Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU CAN TELL how old you're getting by how many pills you take in the morning to start the day.

TO THE RANTER wanting to know why people have to have an assault rifle in their house. Why is it her business what we have in our house? If you aren't planning on invading our house, you'll never know what we have. So you worry about what's in yours, and I'll worry about what's in mine.

IT JUST SHOWS how dumb the Democrats are when the best they have to offer to lead their party are Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

THIS IS IN REGARD to the GreenJackets' stadium. I say leave it where it is and stop trying to relocate it. Reopen some department stores that have closed and put some new department stores downtown. Downtown is dead, and we need to bring it back by putting more department stores down there.

A BIG RAVE for Ms. Sandy on Richmond County school bus 236. She's a great bus driver and always dependable. Love her!

HERE'S A BIG RANT to the employee who left my employment without notice for another job, leaving not only me but the rest of my staff to make up for your sudden departure. Then you decide to add insult to injury by trying to cause me even more problems. The person you really hurt most is yourself.

TO THE PERSON(S) who abandoned four little boxer puppies in front of Heartsong Spay/Neuter Clinic this morning: May your act of sheer cowardice return to haunt you a hundredfold.

A RANT FOR Aiken County School Board, which says that we have to be one of the fastest-improving systems in the country to meet our goals by 2010. They then cut programs, teachers and increase class sizes to achieve this. Yeah, that will work.

I RUN ALONG Mullikin Road about three or four times a week, sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening. There is one constant: People drive way too fast. The speed limit is 30 mph. Our community should be ashamed that this is the case less than a year since Christian Giles' death.

I WOULD LIKE to address the guys and gals that run on Mullikin Road. We have put a sidewalk on the side of the road to keep from hurting people. They still insist on running on the road instead of the sidewalk. I think that is very immature, and I believe that the Columbia County cops should give tickets to those who are running on the road. This is for their safety, and apparently they don't care.

Nammy
Nammy 03/16/09 - 11:57 pm
Good morning Tujeez,

Good morning Tujeez, RocknRoll, PTHS and all ya'll! Have a great day...WooT/tatas! (': Happy St. Pat's Day everyone!!!! w00t!! Got your green on???? lol

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/17/09 - 12:03 am
At least when you break it

At least when you break it now, you know how to fix it ;-) G'mornin! And I'm going to be wearing Orange today.

Nammy
Nammy 03/17/09 - 12:04 am
LOL yep....Happy St. Pat's

LOL yep....Happy St. Pat's Day dude! Na uh!!! GREEN!!! I want to see EVERYbody in green!!!! LOL

pthsssh
pthsssh 03/17/09 - 12:26 am
For an explanation, and your

For an explanation, and your morning listening pleasure, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJPbGJnEY4

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 03/17/09 - 02:17 am
Excellent point, "I WOULD

Excellent point, "I WOULD LIKE." "I RUN ALONG," please read the comment succeeding yours and act accordingly. And, IRA, if you insist upon running along a road, please begin running along the Few Parkway. After you're hit there, maybe Ron Cross-Cross and SS will build sidewalks for us taxpayers on the "poor" side of Washington Road.

Nammy
Nammy 03/17/09 - 03:20 am
w00t! It's

w00t! It's 4:20.....lol.......(':

Nammy
Nammy 03/17/09 - 03:20 am
w00t! It's

w00t! It's 4:20.....lol.......(': #7!!

NEone
NEone 03/17/09 - 03:27 am
Regarding Green Jackets

Regarding Green Jackets Stadium: You can't demand that stores open downtown. There's a reason they closed in the old stores in the first place. No one shopped in them. So you want to open them again and have no one there? Where is the improvement?

MJ
MJ 03/17/09 - 03:49 am
Department stores downtown?

Department stores downtown? A-RC can't even get department stores in Regency Mall. A-RC doesn't need department stores, they need commissioners that will stop bickering and start acting. There is NOTHING to make people WANT to come to Augusta other than the Masters and that's one week a year. Other than the Masters, the biggest single item to bring folks to Augusta is Ft. Gordon. There is NOTHING but the Masters in this town for tourism. Honestly it's stupid to count on one week a year at an exclusive club as a valid tourist destination. After that week is over so is that revenue.

