Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS RAVE is for Butch Palmer. Mr. Palmer's message about cleaning up Harrisburg is working. Slowly but surely, Harrisburg's population is becoming more upwardly mobile. Keep it up, Mr. Palmer.You symbolize the mighty bastion of decency in Harrisburg.Thank you for setting proper community standards.

THIS IS TO the person in the little red sporty car. You ran the red light because you were not paying attention and obviously speeding. To keep from hitting me, you went into oncoming traffic and ended up in the parking lot of Wachovia bank on Peach Orchard Road. I pulled behind you and got your tag number, and when I pulled alongside you to confront you, you wouldn't even look at me. You could have hurt very badly or killed a lot of people with your careless driving.

I FEEL BAD for the truck driver killed recently on I-20. Readers need to understand that though some trucks can run fast, the majority are governed (most at 65 mph or less). We also have brakes on all wheels, but that doesn't mean we can stop 80,000 pounds on a dime.

THIS IS A GREAT BIG rave for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department, all the emergency service personel, the employees of SCE&G and all the volunteers all over our area for a job well done during and after the tornado on Friday. Thank you all.

SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ruth Bader Ginsburg has gone bonkers. She insists that the U.S. court can make its decisions based on laws from foreign countries. Clearly, even Alabama doesn't base its court's decisions on Georgia laws, or vice versa. So how can this U.S. judge believe such nonsense?

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000 to do an "assessment" on Lake Thurmond/Clarks Hill. The lake is a giant water puddle. Giant water puddles have existed ever since water. The country is broke, but the Corps wants to spend more. Doesn't the Corps of Engineers already get paychecks and have operating money from our taxes? Why does it claim to need more?

THE RANTER who said our current commander-in-chief was too much of a wimp to handle the Somali pirates sure made a fool of himself. Our new president will authorize the use of force only when needed, unlike our previous president and his cohorts, who were loose cannons.

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 04/15/09 - 12:29 am
Good morning all

Good morning all

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/15/09 - 12:58 am
Morning Nammy and Tujeez and

Morning Nammy and Tujeez and ONLY THE TRUTH...Everybody have a great day !!!

Onthebeach
Onthebeach 04/15/09 - 02:32 am
Good Morning all.....Have a

Good Morning all.....Have a great day!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 03:20 am
On this date in history: In

On this date in history: In 1861, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln sent Congress a message recognizing a state of war with the Southern states and calling for 75,000 volunteer soldiers. - In 1865, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln died of an assassin's bullet. Vice President Andrew Johnson was sworn in as chief executive. -- I certainly hope President Obama paid attention during history class. G'mornin, Nammy!, RnR, and all y'all! Carpe diem!

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/15/09 - 05:00 am
morning all

morning all

msgret92
msgret92 04/15/09 - 05:24 am
THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says

THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS says it'll need $20,000......
You need to re read the article, it's the CC Gestapo with their tax & spend policy that is requesting the changes, the corps is just telling them what it will cost up front for environmental impact.

Chad
Chad 04/15/09 - 05:34 am
Hooray its here tax day, I"m

Hooray its here tax day, I"m sure obama and his klan are smilling all the way to the bank, cause lord knows they don't pay taxes.

constituent
constituent 04/15/09 - 05:36 am
After former Vice President

After former Vice President Dick Cheneye made a statement that President Obama has made American less safer;Dick Cheneye has taken a role as the Somali Pirates.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 05:36 am
I don't mind paying my CC

I don't mind paying my CC taxes to make sure we don't end up like A/RC. I enjoy nice, safe places to go with friends and family.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:36 am
Ok, I've got one eye open,

Ok, I've got one eye open, shaved only the left side of my face, my socks are on upside down and when I sneezed a feather flew out of my nose. Did anyone see me last nite and if you did, did I embarrass myself?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/15/09 - 05:37 am
He took out 3 pirates and 4

He took out 3 pirates and 4 more ships were taken over by pirates on Tuesday. He saved an American live and the Navy Seals did their Job, but what is he going to do to fix this? I think he was to aid to Somalia hoping the pirates will just go away.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 05:39 am
CBBP - You wuz the star of

CBBP - You wuz the star of the show! You got the lyrics perfect! However, next time you might want to put on the correct music track associated with that particular song.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:39 am
He's waiting to sit down with

He's waiting to sit down with them over tea and krumpets and apologize!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:39 am
OK PTHS I'll remember that,

OK PTHS I'll remember that, but how did this chocolate syrup get in my hair?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:41 am
When I woke up this morning

When I woke up this morning there was a chicken and a weedeater in my bedroom and the ceiling fan has 2 bungee cords hanging from it!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:42 am
I wouldn't have minded too

I wouldn't have minded too much but all the crowing woke me up!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 05:42 am
CBBP - Did you stop for a

CBBP - Did you stop for a sundae at Waffle House on the way home? I know you are banned from IHOP.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 05:48 am
Someone must have, I just

Someone must have, I just found a Waffle House cup and a police report!

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/15/09 - 05:52 am
it wasnt me this time

it wasnt me this time

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 05:52 am
Remember who was President

Remember who was President last time we got our behinds kicked in Somalia because we were not allowed to use all our resources? He vowed at that time that the USA would "never send troops there again for any kind of action unless US interests were directly threatened". That sure scared them into being model world citizens, huh? They keep saying it's difficult to tell friend from foe there. I disagree, the warlords and pirates control food supplies. The solution is to shoot all the healthy looking or chunky ones..

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 04/15/09 - 05:54 am
Milton, "He" didn't take out

Milton, "He" didn't take out anything, except maybe his new dog. O does not deserve any praise.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 05:55 am
Morning all, CBBP sounds like

Morning all, CBBP sounds like you had a great night, wish you could remember it.....LOL Morning all, anyone else finding that their posts are just plain disappearing? No removed for contenet or anything just gone, sucked into the AC triangle? Just wondering.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 05:56 am
OK I gotta ask, is it just me

OK I gotta ask, is it just me feeling CBBP's morning after for him or is the kid of the day purple????

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 05:58 am
mom3 - Unless you have let

mom3 - Unless you have let AnGie near your computer, that shouldn't happen. I haven't noticed any problems like that lately. Sometimes posts will end up on different pages due to "sombody" deleting their own posts.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 06:00 am
Hmmm very interesting. Does

Hmmm very interesting. Does AnGie think we won't recognize her if she puts a capital letter in the middle of her name??? LOL

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/15/09 - 06:03 am
mom, you are right, that is

mom, you are right, that is one purple kid there

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/15/09 - 06:03 am
mom3 - You are the woman - I

mom3 - You are the woman - I don't even pretend to begin to understand......

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/15/09 - 06:07 am
Thanks mom, I thought I was

Thanks mom, I thought I was worse off than I am. Never seen a purple kid till now. Would they have to check the Crayola-American box on an application?

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 06:08 am
She blushes, and bows out for

She blushes, and bows out for the day. Mental health is busy in a recession and I got to get to work. Have a good day all.

momofthree
momofthree 04/15/09 - 06:10 am
OK I needed that laugh CBBP,

OK I needed that laugh CBBP, I thought it was the spawn of Barney the Dinosaur.......