Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

I'M NOT A POLITICIAN. I'm just an American, and I've been sitting here listening to all these talking heads on TV and I look at it this way: I'm a Christian, and I'm praying for my president to succeed. That's all we can do, pray for it and hope that he can turn this country around. God bless you, President Obama.

PEOPLE NEED to wake up and stop idolizing this man who's calling himself president. This country can't afford this man, or we will have to start learning Chinese.

PLACING THE GOLF statues at the Augusta airport would make a great first impression. It would be a plus for the Garden City. I hope our elected officials agree and work hard to make this happen.

THIS IS A RAVE to the persons responsible for the cleanup at Augusta Westview Cemetery. I was visiting there recently to place flowers on family graves and was pleasantly surprised to see how nice and clean it was looking. Thanks to all those responsible for this service.

RE: THE GLENN HILLS cheating scandal: Yes, one person in question took a fall and was transferred on paper to a lower pay scale. But "demoted" to classroom teacher? How many professional teachers have devoted their lives and souls to developing both their subject knowledge and their teaching skills? How many former military and business personnel have taken pride in going through the difficult process of certification in order to put their skills to work in education? So that people with important titles in a questionable alternative program can be "demoted" to teachers?

I DON'T MIND paying a little more for electrical power, but I think the power company, after paying for the nuclear reactors, should give us consumers a reduced rate. After all, isn't it cheaper for them to produce the power with nuclear reactors?

WHEN YOU SEE people without a job, looking for help, don't judge so easily. I have heard the expression, "Go get a job like everyone else." Well, if they're like me, they are trying. You really have to know someone these days to get a job. There is so much age discrimination going on.

THIS IS A RANT regarding new principals in Aiken County. Why did they take the assistant principals and put them in entirely new schools? Why not just move them up in the schools where they already were, where they knew the parents and the kids? Instead all they did was just move everybody around and jumble everything up.

I DON'T WANT the metric system. When we went to Ireland, my husband was able to figure it out because he's an engineer, but I am not, and I don't want our country changed. We're not Europe, we're America.

NEone
NEone 03/27/09 - 01:50 am
Good morning, Augusta!

Good morning, Augusta!

NEone
NEone 03/27/09 - 01:54 am
Re Glenn Hills: Like it or

Re Glenn Hills: Like it or not, there is a hierarchy of jobs and titles. "Teacher" is not the highest ranking position in the educational field. If the person in question had a position above that of teacher and was moved to teacher, then it would be a demotion. It has nothing to do with the value of the job or the person. Just a reflection of the pay scale and scope of responsibility.

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/27/09 - 04:20 am
Hey McFly - Have you checked

Hey McFly - Have you checked the increased flight schedule for the Master's period? Why don't you call a rental car agency and check availability and rates for airport rentals during that time frame? Also, if even if ONE person sees them at the airport, that is one more than are seeing them now. I think if I was flying into Augusta to see a major golf tournament, I'd stop and have a gander or maybe a photo with the statues of the greats of the game. Maybe you should be sleeping at 4am...... G'mornin, booger and all y'all! Happy Friday!

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/27/09 - 05:01 am
Would you care to explain to

Would you care to explain to the listening audience how many folks fit on a corporate jet vs an MD-80, Ms travel expert queen? Or how Asian tourists can drive to town or fly corporate jets across the Pacific? C'mon girl - give us the answers!

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/27/09 - 05:13 am
I certainly never suggested

I certainly never suggested they did. Read what I type, words mean things. You implied that not many folks fly into Bush Field. I'm telling you that you are full of crap on that. End of it - I can provide the numbers to support my contention that they do. Also the Rant question was not about what your personal art perusal habits were. I wouldn't expect you to fly in from Aiken - you got me there.

JENASIX
JENASIX 03/27/09 - 05:26 am
I knowed one group of

I knowed one group of politics party that Pres.Obama already have speaking chinese,Republicans they are riding the slow bus.They can't deem for themselves.Pay attention and listen when they speak during a press conference and how many Republicans it take to speak out about Pres. Obama budget spending?Do the Republican party have any members, in Congress, that know how to speak correct grammar besides Pres. Obama?

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/27/09 - 05:32 am
I don't care who you are, now

I don't care who you are, now that's just funny! I would agree, the Repubicans you hear do not speak English like you do. Thanks for the morning laugh, I needed it.

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:24 am
Whoa....felt almost like

Whoa....felt almost like being at a tennis match with the first two r and r...

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:26 am
I know..why not a 'wax museum

I know..why not a 'wax museum of sorts of all the golf heros..but not downtown...

