Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT about child support enforcement. The deadbeat dads are not being made to do what they are supposed to. The judges say miss a payment and you get 30 days, and it's not being enforced. What are we to do?

BUSH HAD his Iraq war. Obama's got his Afghanistan. Give it a couple years and you won't know the difference. Nobody's ever won in Afghanistan, going all the way back to Alexander the Great. Ask the Russians.

THIS IS FOR the person who questioned President Obama saluting a Marine guard before boarding a helicopter. Doesn't he realize that a president is commander-in-chief of the armed forces and it is protocol? Where has he been with all the presidents in the past? I can't believe it.

A BIG RAVE to President Obama for cleaning up eight years of mess. He has done more in 80 days than Bush did in eight years. That's what happens when intelligent people run the nation.

RANT TO ALL the thieves in Augusta. I was at work and you broke into my truck and attempted to steal my radio until my alarm went off. You damaged my truck to the tune of $150 and achieved nothing. Because of you I have purchased a gun. Please come and see me again.

HEADLINE: 'OBAMA maintains control over banks by refusing to accept repayment of TARP money.' How can Obama not accept repayment of those loans? There might be a penalty for early repayment, but not no repayment.

THIS IS A RANT to the lady driver with a child in her car driving while she was texting! You were running all over the road and could have wrecked and killed not only your child but someone else.

RANTS: LUMPKIN ROAD from Butler High School past the Richmond Hill Road intersection. The lines in the road are almost invisible. When are they going reline the road?

SMOKERS OF THE WORLD unite. We've got to guarantee we've got enough votes behind us to start voting some of these representatives and congressmen out of office. We got to do this now.

THIS IS A RAVE for Augusta, Ga., my hometown. I have traveled the Southeast delivering a hometown barbecue sauce for over 10 years and have experienced different cities and towns, and I'm always proud to say that Augusta, Ga., is my hometown. I've also lived here for over 50 years and I wouldn't live in a mansion anywhere else.

WHAT IS UP with having to pay a local job agency $185 to find you a job? I think there is something wrong with having to pay to get a job. Times are hard. Who has $185 when you don't have a job?

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/09/09 - 11:23 pm
Good mornin' Tujeez,

Good mornin' Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and ya'll! Have a great Friday! w00t! (':

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/10/09 - 01:04 am
Garbled G'mornin, Nammy!

Garbled G'mornin, Nammy!

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 04/10/09 - 01:06 am
Since when has a President of

Since when has a President of the United States ever bowed and kissed the hand of ANY king?

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/10/09 - 01:33 am
Rip Van Wizzadx - Have you

Rip Van Wizzadx - Have you been asleep again? That topic has been beaten to death on the boards over the past few days.

pops1
pops1 04/10/09 - 02:48 am
i agree about paying an

i agree about paying an agency. besides that, they do nothing for you but take your money. they should move out of georgia. there are other places to go to assist you in finding a job without having to pay out of pocket expenses. this is a get rich quick scheme for a slick agency. (or so they think)

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 04/10/09 - 03:04 am
To the nitwit who said Obama

To the nitwit who said Obama (one bad a.. mistake America) has done more in 80 days than Bush did in 8 yrs; you're right, he's bankrupt America. You ain't seen nothing yet..........

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/10/09 - 03:20 am
Well, I must agree that Pres

Well, I must agree that Pres Obama has done more to mess things up in 80 days than Pres Bush did in 8 years. I'm impressed! G'mornin, all y'all! Good Friday Blessings! Take your umbrellas and 1-irons to The Course™ just in case. "Hey y'all, watch this!" w00t! #7

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/10/09 - 03:58 am
I think the screen name Alex

I think the screen name Alex Forrest is probably available. You might consider it. G'mornin

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/10/09 - 04:23 am
morning all

morning all

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 04:45 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll stay safe today...

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 04:47 am
Our very own laughing stock

Our very own laughing stock of the entire world, dear ole' Pres. O, has not even begun to embarrass and or clean up anything as far as I am concerned...:-)

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 05:13 am
:-) A very good morning

:-) A very good morning PTHS...

