Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RANT for all the nasty car commercials that come on that are blaring and real loud and screaming. Now they've got one that sounds like guns being fired. Also, a rant for the nasty greasy hamburger commercials. America's fat enough already. You don't have to be advertising food like that to eat. It looks disgusting.

OBAMA WENT to Europe with 550 people. What kind of insane waste of money is that, and why? Obama has gone mad for power; every day it's worse. And nobody does a darn thing about it, so he's happy as a pig in mud.

WHEN IS AIKEN COUNTY going to do something about all the eyesores that exist along Highway 1, especially the dumpy looking areas that you see as you get closer to Aiken. I can imagine some of the people coming to the area to visit for the Masters will just look along the highway and think that we live in a shanty town.

IF SRS IS getting all this money, why is it only generating about 3,000 jobs? This seems like a small number of jobs to me. For more than $1 billion there should be more jobs coming here than that.

THANK YOU to the gentleman that saw me struggling to put a 50-pound bag of dog food in my truck at the Wal-Mart in Evans and stopped to help me out. Southern gentlemen are still out there. You have no idea what kind of day I was having before that moment, and your single act of kindness turned my whole outlook around.

I AM TIRED of watching people get away with breaking the law. I guess a child will have to die on my street before the authorities will actually do something.

RANTER ASKS: "How would it help ... if the president failed?" When a president (or any pol) works toward the destruction of our liberty, that means he pretends to work to support our freedom, but he is actually working to enslave us. That's how it would help President Obama to fail. His motives are sinister, and that's the nicest way to describe his goals.

IT'S A TRAGEDY when a young person dies, no question. Is it not also a tragedy when normal adults -- teachers and parents -- are not considered capable of "counseling" students when a school mate dies? Instead, in these insane days, somebody insists on bringing in government, "emergency counseling teams." How far have we fallen?

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN why there are stop signs at every crosswalk at the Augusta Regional Airport now instead of signs telling you to stop for pedestrians? It's ridiculous having to stop so many times when you are dropping someone off or picking them up.

aj
aj 04/03/09 - 01:35 am
Have a couple of rants.....1.

Have a couple of rants.....1. How many people put on their lights when driving in the rain, during the day? You may be able to see but are you able to be seen?....2. How many people know what a merge lane is used for? Turning right onto Washington Rd from Baston Rd. Wow. It's amazing how much of a difference it was when the poles were put up to guide the cars onto Wash Rd. but there still are some idiots. Everyone have a great day. Turn your lights on, it's going to be raining.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/03/09 - 01:36 am
Good mixture of Rants and

Good mixture of Rants and Raves for discussion today before all the BS gets into gear later. See people still helping people, Obama being fussed about, concern for children and good old pedestrians......Have a ball with them before the the other mess gets started.....Good morning Augusta Area.

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/03/09 - 03:00 am
Early laughs - helps make day

Early laughs - helps make day go better:
Wife: "What are you doing?"
> Husband : "Nothing."
> Wife : "Nothing...? You've been reading our marriage certificate for an
> hour."
> Husband : "I was looking for the expiration date."
> ------------------------------------------
> Wife : "Do you want dinner?"
> Husband : "Sure! What are my choices?"
> Wife : "Yes and no."
> ------------------------------------------
> Son: "Mom, when I was on the bus with Dad this morning, he told me to give
> up my seat to a lady."
> Mom: "Well, you have done the right thing."
> Son: "But Mom, I was sitting on Daddy's lap."

aj
aj 04/03/09 - 04:08 am
kiddspur....I should have

kiddspur....I should have waited to rant after you posted. Should have funny before rant....Have a great soggy Friday...last day of school before Spring Break.

NANF
NANF 04/03/09 - 04:13 am
Nice to have a chuckle to

Nice to have a chuckle to start off the day. Thanks kiddspur.

NEone
NEone 04/03/09 - 04:18 am
My husband held a door for an

My husband held a door for an older lady one time. She thanked him and said "You must be from the South." He replied, "No ma'am. Just a Marine."

NEone
NEone 04/03/09 - 04:19 am
Don't like the ridiculously

Don't like the ridiculously loud commercials? (Who does?) Use the mute button on your remote. Works wonders!

pthsssh
pthsssh 04/03/09 - 04:20 am
Happy 1st Friday

Happy 1st Friday

brianw
brianw 04/03/09 - 04:51 am
Exactly NEone. If TV

Exactly NEone. If TV commercials are the only issues worrying a person, they probably have too much time on their hands. If I don't like a commercial, I change the channel. Ranter, you should deal with it. OH and the Aiken County ranter, who the heck are you to cast judgement about what is or is not an eye sore? Every town in America is exactly the same in having such areas.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/03/09 - 05:16 am
The cops can't be on every

The cops can't be on every side street and they can't use radar to stop somebody and give them tickets. Radar can only be used on STATE APPROVED roads to be able to write a ticket off of it. Also has anyone seen the bill about to be passed in Atlanta about "super speeders" go 15 mph above the speed limit on state roads or 20 above on the interstate and besides the fine you get in court the state will send you another bill for $200. This is not enforcement. Traffic laws are mostly based on VOLUNTARY compliance. This is nothing more than a bill to generate revenue for the state. Don't get me wrong I believe in fining someone in court but not the state taking them to the bank even more just to generate money.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 04/03/09 - 05:17 am
Well, I'm off to NY. Ya'll

Well, I'm off to NY. Ya'll have a great week.