DRAMAMAMA
DRAMAMAMA 03/17/09 - 04:40 am
Maybe some big Speed Humps to

Maybe some big Speed Humps to slow them down a bit?

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/17/09 - 04:57 am
morning all

morning all

44mag
44mag 03/17/09 - 05:37 am
"THERE MAY BE a lot of

"THERE MAY BE a lot of churches in this area, but I don't see many people working to help people who are poor and hungry. Right now people need help more than ever. I think churches need to be working to help people."
I presume you're criticizing and not part of the solution. Or is your church the exception and the others are the ones you're commenting about?

Martinez
Martinez 03/17/09 - 05:45 am
#1 - I take 0 pills and yet

#1 - I take 0 pills and yet keep getting older. # 4 - When will people realize that cities don't open department stores, department stores open department stores. Simply wanting one isn't enough. # 5 - Is this person seriously upset he/she can't find any church freebies? I wonder how much he/she tithes. # 7 - This is a right to work state. Notice is a courtesy, not a requirement. Would you give an employee you intend to fire two weeks notice? And as for the abandoned puppies, I would rather see them abandoned in front of a clinic then on the highway.

SC88fan
SC88fan 03/17/09 - 06:19 am
RANT for the

RANT for the Chronicle.....When are they going to update the Carolina Chronicle online? Last time it was updated was 03-01-09.

momofthree
momofthree 03/17/09 - 06:24 am
Happy Saint Patty's day

Happy Saint Patty's day all....Martinez, I agree with you 100% about the puppies, and the clinic should too. Now they get to collect the adoption fees, and boxer pups should move real quick.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 03/17/09 - 06:29 am
There are many good reasons

There are many good reasons for drinking,
One has just entered my head.
If a man doesn't drink when he's living,
How in the hell can he drink when he's dead?......... Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/17/09 - 06:43 am
What is it about momofthree &

What is it about momofthree & speckled puppies...lol..Happy St Paddys all

momofthree
momofthree 03/17/09 - 06:45 am
lol i4putt.....

lol i4putt.....

paulstealmore_
paulstealmore_ 03/17/09 - 07:01 am
I see where Sen Grassley

I see where Sen Grassley states that AIG executives should resign or commit suicide---I totally agree, along with Sen Grassley and all the other members of this fked up congress!

swampbubba
swampbubba 03/17/09 - 07:06 am
What we need is a modern day

What we need is a modern day St. Patrick to run the liberal snakes out of all levels of government!

bree026
bree026 03/17/09 - 07:11 am
Good morning all...........

Good morning all........... Happy pot of gold day................

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 03/17/09 - 07:16 am
If they put speed humps on

If they put speed humps on Mullikin Rd, the cars would just hop over them and get the runners on the sidewalk. Maybe putting a little law enforcement on the road would help more.

I4PUTT

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/17/09 - 07:32 am
Can I have one of those?

Can I have one of those?

cn683
cn683 03/17/09 - 07:37 am
re: rant about the

re: rant about the puppies........apparently you are not suppose to leave puppies at an animal clinic (which is also a shelter - heartsong - they go to petsmart almost every week). i think the ranter would prefer if you put them in a dumpster or something next time. duh duh duh.
HAPPY St. P's Day!!!!

Lipstick
Lipstick 03/17/09 - 07:39 am
Top of the mornin to

Top of the mornin to everyone!

augusta49
augusta49 03/17/09 - 07:40 am
Is the job still available???

Is the job still available??? Please tell where it is. I know someone who will be a hard worker. Thanks...

ITDoc
ITDoc 03/17/09 - 07:44 am
Here you go CBBP :-X.

Here you go CBBP :-X.

Jurors hear ex-fire marshal's meeting with FBI agent
Beard has pleaded not guilty to six counts of extortion and one count of attempted extortion. Defense wit­nesses began testifying Wednes­­day after federal prosecutors rested their case.