Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

THANK YOU FOR ALL the young men and women who are being taken or kicked out of school because they are gang members. Let them have their gang. It's called a chain gang.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank MCG for telling us how they made $5 million in the last seven months off of sick people.

THIS IS A RANT FOR everybody who voted for the stimulus bill. Do you know that you are only going to get $13 a week stimulus from this $870 billion stimulus bill. Wake up, America.

DIGITAL TV REALLY STINKS. They could have just left the TV like it was. I have the digital box, and I just really wish you could have just left everything like it was. Sometimes new isn't always better.

RYAN'S, PLEASE DON'T close your breakfast bar down. You have the best breakfast in town.

ONLY AT THE ACADEMY AWARDS: Hollywood stands up and cheers for a man who overdosed on drugs. My, my, what a country.

A HUGE RAVE to Scott Hudson and the First Saturday crew for helping make Augusta a true garden city.

BIG RANTS TO Mark Sanford. He's just so prejudiced that Obama is the president and he's not. He was the first one to come out against the stimulus and now these other governors are following his lead like a bunch of sad dogs.

RAVES FOR THOSE deputies who escort a funeral procession and also to those who stop as a symbol of respect.

RANT FOR THE NEW administration. Why did I bother to work, get an education, pay back my student loan, pay my mortgage and bills on time, serve my country, and never receive a dime of government money just to pay for those who are too dumb to read the contract they signed for a mortgage they could not afford?

WITH SO MANY RANTS being published, I would like to extend a rave for Teresa in the photo Department at Walgreen's on Peach Orchard and Windsor Spring roads.

APPARENTLY, SHOPPERS leaving Augusta Mall and turning onto Wrightboro Road can't read the sign that says 'DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTION"! Yesterday, by the time all the cars cleared out of the intersection, cars coming out of Kroger Shopping Center had lost their green light. Have some consideration for somebody besides yourself!

A GREAT, BIG RAVE to Dr. Newton, RN Miss Bobbie, and all of the staff at Augusta Pediatric Associates. What a helpful, caring, compassionate group of individuals.

Nammy
Nammy 03/02/09 - 01:10 am
(':

(':

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 03/02/09 - 01:50 am
The weather forecast for

The weather forecast for Monday brought to you by...................Chicken Little. :-)

Nammy
Nammy 03/02/09 - 01:53 am
Good morning Brenda G,

Good morning Brenda G, Goober, Tujeez, RocknRoll and all ya'll!! Let it SNOW!!!! I want to build a snowman!!! w00t! Have a great day....(':

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 02:23 am
yawn........

yawn........

CaptainDan
CaptainDan 03/02/09 - 03:43 am
Good mornig to you all. If

Good mornig to you all. If you have to drive, please be cautious over the bridges! And a BIG rave for the DeMoLay(sp?) group of Hephzibah for the wonderful and safe trip to Kennesaw and back. Kudos!!

Goober
Goober 03/02/09 - 05:20 am
I would like to thank MCG for

I would like to thank MCG for not losing money and needing a bail out despite the amount of care they provide for the indigent as well as ER services for Cherry Tree Crossing. G'mornin, namasta and all y'all!

atsugua13
atsugua13 03/02/09 - 05:42 am
well the weatherfolks earned

well the weatherfolks earned their keep again this weekend. They got their ratings up by constantly using the S word. Most useless part of the news program is the weather forecast.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/02/09 - 06:15 am
Maybe it didn't snow but we

Maybe it didn't snow but we got a lot of rain made up in the water deficit. Hey maybe the stimulus really does work.

