Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:26 am
I really don't think they are

I really don't think they are lazy. They just don't want to make an effort to get themselves out of poverty. In other words, they don't want to "work" because they get their basic needs satisfied by the taxpayers.

NappyJackson
NappyJackson 03/01/09 - 11:26 am
WOOHOO! The governement is

WOOHOO! The governement is buying up banks with taxpayer money....we're expanding healthcare to non-citizens with taxpayer money...we're increasing taxes on businesses so they can pass those expenses on to midle-class taxpayers...don't worry, though, wellfare-riders, er, Obama supporters...your food stamps and handouts won't be effected

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:31 am
Doc, Your message will have

Doc, Your message will have to include Change. I suggest the slogans,"Real and Meaningful Change", "Change You Can Sink Your Teeth In" And My Personal Favorite,"What America Needs More Than Change". When you get your CC together, we'll discuss fees for intellectual material rights.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 03/01/09 - 11:42 am
And just think, he continues

And just think, he continues to add more welfare-riders, er, O supporters; I mean vote buying at its best. The dims building their voting base. Have-nothings/do-nothings will be followers that will vote for those that continue to let them be have-nothings and do-nothings and breeders. The destruction of this country.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:46 am
KSL, I know. It confounds our

KSL, I know. It confounds our "wisdom" but some people will never conform to the will of society. I mean, there are still humans living like our distant ancestors, and we allow them their rightto do so. It is we who have embraced the Ideals of modern society. The workaday job, the 2.5 kids, the house on the hill, the nice clothes, etc, etc, etc. I have tasted this modern society, and now, I would that my father had remained a lowly Alabama Plowboy from the sticks. But that is my desires, what say my brothers and sisters? My Father and my mother? The land of my ancestors is gone. Father sold it for his pleasure. But am I to judge his motives for leaving that place and never to return. This is my journey now, and maybe one day, I'll fulfill the obligations I have made to this modern Society and go "Home". I don't care what others think, I don't need all of these "amenities", and I think "modern society" is a farce upon itself. And most of its Charachters are just "Playas" shuffling for influence. And ALL of it means NOTHING. In the grand scheme of things. YES, HELL, I'm Different, BUT all of you knew THAT to begin with.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:00 pm
Spending my kids inheritance

Spending my kids inheritance one cruise at a time (and loving it)!

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 12:01 pm
Tu, my husband and I are two

Tu, my husband and I are two self-employed people who are struggling. We have seen the value of our investments decline hugely after doing the right thing and trying to provide additionally for our later years or having savings there for the rough times. Our SEP's have declined, but fortunately not since O was elected because a very smart manager has done some hedging. I'm old enough to draw SS. I wasn't going to do it, but I'm changing my mind about that. For years my father would not partake of any Senior Citizen's discount. He said he didn't need the discount, he wouldn't take it. To heck with that philosophy. He never got to know Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 12:04 pm
OT, when we came along, our

OT, when we came along, our parents sacrificed to providedus the means to take care of ourselves. We were supposed to make our own way. What the h..l happened?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 12:06 pm
This Statement is Not

This Statement is Not DIRECTED AT ANyone, just TO everyone. Yes, I AM HIGHLY intelligent, but why should I waste MY TIME. Figuring out WHAT will save "your society" from failure. When you can show no compassion for the least among you. And the minority, the greatest racists and haters of them all. What the hell do I owe you? I NEVER took anything from any of you, and yet I constantly give to your charities, for you to call ME a RACIST PIG! ALL of you need to wake up. Go look in the mirror. And see what you've become.

The Madame
The Madame 03/01/09 - 12:12 pm
I am also appalled that the

I am also appalled that the lady with the foodstamps had cash to buy liquor ands cigs, but talk about beating a dead horse on that topic

momofthree
momofthree 03/01/09 - 12:16 pm
And I was having a good day

And I was having a good day cuz the stupid egg was gone.....