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:28 am
The lower power rant. Well

The lower power rant. Well you can juuuust forget that.

sick of taxes
sick of taxes 03/27/09 - 06:29 am
Reference : RE: THE GLENN

Reference : RE: THE GLENN HILLS. You are SO correct. Please read my post under the article 24.5 million shortfall.
The whole system is upside-down. The Teachers should be the Highest paid employees in the system, with flunky fluff jobs detailed to them as a duty with additional pay for only as long as they do it. I am speaking of duties like "media Specialist" and assistant type jobs. The additional pay should only be token pay, not a doubling or tripling of pay.

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/27/09 - 06:31 am
morning all

morning all

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:36 am
Let me tell ya..I get up

Let me tell ya..I get up every weekend (been doing this since Sept.08) I have to be at work 5am sat, 6am Sunday, to cook breakfast for popeyes, and 8am on Fridays, while I go to school. Now I'm outta school for six mos and if they don't give me more hours I'll have to find an additional job for those days. (oh and I've not missed one weekend). There is work out there, you really do have to be willing to work anything, to make ends meet. And I've got a five year old and teenager too..So don't say, well I can't cuz I've got young kids. You gotta make sacrifices to get to where you REALLY want to be. My plate is full..but it helps to keep things in balance.

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:41 am
BTW...you ain't gotta know

BTW...you ain't gotta know someone to get a job a popeyes...geesh..

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:48 am
PTHS..Who are you posting to

PTHS..Who are you posting to in your posts?? I've read 'c'mon girl' and then your 5:13?

andywarhol
andywarhol 03/27/09 - 06:50 am
That's right angie, and if a

That's right angie, and if a person teaches their children correctly they will still turn out okay even with you working so much.

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 06:53 am
best stock up on the soy

best stock up on the soy sauce and sticky rice, and some fortune cookies. Never mind about the fortune cookie, since you know it all already.

TechLover
TechLover 03/27/09 - 06:55 am
We use the metric system all

We use the metric system all the time in the medical field, it's not that difficult. What's fun is when some old doc throws in the apothecary system. Grains, scruples, and drams, oh my. Personally I've always liked the hogshead. "I'd like a hogshead of hogsheads please"

TechLover
TechLover 03/27/09 - 06:57 am
Forgot: Keep up the hard work

Forgot: Keep up the hard work angie, it'll pay off in the end. what are you studying in school?

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:03 am
Thanks Tech. I'm in the

Thanks Tech. I'm in the Dental Asst. program..I used to work for a Dr. back in the 80's, but so much has changed now with blood borne diseases, and if you wanna get in with a good group of Doctors you need to have the training under your belt. I love it.
I love everything about it.

TechLover
TechLover 03/27/09 - 07:06 am
I have a BSN. The medical

I have a BSN. The medical field is a good bet, with the dental you should get out of nights, weekends, and holidays. It's a pain working them but they do pay a good bit more depending on where you work.

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:08 am
I can remember asst. the

I can remember asst. the doctor doing periodontal surgery, blood spewing everywhere...(you get the idea) and you did not have to wear gloves OR safety goggles. Everything has WAY changed.
Lots and lots of diseases coming from the mouth or by way of the mouth

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:10 am
I wouldn't mind getting on

I wouldn't mind getting on somewhere like Fort Gordon, but I'll go anywhere. The pay scale for a dental asst. is much greater now than it used to be. It's not as cushy work as it sounds. There is a lot involved

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:11 am
Oh and I agree with your 7:06

Oh and I agree with your 7:06

firekracker64
firekracker64 03/27/09 - 07:15 am
Obama and his criminals are

Obama and his criminals are at it in full force. How stupid were they in passing legilastion they did not even read! What a joke of a President! Anyone who voted for this idiot must be proud! Oh, I forgot. I cannot say anything bad about this President according to crybaby Democraps! Well I did not vote for this idiot and I did vote, so I can complain! Obama is an absolute dummy! This is not the change we need. Did I mention Obama is an out right liar too!

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:18 am
and the beat goes

and the beat goes on....................

TechLover
TechLover 03/27/09 - 07:22 am
I didn't vote for the idiot

I didn't vote for the idiot W, but somehow we were called 'unpatriotic" and "unAmerican" when we complained about his and Cheney's follies. Look at the bright side, you get to keep complaining for at least 8 years, and with the demographic changes in the US, probably for the rest of your life. Enjoy.

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:25 am
I also never said college

I also never said college educated people don't steal. They'd be much smarter about it that's for sure!
Posted by andywarhol on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:26 PM

karmakills123
karmakills123 03/27/09 - 07:25 am
A bountiful and beautiful and

A bountiful and beautiful and Bodacious good morning to all!!! Just a few good words to start the day !!!

AnGie4 03/27/09 - 07:26 am
geesh louise...I'm glad i'm

geesh louise...I'm glad i'm gettin an education so when I get ready to steal...I can do it much smarter. bhahwhwhwhwhwhaaaaaaaa