Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

A BIG RAVE for the employees of New Peking Restaurant on Washington Road. My mother fell coming out of there. This was after we had met some friends of ours for lunch. I wanted to thank them for helping with my mom, getting her a chair, calling the ambulance etc., and also thanks to the lady that was a nurse. Mom was checked out at the ER and is home resting. God bless all of you. Thanks.

IRAN'S GOVERNMENT kidnapped dozens of American diplomats and never even admitted doing wrong. Now Obama goes groveling to the same wacked-out government begging for talks. He even sent a special envoy to meet with one of the wackos in Holland. With such a conniving coward for a president, what can be in store for us except loss?

DO THE RESIDENTS of "upper Harrisburg" and "lower Summerville" both attend the Harrisburg West End Neighborhood Association meetings? One would think it prudent since they live across the street from each other.

MARYLAND LAWMAKERS want to change their historic official state song because it's no longer politically correct enough. They want to leave out "warlike" words. Every day our politically correct politicians tug us toward more inane stuff, and this laughable stuff clearly wants to leave history out of our history.

A RANTER SAYS anti-Obama Americans want the GOP back in power. Grow up, ranter. Any sensible American wants Bush and Obama, Republicans and Democrats out of the picture. Both big parties have proven they are in the same boat.

FREEDOM-HATING PEOPLE are spread among various American governments so that, little by little, they will enact absurd laws that will quietly set us up to be forced into a police state. Washington state has new laws making citizens criminals because they choose to drive out of state to buy dish-washing detergent. The government claims those detergents are dangerous for the environment.

THIS IS A RANT to West Hills subdivision residents with dogs: Do you not hear them barking at all hours, or are you ignorant or hard of hearing?

TO THE THIEVES who broke into my truck: I'm so disappointed that I have to work hard and all you do is steal. You couldn't take my radio but instead you take my camera and credit cards and use them. Why? All I want is my personal stuff back, without putting you in jail. Thanks to all the blood you left and fingerprints.

RANT ABOUT WATER IN Augusta: Two times I have dined out and noticed a "dirt" taste when I ordered water. I thought it was just me.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/06/09 - 08:49 am
The whole Iran mess started

The whole Iran mess started with Oil and can be traced back to the CIA

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/06/09 - 08:53 am
morris publications group has

morris publications group has to pony up and pay 9.7 million dollars in interest in a 400 million dollar loan by the end of the day. or get another extension. heh. maybe the chronicle might consider charging a few cents per posts in the rants and raves online section. would cut out alot of the idiotic chatter
Posted by dhd1108 on Mon Apr 6, 2009 7:57 AM ** Maybe we'll get lucky and Billy will cut his losses on this sorry town and close up shop entirely.

dhd1108
dhd1108 04/06/09 - 08:55 am
i have two neighbors behind

i have two neighbors behind me who have dogs, and every time i go in my back yard they just start yapping. its rediculous, i've even gone over there several times in the past few weeks to say hey to the neighbors and let the dogs know i'm not a "stranger", maybe they're barking at squirrels or something but its damn annoying when they're just yapping away and i'm trying to sleep. not as bad as the idiots playing the BOOM BOOM music as they drive by in their toyota cressidas or buick skylarks that are falling apart , but still, after a hard days work, i just want some peace and quiet. i cant wait for my bamboo fences to start growing. or for deafness to set in

christian134
christian134 04/06/09 - 08:58 am
So right so right Angie...:-)

So right so right Angie...:-)

EMAGUY
EMAGUY 04/06/09 - 09:13 am
iz8787: "I will discourage

iz8787: "I will discourage anyone or any business contemplating on utilizing Manpower's services". Really, are you in a position to influence business decisions such as this??

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/06/09 - 09:15 am
Good Morning Augusta!! Ok

Good Morning Augusta!! Ok Children, play nice now! Ya'll know we have company this week!

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/06/09 - 09:19 am
CBBP: All the local

CBBP: All the local Obobblehead supporters are committed to showing their ascots this week to further penalize those "rich bastards" who have the audacity to have achieved success and can travel at will and enjoy the fruits of their own efforts. The National is offering appeasement by selling "Sweet Jed Mug Shot T-shirts" at the gate.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 09:31 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Clique, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, PTHS, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2 , Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag and ~booger~! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

KSL
KSL 04/06/09 - 09:33 am
KSL is now The Interrogator.

KSL is now The Interrogator.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/06/09 - 09:38 am
Interrogator?? isnt that a

Interrogator?? isnt that a bit questionable?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/06/09 - 09:39 am
go full tilt and be

go full tilt and be Torquemada LOL

ITDoc
ITDoc 04/06/09 - 09:41 am
Will you be waterboarding?

Will you be waterboarding? Using sleep deprivation? Naah, all you have to do is use facts on this bunch, lol. "F-A-C-T-S is a four-letter word." ~ Joe Biden

christian134
christian134 04/06/09 - 09:41 am
A good morning to you

A good morning to you Tu...:-)

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 04/06/09 - 10:01 am
Well good morning everyone

Well good morning everyone just stepped outside and I am starting to think that Kansas wind has finally found us here in GA lol. I thought I got away from it guess not--damn kansas wind. Hope you guys enjoy the beautiful day that we have hopefully it will get warmer I am going to stay huddled inside my house and let my hubby baby me until he goes back to work from his leave lol can't use the cancer excuse anymore to be babied UMMMMMM what should I do now?? lol

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 04/06/09 - 10:05 am
Obama does not want the US to

Obama does not want the US to use the ( TERRORIST) instead use the phrase (MAN MADE DISASTER) Isn't that like putting lipstick on a pig? You can call a (Terrorist) what ever you choose. But it does not change the fact, They are still a (TERRIORIST) God help us, he's the only one at this time in our history that can. (MAN MADE DISASTER) I think we change this for the president. Instead of calling him President? How about calling him (A MAN MADE DISASTER) or ( The Man Who Made Our Life A Disaster by bailing out the RICH) Which one?

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 04/06/09 - 10:20 am
Tata's did ya find a new

Tata's did ya find a new screen name yet?? how about bornagaintatas, or tradedintatas, or even upgraded tatas

ITDoc

Lippy
Lippy 04/06/09 - 10:36 am
tatas - I'd say milk it,

tatas - I'd say milk it, but....that just doesn't sound right. LOL

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 10:41 am
Anyway you choose to do it

Anyway you choose to do it Tatas will be fine, just keep us abreast of the situation.

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/06/09 - 10:42 am
Howdy Lippy, G'day to ya!

Howdy Lippy, G'day to ya!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 10:43 am
Lippy, "speaking of

Lippy, "speaking of milk"....have your "twins" peaked yet or they still growing?

Lippy
Lippy 04/06/09 - 10:48 am
Both sets are still

Both sets are still growing....in fact it's ticking me off that I'm already into maternity shirts....and its NOT because of my belly.

Lippy
Lippy 04/06/09 - 10:48 am
hey pths!

hey pths!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 10:52 am
Well.......Hello Dolly! and

Well.......Hello Dolly! and speaking of "Dolly" how 'bout that for a new name Tatas?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 10:54 am
Dolly Pardon of Twin

Dolly Pardon of Twin Peaks........Helluva Name!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/06/09 - 10:56 am
GG's - She isn't a cloned

GG's - She isn't a cloned sheep - I don't think they do that at EAMC yet.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 10:57 am
Mebbe just Twin Topeka

Mebbe just Twin Topeka Torpedoes

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/06/09 - 11:02 am
So Lippy, you sayin' that

So Lippy, you sayin' that everytime you get in the car it's a "Cannonball Run"?