Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RAVE to the lady at Lifeway Christian Store who paid my $1 balance. I was embarrassed, and you stepped up and helped me out. God bless you. When given the chance I will pay it forward.

IT'S TIME for harsher anti-litter enforcement. There is entirely way to much trash in this city. Time to hire four or five unmarked litter police officers to write tickets to these slobs. Maybe paying a $200-$300 fine would convince folks not to litter.

IF EVERYBODY in this country were taxed as unfairly as tobacco users, we would have another revolution. But, don't worry. They'll get to you, eventually.

NOTICE THAT WHEN boarding the presidential helicopter Obama returns the salute given by the Marine guard. If Obama had ever done his duty in the military he would know that civilians don't return salutes.

I WOULD LIKE to thank the two people who left the empty can and bottle in my yard. The can had contained a cheap, horrible malt liquor, while the bottle bore the name of a rather expensive British ale. You have reinforced my hypothesis that economic circumstances do not necessarily equate with class, something you both lack in equal measure.

THERE ARE STILL Republicans in high office, not the White House, but senators, representatives, governors. They can clearly see that Obama's plan to take more authority over business is unconstitutional. Does that make all of the pols in cahoots?

YOU KEEP disregarding my comments about bringing department stores back downtown. Bring places like Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target downtown. There's where we need the business, instead of out in the middle of nowhere.

DOES ANYONE besides my wife and me wonder why the AARP, the organization that is supposed to look out for the well-being of senior citizens, supports President Obama's move towards socialized medicine? All seniors need to know that every country that has socialized medicine -- including Britain, Canada, Germany and all of the communist countries -- discriminates against seniors. Many seniors with easy-to-treat medical problems end up dying waiting in line for medical care because the government rations medical services.

HAVE YOU EVER noticed that term limits for politicians are only mentioned when the GOP has lost?

I'M SO SICK of the Republican Party. For eight years they sat mute and allowed President Bush to ruin this country and went along with everything he said and did. Now that we have a Democratic president they have found their voice and can tell him what he needs to do and how the country should be run. If they did that with our last president we wouldn't be in this mess so much.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 04/05/09 - 12:45 am
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life

Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.....

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/05/09 - 01:08 am
To the ranter who wanted

To the ranter who wanted Republicans to speak up - now that they are, you continue to rant. And, MANY republicans did go aginst President Bush on various agenda items he had just as many Democrats went along with him. The biggest mistakes President Bush made was when he followed idiotic democratic policies and allowed bail outs to begin. As for the economy and terrorism, President Bush's policies were for the most part what kept us going stong for 7 years. The problems really began just less than a year after the democrats took control of the congress, pushed through legislation allowing many problems to occur with Freddy Mac and Fannie Mae and unnecessary spending to greatly increase. Now, we are bordering on socalism, rasing taxes on everything imaginable, increasing government hand out programs for do nothing's and taking more from those who work hard through increased taxes not to mention the trillions allotted for bail outs and the defecit being more than tripple ANY other president. To be fair, the real problem isn't President Obama but instead is Pelosi, Barney Frank and a few others who pull the strings and think our money really belongs to them.

NEone
NEone 04/05/09 - 01:22 am
Since when are Wal-Mart,

Since when are Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Target department stores?

KSL
KSL 04/05/09 - 02:26 am
I've seen CVS, Sub-Way, and

I've seen CVS, Sub-Way, and any other number of chain operations occupying downtown locations, but I have never seen a Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target. But, I'm not that well traveled. LOL

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/05/09 - 03:20 am
G'mornin' Tujeez, RocknRoll,

G'mornin' Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and ya'll! WooT/tatas! Have a great day! w00t! (':

JENASIX
JENASIX 04/05/09 - 03:43 am
See what you created George

See what you created George Bush with your failed terrorist and economy policies. Yesterday,a gun man,in Pittsburgh, killed three police officers, with an assault weapon,because he lost his job. The Obama administration need to expedite the ban on assault weapon.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 04/05/09 - 04:42 am
wOOt back atcha booger,

wOOt back atcha booger, Tujeez and everyone else ...Have a good day !

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/05/09 - 04:45 am
JENASIX (nice thug supporter

JENASIX (nice thug supporter name by the way) - You might want to ask a terroist how badly the "terrorist policy" has failed. G'mornin, booger and all y'all. I had to draft this message about six times to tone it down enough to conform with the TOS. Y'all have a Blessed Palm Sunday.

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/05/09 - 04:52 am
Bless you for your restraint,

Bless you for your restraint, PTHS. Morn'. lol

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/05/09 - 04:56 am
booger - Backatcha - Don't

booger - Backatcha - Don't fear, it probably won't last all day despite my best Sabbath intentions. I'll confess to being a sinner and beg for forgiveness for what I'll probably do later right now to get it outta the way. LOL "Please forgive me Father for what I am about to do"

travisx
travisx 04/05/09 - 04:57 am
To the ranter that called

To the ranter that called President Obama a civilian, jyi, he is the Commander in chief of all the military, so to call him a civilian would not be correct.

Nammy3
Nammy3 04/05/09 - 06:09 am
LMAO pths........very good.