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/02/09 - 06:25 am
morning all

morning all

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/02/09 - 06:29 am
"President will BREAK A

"President will BREAK A CAMPAIGN PLEDGE on Monday and sign a budget bill laden with millions in lawmakers' pet projects, administration officials said." ANYONE SURPRISED? If so, just follow the yellow brick road cuz you live in a fantasy world if you are surprised.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:33 am
good grief...here they go.

good grief...here they go. Again. Good Morning World. Thank You For Another Day. PEACE.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:37 am
Have some consideration for

Have some consideration for someone other than myself? Nah, that's ok.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:37 am
Jeeeeesssssssssss, jokin

Jeeeeesssssssssss, jokin

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:43 am
In my humble opinion, gangs

In my humble opinion, gangs take all shapes and forms, and sizes, and well...you know...some just shoot their mouth off, instead of a gun.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:45 am
Regarding Rant numero 10. I

Regarding Rant numero 10. I dunno, why'd you bother??

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:48 am
although I think you would

although I think you would find the answer if you look deep with in yourself grasshopper....sometimes we do what is right in the world, and can not control what others do. But please go away feeling good that YOU did the right thing.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 06:51 am
Would any one care for a warm

Would any one care for a warm mug of smug? sip..sip..mighty tasty. I wish all my fans a safe and blessed day. And a special hello and blessings go out to InChristLove. Hope you have a good one.:)

TechLover
TechLover 03/02/09 - 06:59 am
overburdened: The Repubs have

overburdened: The Repubs have 41.4% of the Senate ad 41.2% of the House and are responsible for 40% of the earmarks. Seems like they got about the same percent of earmarks as their representation. Blame both parties, not just the Dems.

Goober
Goober 03/02/09 - 07:01 am
"I will veto any bill with

"I will veto any bill with earmarks in it"

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/02/09 - 07:03 am
Como Esta" Hombre's..Ola'

Como Esta" Hombre's..Ola' Nammy, Tujeez and everyone else out there in newspaper land !

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 07:09 am
ItDoc. Goodmorning. I was

ItDoc. Goodmorning. I was just reading some of your post on the 'It gets worse' board. About hate, I like what you have to say, I totally agree. I think hate rots the soul. I've been guilty of it, and it is something I'm trying to eliminate from 'my' world. One more thing. In my home the word 'hate' is considered a cuss word. If my youngest says, mommy I hate such and such, I tell him we don't use that word, instead say, you 'dislike' something very much.:)

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/02/09 - 07:09 am
I'm blaming all of Congress

I'm blaming all of Congress but the President in his campaign said business as usual was gone and he would not support bills that were laden with earmarks. So here we go, as President he is going to vote PRESENT again by signing the lawmakers pork. I was hoping when Obama was elected that we would really have "change we can believe in" so how is that working for you?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/02/09 - 07:30 am
Let's give this analogy. Kids

Let's give this analogy. Kids (Congress) are going to try and get away with whatever they can. It's up to the parent (Obama) to reign them in.

Chad
Chad 03/02/09 - 07:47 am
The states that are refusing

The states that are refusing the money are at least looking ahead instead of the moment, that money is a one time deal who pay's for the projects after the money is gone the state taxpayers. So by the state saying they don't want the money are saving the taxpayers money in the long run. But the Uneducated or the welfare reciepient of each state only look at the moment and not the future.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 03/02/09 - 07:58 am
Ryan is closing the

Ryan is closing the breakfast!! when did this happened?

christian134
christian134 03/02/09 - 07:58 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day today...

christian134
christian134 03/02/09 - 08:01 am
Gosh gee I hate it when I

Gosh gee I hate it when I have to come back with an "I told you so" when it comes to our dear Pres. O...Now he has broken his very own campaign promises to sign a stimulus bill filled with millions in lawmakers pet projects...Way to go Pres...Way to go...

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/02/09 - 08:07 am
christian, you better watch

christian, you better watch posting stuff like that, rose will call the fbi on you for talking bad about her god

christian134
christian134 03/02/09 - 08:16 am
Morning Trouble...Oh but it

Morning Trouble...Oh but it is worth it...:-)

ITDoc
ITDoc 03/02/09 - 08:22 am
Good morning to all Rant and

Good morning to all Rant and Ravers. Have a great day and let's try to discuss without disgust.