained to do that.......clown toy.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/15/09 - 08:44 am
Puff the magic dragon never

Puff the magic dragon never inhaled

I4PUTT

I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:47 am
Ahh mannnnnn...I didn't toot

Ahh mannnnnn...I didn't toot

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:47 am
Yes, Military Policemen are

Yes, Military Policemen are clowns. We all sit back in our comfortable sedans. Never seeing combat duty and just wave like greeters at walmart. What an uniformed idiot you are.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:49 am
Hypo - Which were you? An

Hypo - Which were you? An investigator or part of the police force? You had a problem with that a cuple of days ago after your "We are not policemen" declaration.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/15/09 - 08:54 am
Actually PTHS, I always

Actually PTHS, I always thought the MP's were pretty smart. They always sent 10 or 12 of them to remove 2 of us for being drunk.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 08:56 am
PUTT - LOL! No kidding, huh?

PUTT - LOL! No kidding, huh? That's how I know it takes an "investigator" to search my car for the non-existant baggie. I wasn't talking about all of them, just this one short-timer Obamoron in particular who has no grasp of international relations.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 08:58 am
Let me try to educate you all

Let me try to educate you all again. You do not enlist as a Military Police Investigator. You have to 1st be a Military Policeman. Then you are chosen or apply to become a Military Police Investigator. My Primary MOS was 95B, after several years I then became a 95B/V5. Military police Investigator. However you are still primarily a 95B where you can be placed back in time of need. I know you all would love to try to undermine what I am saying, but first look up the combat role of a Military Policeman, before you attempt to refute me. Also I cannot tell you about communication. I believe that is what a 98G is. Correct me if I am wrong.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 09:01 am
Hypo - I think you need some

Hypo - I think you need some more investigation on 98G. Also note that the AIT/tech school is more than 2 years and comes with an Associate's Degree.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 09:01 am
I guess you have the same

I guess you have the same level of disrespect for local law enforcement, because I am willing to bet that on average nation wide about 60% are former military police. I do not expect anything less from those on here, so it is not surprising.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/15/09 - 09:03 am
I really do not care what a

I really do not care what a 98G is. I asked you a question where I admitted that I did not know what it is. Do you know what every MOS is ? If so, then good for you.