JENASIX
JENASIX 04/03/09 - 05:53 am
Former President George

TroubIe
TroubIe 04/03/09 - 05:58 am
morning all

morning all

momofthree
momofthree 04/03/09 - 06:42 am
Sorry I have to do this, I

Sorry I have to do this, I just can't stand the abuse of the English language-------------- JENA SIX wrote "Former President George W.Bush should have took 550 people with him during his visited to Iraq;that might have deter the Iraqi not to throw his shoes at him." You will now be corrected, Former President George Bush should HAVE TAKEN 550 people with him during his VISIT to Iraq, that MAY HAVE DETERRED the Iraqi REPORTER FROM THROWING HIS SHOE at him.------------------Now was that so hard?------------------------------------Morning all, OT have a big slice of NY pizza for me, the one thing I miss about the north. Have fun and be safe.

SCGAL53
SCGAL53 04/03/09 - 06:50 am
brianw- what a stupid comment

brianw- what a stupid comment "who the heck are you to cast judgement ". You must be the one creating the eyesore.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/03/09 - 06:52 am
Hi Mom!

Hi Mom!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/03/09 - 06:54 am
I know what Brianw is talking

I know what Brianw is talking about and it's the JUNKYARD on the right side of the road as you get to Aiken. There are long lasting fabric panels that can screen this eyesore. It's been there for over 40 years!

momofthree
momofthree 04/03/09 - 06:57 am
Hi CBBP, getting off here

Hi CBBP, getting off here now, time to be productive and go to work, be on this weekend, pop a top for me, it' 5 o'clock somewhere........................

AnGie4
AnGie4 04/03/09 - 07:05 am
(rolling eyes,

(rolling eyes, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawing).........................

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/03/09 - 07:06 am
I wish the only thing I had

I wish the only thing I had to worry about were to many speeders and to many stop signs. I guess we can protest to Barry so we can get us some crossing guards and put cameras everywhere in the CSRA to ticket the speeders. See I should be PRESIDENT I can make everyone happy in our new MARXIST SOCIETY. Lets see I just need $10 a week from every one in the CSRA to make these TWO ranters HAPPY!

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 04/03/09 - 07:21 am
The police only get a moving

The police only get a moving when there is a death.. they don't do anything else.. but eat donuts and drink coffee..

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/03/09 - 07:23 am
Milton, can I give you a

Milton, can I give you a dollar down and 50 cent a week?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 04/03/09 - 07:24 am
LadyC, you should see em'

LadyC, you should see em' move when that coffee kicks in!

AnGie4
AnGie4 04/03/09 - 08:05 am
lol

lol

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/03/09 - 08:15 am
I will settle for some cold

I will settle for some cold beer and boiled peanuts. Bud in the can of course

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 04/03/09 - 08:16 am
Darn left out the Charcoal

Darn left out the Charcoal grilled steaks!

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 04/03/09 - 08:32 am
3000 jobs at 50,000 a year is

3000 jobs at 50,000 a year is 150,000,000.00 a year. How many more jobs can they afford, and keep these people employed for more than a year? Plus the projects that are being awarded are going to cost money too. A lot of money. So please keep your ignorance to yourself.

karmakills123
karmakills123 04/03/09 - 08:35 am
Rants to the black woman in

Rants to the black woman in the van with two others who STOLE donated items from the Ministries in North Augusta..you and your helpers are scum bag knuckle dragging bottem feeders....but not to worry you were caught on tape and so was your van....be ready to go to jail.

dashiel
dashiel 04/03/09 - 08:44 am
Does anyone know the

Does anyone know the Chronicle's rates for GorillaGrams? I still don't think it's fair to suspend anonymous comments with no warning like this. It's going to cause a lot of embarrassment (and possibly lawsuits). Other papers don't charge for venting. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 04/03/09 - 08:51 am
Re: the stimulus money you

Re: the stimulus money you will receive. ** If you received this in check before April 1; you could owe money on 2009 taxes because the amount is spread out from 4/1 to end of year. ** If 2 are working and getting the stimulus, could owe money when file jointly at end of year because could be over the $95,000. ** If you hold more than one job. *** If you have rental property, savings, etc. that would put you over the amount; you could owe at end of year. Pay attention so won't cost you at the end of the year.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...