Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

I RECEIVED the $60 stimulus bonus in my check this month. My question is, "Were my taxes actually lowered by $60 a month, or will I be expected to pay back the $600 next April?" Knowing Democrats as I do, I'm sure Barack and his cronies are going to want it back with interest.

WE SHOULD CHANGE Tubman Middle School into a school for children who actually want to learn and do not require all of the disciplinary enforcement. Richmond County is cheating our good kids by forcing them to school with hardcore knuckleheads.

CORPORATE TAXES should be lowered. Corporate taxes are, in fact, double taxation. The corporation pays taxes, then sends dividends to share holders who have to pay again; thus the corporation, i.e., the owners, pay twice. Only government could have invented that con job.

GOVERNMENT HAS never run big organizations well. In fact it only runs things into the ground. Even though we used to win wars, until the Korean War, we generally did fairly well with the military; but we won those wars because our military screwed up less than our enemies. Now another terrific example of government run orgs pops up. The Social Security system is "clogged with hundreds of thousands of disputed disability claims, a backlog so big that some people wait years for a hearing."

TO THE NORTH AUGUSTA resident driving Broad Street from 13th Street to Milledge Road: You are so right! It needed repaving much more than Washington Road. Washington Road had no potholes. Broad Street is a disgrace! I just don't understand it.

HUGE RANT to Richmond County. Last time I checked, Wrightsboro Road was in far worse shape than Washington Road. Why is Wrightsboro not getting repaved? I hydroplaned from North Leg to Highland.

THE LAW STATES that when it is raining, headlights must be turned on. You who are driving without headlights may think you look cool, but you are waiting to cause an accident because you cannot be seen through the rain and mist. Also, turn signals are not defective lights that blink; they are there to warn other drivers of your intent to turn or change lanes.

HEADLINE: "(SC) Educators (and parents) slam bailout stance (by Sanford)." Sadly, this shows the ignorance of a lot of teachers and parents, since while they say Sanford must take federal dollars as a "bailout" they are also telling him to hand over control of their students and children to the federal government.

PRESIDENT OBAMA hasn't been in office for six months yet. Give the man a break. Three months is hardly enough time to turn the economy around.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 04/06/09 - 11:43 pm
Good morning to every person

Good morning to every person who has ever written but one line on this site. That should take care of it for today - yes?
Happy Tuesday.

dani
dani 04/06/09 - 11:47 pm
If Knology doesn't televise

If Knology doesn't televise the Atlanta Braves game tonight I guess we will be switching to Comcast.

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/07/09 - 12:15 am
Good mornin' Tujeez,

Good mornin' Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and all ya'll. WooT/tatas! Have a great day! w00t! (':

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/07/09 - 01:20 am
I disagree with the last

I disagree with the last ranter. He has managed to turn an economy around in only 3 months. You'll have to decide which way he turned it. G'mornin, booger and all y'all. w00t! It's that time in Buenos Aires!

NANF
NANF 04/07/09 - 01:46 am
To Obama America is one

To Obama America is one gigantic milk shake. He's sucking it dry and enjoying every minute. Working people are toys to him and he will play around with their lives as he chooses. He wooed the masses for the vote and then bailed out the big guys to pay his political promises . Bailed them out but they still closed up shop. Jobs gone anyway. Who ever said he's turning America around for the good is as blind as the media that thinks M. Obama is fashion icon.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/07/09 - 03:04 am
404 - Page not found

404 - Page not found

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/07/09 - 03:06 am
And # 7 to b00t! w00t! lol

And # 7 to b00t! w00t! lol

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/07/09 - 03:20 am
w00t! Just in time! I hope

w00t! Just in time! I hope everybody enjoyed the Mayor's Masters' Reception last night. Let's all be great hosts and ambassadors of Southern hospitality this week. Rock Fore Dough is tonight!!! Shawn Mullins with Pat Blanchard Jr and the rest of the band is some of the greatest music you'll ever get to enjoy.

3headedbeast
3headedbeast 04/07/09 - 03:53 am
I am still waiting for the

I am still waiting for the Obama administration to eradicate former President Bush's No Child Left Behind federal law,President Obama need to take a keen interest at this issue that have affect nation's students. To all you moron and rebels who defended Gov. Mark Sanford publicity stunt not to accept stimulus money you need to send your kids to school in Canada.

