Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

WITH ALL THAT VACANT, unused, indoor space of the Regency Mall, couldn't we use it for some concerts or something? How about a convention or product expo facility? All those store spaces could be perfect for a vendor to display their products.

GERMANY AND JAPAN in World War II couldn't do it. The USSR during the Cold War couldn't do it; 9-11 couldn't do it. But it looks like the Democrat-controlled U.S. government will finally bring America to its knees.

RAVE TO THE WORKERS at Gracewood! I had the opportunity to meet the staff of Gracewood at MCG. I commend each of them for the love and care that they provide to each of the patients they care for.

A RANT TO REPUBLICAN politicians for their lack of bipartisanship in regard to the stimulus bill. When people won't spend, the government needs to take up the spending function so factories can increase production and provide jobs.

RANT FOR THE CURRENT admistration; the Republicans will return, and Barney Frank and Chris Dodd will be prosecuted.

THE ONCE BEAUTIFUL wooded area at Five Notch Road and Coventry subdivision has been cleared and roads established for so-called condos, and now it's just sitting there with no activity. How about digging up the roads and replanting the trees?

THAT WOMAN with 14 kids is really preposterous!

OUR HEARTS WERE TOUCHED with the kindness shown by the young boy at S&S in North Augusta. It is refreshing and encouraging to witness such acts of generosity by our young, the future of our country.

IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT of people are looking for a handout instead of working or even trying to find a job.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR Augustans complain they have no money because of the recession. Go by a restaurant any Friday or Saturday night, and you'll see the wait.

FOR STATE POLITICIANS to hope to help the economy by loosening liquor laws is obscenely absurd. Looser laws means more drunks, means more missing their jobs, leads to less production, leads to fewer jobs, leads to less tax money for the state.

Trouble706
Trouble706 03/04/09 - 01:11 am
I haven't been on in over a

I haven't been on in over a month..Come back today and get the first post...It must be going to be a great day...
But then again, I see that the same old complaints about the old Regency Mall building are still here.

Goober
Goober 03/04/09 - 04:20 am
What does the Ranter in #4

What does the Ranter in #4 want the govt to do? Buy a bunch of cars it doesn't need? G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

Nammy
Nammy 03/04/09 - 04:20 am
Good morning Goober, Tujeez

Good morning Goober, Tujeez (wherever you are!), RocknRoll and all ya'll! WooT/tatas! Have a great day! woot!!! (':

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/04/09 - 05:31 am
Goober, ranter #4 wants the

Goober, ranter #4 wants the government to buy us all the things we want but wont buy for ourselves because we cant afford it, i would like to put my name on the list, i want a new car and a flat screen tv.......the government is the new santa clause......

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/04/09 - 05:33 am
oh, and morning all

oh, and morning all

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:25 am
Good Morning World. Thank

Good Morning World. Thank you for another day. PEACE.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:26 am
Good Morning InChristLove. I

Good Morning InChristLove. I hope you have a wonderful day.
And God Bless You.:)

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:26 am
Folks always have enough

Folks always have enough money to FEED THEIR FACE.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:30 am
What a hoot that last rant

What a hoot that last rant was. Lead to more drunks??

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:32 am
The govment is the NEW Santa

The govment is the NEW Santa Claus? Coooooooolwell.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/04/09 - 06:33 am
Ok, I'm off to see the

Ok, I'm off to see the wizard. again. Hope all my fans have a marvey day.:)

Nammy
Nammy 03/04/09 - 06:45 am
yawn........................

yawn........................

hisfaith2003
hisfaith2003 03/04/09 - 06:46 am
That is Crazy, Laney has a

That is Crazy, Laney has a good princpal. Laney has a quite school with no problems.Now there putting 8th graders in high school and new princpal that couldn't handle the school she was at. So taking Dr. Welcher out of Laney High and adding 8th grader sounds like trouble to me and i am going to take my child out of there, she has one more year and she will do that some where else. Even though i wanted her to graduate as a wildcat she can thank Dr Bedden for that..I taking her to a School in south Carolina. Thank you Dr. Bedden, for no support of our childern.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/04/09 - 07:00 am
Let's see, TEE Center,

Let's see, TEE Center, Regency Mall, TEE Center, Regency Mall.
Regency TEE Center! What a wonderful Idea and large enough to host many events. Most places are booked over a year in advance, think about the added space and revenue this could bring, and all for the price of condemnation proceedings against the owner who is practicing demolition by neglect!

Roadkill
Roadkill 03/04/09 - 07:01 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

JackRyan
JackRyan 03/04/09 - 07:01 am
It appears Roland Burris will

It appears Roland Burris will keep his senate seat, even after committing perjury. Ah, life in a democratic run administration--crooks, liars, tax dodgers and thieves!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/04/09 - 07:02 am
ARC Commission, that'll be

ARC Commission, that'll be $250,000.00 for the study and idea. Large bills please. No, I do trust you, but don't like checks that big!

Roadkill
Roadkill 03/04/09 - 07:17 am
Here we go again, it's the

Here we go again, it's the repubs fault, no it's the dems fault. Guess what, you are both correct, it took ALL of congress to create this mess.

JackRyan
JackRyan 03/04/09 - 07:17 am
I think ol bo hussien "speak"

I think ol bo hussien "speak" with forked tongue??? Hey dashiel, rcr and rose, what ya'll say about the 70B in earmarks and the 3B to ACORN. Didn't your boy say no earmarks and no pork--he would veto any bill with those in it? Come on, give us your spin.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/04/09 - 07:22 am
Good morning Namaste, Tujeez,

Good morning Namaste, Tujeez, and christian134 and everybody else !!! Have a good day !!!!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/04/09 - 07:27 am
DDDuuuusssttt In the

DDDuuuusssttt In the wind...all we are is "Dust in the WIIINNNNDDD !!!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/04/09 - 07:29 am
The Boys are Back In Town!

The Boys are Back In Town!

corgimom
corgimom 03/04/09 - 07:47 am
Morning, y'all, and

Morning, y'all, and especially Tujeez.

freespeech
freespeech 03/04/09 - 08:02 am
You have some nerve

You have some nerve complaining about republicans not being bipartisan. Was the democrats EVER bipartisan? Was Obama? I hope republicans NEVER vote with those idiots. I'm sick of paying for lazy, sorry, people that won't work - those that say "I gets a check". And not Hilary wants to send $900,000,000 to the people in Gaza? Why? That's our money - give it back to us.

Roadkill
Roadkill 03/04/09 - 08:21 am
Yep, I was correct, repubs

Yep, I was correct, repubs blamming dems, dems blamming repubs. How about we try this in '10 & '12. If is has incumbent beside the candiates name, vote for the opposition???? Clean house till they stop spending money we don't have!!!

christian134
christian134 03/04/09 - 08:30 am
Good morning one and all:-)

Good morning one and all:-) Ya'll stay safe today...

momofthree
momofthree 03/04/09 - 08:40 am
CBBP -- "All your money won't

CBBP -- "All your money won't another minute buy............." but it will but more tax and spend, pork, and one gawd awful egg for MR.

Mongol
Mongol 03/04/09 - 08:42 am
To the ranter about beating

To the ranter about beating Germany. let be fair here Germany took on almost every major power and the world. One on one Germany would have beaten America.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/04/09 - 08:47 am
Mongol, I disagree. I say we

Mongol, I disagree. I say we tee it up again for the best 2 out of 3.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/04/09 - 08:58 am
Better yet, why don't

Better yet, why don't momofthree and I wrassle for it. Winner gets to rule the world for one day. Maybe not the whole world but at least free pizza at the Pizza Joint one night.