JENASIX
JENASIX 04/10/09 - 05:45 am
To the custodian parents who

To the custodian parents who complained about deadbeat dads go get a job what can you do with $30 dollars a week after child supports agency deduct their fees and the state of Georgia get their percentage from when you received welfare.Its a waste of time unless you receive child support from a jurist,doctor or a lawyer.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/10/09 - 05:48 am
JENASIX - It's even "better"

JENASIX - It's even "better" if you have them incarcerated making 13-cents an hour.

SC88fan
SC88fan 04/10/09 - 06:22 am
in ref, to 1st rant about

in ref, to 1st rant about deadbeat dads. Its not only them, its also deadbeat moms. We are in situation where deadbeat mom is behind in support pymts. and here we sit waiting on them to do something.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/10/09 - 06:22 am
If Obama is the laughing

If Obama is the laughing stock of the entire world, what in the hell was Bush? Save your " Bush is not President".

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 04/10/09 - 06:28 am
Ahh, Jena- you get it! If

Ahh, Jena- you get it! If someone gets a welfare (TANF) check, then the noncustodial parent owes that money back to the state. That's the way it should be.

sgachief
sgachief 04/10/09 - 06:33 am
obama is a dictator wannabe

obama is a dictator wannabe and with his stupid house and senate "leadership" he may get it.

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 06:46 am
Obama is even the laughing

Obama is even the laughing stock around the media water coolers Hypo...He may be President but I declare that right here and now the worst of our Presidents since the birth of this young nation has not seen such as this man...Ever...But to be fair most of his decisions are made for him by the ever present Clinton and Pelosi...Now does that cool you down just a tad Hypo...:-) Hope so...

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 06:47 am
Don't believe I mentioned

Don't believe I mentioned Bush Hypo just the mock President now residing in the White House...

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/10/09 - 07:11 am
pseudo President barry is

pseudo President barry is without a doubt one of the most dispicable excuses for a leader that we have ever had...he makes jimmy carter look good!....Even President Bush comes out looking stronger and powerful than this azz kiss bowing spineless anti-American sycophant.....I'm surprised he didn't "give " meeechele to the saudi king for a nights pleasure (or maybe he did)..she could have belly danced for them all.We need to rid our Country of this pestilence.

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/10/09 - 07:14 am
And now I am off to watch

And now I am off to watch some Golf...ya'lll all have a great day !!! (and for those..and you know who you are...have a "blessed" day )

lisaperry491
lisaperry491 04/10/09 - 07:33 am
Stump, PTHS and and the

Stump, PTHS and and the rest........... you are all so right. We haven't begun to see the worst of this nightmare yet. We still have over 3 1/2 years to go! I don't even want to think about it! Doesn't Europes example of socialism scream "DON'T DO IT!!!"? We're doomed at least untill 2012.

But yes , take solace hypo, he is a Clinton puppet.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/10/09 - 07:38 am
Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 T & T

Good Mawnin Disgusta ^5 T & T happy good friday

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/10/09 - 08:27 am
slooooooooow mornin i see

slooooooooow mornin i see

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/10/09 - 08:27 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Bunch, Glowndarktatas, Nammy!, PTHS, The Interrogator, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner and 44mag! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/10/09 - 08:31 am
The rain just began here in

The rain just began here in Barrow County. If you're headed to the tournament, take an umbrella.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/10/09 - 08:32 am
Ah Duke, it's what you make

Ah Duke, it's what you make it. It's cracking up to be a beautiful day. I'm here 'til the FIL gets here to go fishing, then I'm gone baby gone. I've been waiting on today for two weeks. I'll be back Sunday Afternoon with a fishing report.

christian134
christian134 04/10/09 - 08:34 am
Good morning Tu...

Good morning Tu...

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 04/10/09 - 08:47 am
This is to the person Ranting

This is to the person Ranting about the women driving with her child in her lap and texting, I hope you called the police or at least took her tag number to report her. Talk is cheap! Next time take some action!