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/07/09 - 04:40 am
eh, I think they're waiting

eh, I think they're waiting to resurface broad street until the riverwatch parkway / st. sebastian's connector is done.
won't mind if they do it early, i've had several wipeouts on the bike coz of potholes

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/07/09 - 04:55 am
Morning ~booger~ , Tujeez and

Morning ~booger~ , Tujeez and PTHS And everyone else have a good day !!!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/07/09 - 04:59 am
er, wOOt !

er, wOOt !

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/07/09 - 05:09 am
morning all

morning all

mad_max
mad_max 04/07/09 - 05:21 am
When the Federal money in

When the Federal money in this stimulus package runs out, you SC taxpayers will see that Gov. Sanford was right. The programs mandated by this stimulus will cause huge state tax increases in a few years when the Feds money is spent and wasted on knee jerk projects and programs. Just remember, the Federal government never pays for any program be it school, welfare, or whatever. They only provide a few years of seed money and when everyone is addicted, they cut off funding and the state taxpayers have to pick up the bill.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/07/09 - 05:41 am
What he said! w00t

What he said! w00t

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/07/09 - 05:56 am
sha la la la la la la live

sha la la la la la la live for today and don't worry about tomorrow hey hey hey max

Hoss4
Hoss4 04/07/09 - 06:35 am
I wonder if Barry will ever

I wonder if Barry will ever stop apoligizing for the US and telling everyone hes not George Bush. Not only that, he's saying sorry to the Native Americans and bringing up african american hardships. Like a typical DIm, he feels more compfortable talking about the past.

corgimom
corgimom 04/07/09 - 06:36 am
Morning, y'all, esp Tujeez.

Morning, y'all, esp Tujeez.

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/07/09 - 06:42 am
barry is an empty headed

barry is an empty headed puppet...Americans do not need that babbling moron to apologize for anything...ridding our Country of this demented wannabe dictator should be every Americans concern..........................................

STONEWALLJ1
STONEWALLJ1 04/07/09 - 06:49 am
obamamoron really knows how

obamamoron really knows how to suck, and plead, does he not? Rose, what do you think of your prezbo's sucking job?

gnumbgnuts
gnumbgnuts 04/07/09 - 06:53 am
3hb, Back to school demon!

3hb, Back to school demon!

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/07/09 - 07:00 am
Anyone ever notice the

Anyone ever notice the defenders of Obowelmovement do not appear on these boards until late morning? Are they sleeping or are they using workplace computers? Enquiring minds really don't give a poo.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/07/09 - 07:23 am
Have you heard the latest

Have you heard the latest Obama joke? Rules must be binding,” he said. “Violations must be punished. Words must mean something. That guy cracks me up.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/07/09 - 07:29 am
wb Putt! And it would be

wb Putt! And it would be funnier if it was merely a Comedy B-Movie and not "reality".

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/07/09 - 07:32 am
TY. Thank you very much. I

TY. Thank you very much. I can't recall. Did Obama address each country in their own language? If I recall, he was quick to point out how unsophisticated most Americans were when abroad.

TechLover
TechLover 04/07/09 - 07:35 am
Alfred: Do the Dems use

Alfred: Do the Dems use workplace computers? Usually you righties post that they all on welfare taking handouts. You can't have it both ways. BTW, my first post was at 0624 this AM.

TechLover
TechLover 04/07/09 - 07:37 am
To the first ranter. You

To the first ranter. You don't have to pay back the stimulus money. Try Google before you post.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/07/09 - 07:38 am
Good morning Tech, Everyone

Good morning Tech, Everyone who has a work place should be grateful right now. The politics of both parties for the last 20 years is making for a bumpy ride.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 04/07/09 - 07:40 am
To the first ranter. That

To the first ranter. That wont come close to covering the tax increases coming your way. Spend it wisely. Perhaps the stock market.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/07/09 - 07:41 am
I'm putting my money into the

I'm putting my money into the lottery, it has a better rate of return!