LMAO pths........very good. Hold that thought...lol

elliottness
elliottness 04/05/09 - 06:09 am
exactly right travisx. i

exactly right travisx. i guess only punk cowards who hide out in alabama campaigning for their goofy dads are exempt.i wonder if and when they will ever find all of those military papers missing from jrs file?wonder why he had them locked in his bisexuals dads library all those years? (some of you might want to read up on 41's scandal in 1989,those parties that he attended and left with young boys,it's there weanies read it).asitis, when the truth about 911 is revealed,make sure you comment then.if the gop party was doing so well for 7 years why did you lose both houses in 06 and the whitehouse in 08?you are also going to lose in 0012.so far you have fatboy newt, dizzy sarah and probably ron paul again.boy, what a letdown that must be.i forgot to ask also why after bush did such a good job was his approval ratings as low as nixon's,and cheney never made it above 12%? because both are hated here and worldwide.i despise pelosi because she want have them indicted and charged with war crimes.but it ain't over yet,doll! not by a long shot.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/05/09 - 06:19 am
Good Morning Augusta -- A new

Good Morning Augusta -- A new week, let the fun begin, all the praise, belly aching, know it all comments, intelligent comments, know nothing comments, and in general the plain stupid posts get underway so those attending the Masters can see just how great Augusta really is, and NESS just for you this week no corny jokes some of the comments will take care of that for me......Rant and Rave on all you cats, dogs, people and whatever else you claim to be...... Have a nice one now!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 04/05/09 - 08:05 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Peeps, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, PTHS, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lippy+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner, 44mag AND ~booger~! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/05/09 - 08:39 am
I see that the private school

I see that the private school did not help the one [filtered word] conservative out. It is called " Commander and Chief ". What an idiot.

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 04/05/09 - 08:57 am
Wrong again Hypocrites. On

Wrong again Hypocrites. On another subject, I'm retired from the military having started in the army and finished in the navy and I'm not nearly as hung up as some on who salutes. It's a form of greeting, usually (but not always) between military members.

AnGie4
AnGie4 04/05/09 - 09:03 am
Morning every one.

Morning every one.

Rose
Rose 04/05/09 - 09:04 am
Morning angie

Morning angie

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 04/05/09 - 09:05 am
Well since the tax went up

Well since the tax went up for smokers due to healthcare cost--next will be tax (extra tax) for fast food because obesity causes major medical cost then alcohol because that causes medical conditions to. But of course everyone says how bad smoking is and how bad it smells well atleast when my hubby lights up a cig his driving won't be impaired like it is with all the drunks running around. Of course the next argument will be that him holding a cig while driving is a hazard well then maybe they will tax extra the idiots that are texting on their cellphones, applying make up, or drinking that beer while driving. Of course the smokers will probably see another 3 or 4 taxes before any of the above are taxed.

andywarhol
andywarhol 04/05/09 - 09:26 am
Hello, tatas. How are you

Hello, tatas. How are you getting along these days? I know I'm not around here very much and never supported you the way others on the board have, but I'll keep you in my thoughts today.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/09 - 09:49 am
People that slaughter

People that slaughter innocent people because they lost their jobs are severely mentally ill. It has nothing to do with any Presidential policies. Normal people, when they lose their jobs, just go find another one, They do not feel the need to kill people. Remember when that man shot up the plant in Aiken County in 1997? At that time, Bill Clinton was president.

Rose
Rose 04/05/09 - 09:50 am
I am an AARP member. The

I am an AARP member. The health plan has not been written yet,and it does not have to be the same as any other country's.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 04/05/09 - 09:57 am
Awww thanks Andy I am feeling

Awww thanks Andy I am feeling a little better everyday still recovering from the surgery and my body is getting back to normal after treatments and all. Start radiation in a couple of weeks but I won't complain I have my life. WOO HOO thanks for the support and I appreciate the thought.

AreUSerious
AreUSerious 04/05/09 - 10:24 am
JENASIX-all guns kill ppl..so

JENASIX-all guns kill ppl..so no matter what type of gun he use they all still died by a gun..obama has
nt done what he said he was gonna do..look at the man who rob a store with his lil girl standing by him..when you can't get a job are no help ppl not gonna settle for that they will do whatever it takes to live.if obama will come from overseas giving them all our money and take care of home first we will be ok..if obama stop chinese ppl from coming over here tax free and stealing everything from us we will be better off...chinese ppl profit 100% off us then send that money home...they don't speak english when you want your money back when they stuff don't work...they are fast to stick up a no refund sign.....they are taxing 8 cent on the dollar at the comet mark store i caught her ppl who can't count have let it go on for years so whoever owns that store making a killing...obama stop the chinese if u can stop them we will be a better place

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/05/09 - 10:34 am
Hypo - "Commander AND Chief"

Hypo - "Commander AND Chief" ?!?!?! You better not tell any of the CINC's that. That's about the funniest thing I've seen since "President Obama is doing a fine job". Now that's just funny, I don't care who you are.

purmkinhed
purmkinhed 04/05/09 - 10:35 am
God bless the nice lady who

God bless the nice lady who found my red cell phone in the parking lot of Hamricks in North Augusta yesterday. I want to thank you very, very much! Even though my husband had just bought me that phone for Christmas, it wasn't the phone I was upset about. It was the pictures I have stored on it. I have many pictures of my 10 yr old (special needs) son and my precious 3 yr old grandson. I had not had the chance to download them to my PC yet when I lost my phone. They are now though!!! Once again Thank You!!!! You will be blessed for your act of kindness!

SusieQ
SusieQ 04/05/09 - 11:35 am
travisx-- Obama is not

travisx-- Obama is not military, until you have walked in a Seviceman's shoes you are Civilian!! He may be Commander-in Chief, But he's a long shot from being Military!! He has not earned the right to salute. I put our men that fight for our country in a all together different category from Obama. On a higher step they are!! SusieQ

What4
What4 04/05/09 - 12:34 pm
No one is going to open any

No one is going to open any large store downtown in crime central. The losses from shoplifting would drive them out of business!! Who would shop there?? The residents of the White Elephant??

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 04/05/09 - 01:05 pm
What's funny about being

What's funny about being Commander and Chief of all armed forces? I stated it exactly like I wanted to. Why do you think I emphasized "AND"?