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:17 pm
ksl, we did everything the

ksl, we did everything the way were were supposed to to do better than our parents. My better wasn't economically it was raising my kids better than my parents could do because they weren't equipped emotionally to do it. My sister and I turned out to be productive citizens despite our parents. I am proud to say that now my kids are grown, they want me in their lives and don't need me to be because they can take care of themselves. As far as SS goes, you should take it and the sooner the better. You paid it and should get it back. That was a 401k you contributed to. If you wait to take it at 67 instead of 62 it will take 15 years to catch up on what you lost the first 5 years. There are no guarantees any of us will be here enough time to make waiting worth it.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:18 pm
LOL...momofthree

LOL...momofthree

christian134
christian134 03/01/09 - 12:19 pm
Good afternoon all...:-)

Good afternoon all...:-)

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 12:22 pm
Yes Nwr81, It would seem that

Yes Nwr81, It would seem that one with "children" small enough to be causing others concern by leaving them alone in a car would have more responsibility than to drink Alcohol and smoke cigarettes. But in moderation, these things are reasonable. I just hope these kids are not living through hell. That is my only concern. In some apalling cases, DEFACS is clearly overbearing. In others they are Horridly blind to the suffering of children. But God will judge them on all counts. And Karma will reward them, each according to his merit.

dani
dani 03/01/09 - 12:22 pm
Obama has pulled the national

Obama has pulled the national guard troops out of N.O. finally. Imagine if Bush had done that.

christian134
christian134 03/01/09 - 12:25 pm
Now Iran wants an apology

Now Iran wants an apology from Hollywood over insulting them as a whole for movies such as "300" and "The Westler"...All the while the American writer Roxane Saberi has gone missing in Iran after she was arrested Feb. 10th for buying a bottle of wine...I find it highly insulting to the people of this our nation being told to apologize but at the same time treat women with less respect than one would have for say a "pile of pooh"...

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:25 pm
National Guard is Governor

National Guard is Governor controlled unless relinquished by the Governor to the President.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:27 pm
Where the he-l is the Tujeez

Where the he-l is the Tujeez I have read and come to know? Are you a body snatcher?

christian134
christian134 03/01/09 - 12:27 pm
dani if Bush had done that he

dani if Bush had done that he would be labeled as not only the cause and effect of Katrina but accused of being totally irresponsible since all is not well in some areas of New Orleans...

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 12:31 pm
KSL, In regards to your SS I

KSL, In regards to your SS I agree with OT. You paid it in, and it is yours, take it and use it as you see fit. If you have saved and invested in addition, that is yours also. But you should not feel any guilt over being self reliant. You worked for that money, and paid taxes on the savings interest. You will probably be taxed on the 401k withdrawals. No one has a "righteous" argument against you, in relation to your earnings and savings. Only jealousy, resentment, and coveting. It's all the rage these days.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:42 pm
oh and kls - I applaude your

oh and kls - I applaude your Father for his self-reliance but I don't see anything wrong with taking senior discounts. Unlike taxing the wealthy to distribute the wealth, the discounts are a voluntary program by most anyone who gives it. So it isn't like taking something for nothing. I see it as the businesses giving back for a possibly life-long customer loyalty.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 12:45 pm
OT, There is a fine line

OT, There is a fine line between Genius and Insanity they say. I guess sometimes, I just let one foot slip over the line. All of the "madness" of this current Government platform and its ridiculous slathering of our descendants future, along with its racist inciting that will most certainly lead to atrocities, is making me mad as hell. And the sheeple cannot see it coming and laud their destroyer on.

SIGHER
SIGHER 03/01/09 - 12:58 pm
Good afternoon, everyone!

Good afternoon, everyone! The temp is dropping and the weather map shows snow headed our way. Yahooo!

SIGHER
SIGHER 03/01/09 - 12:59 pm
gardez, I see you're up early

gardez, I see you're up early this am. Get you puter back up and running?

SIGHER
SIGHER 03/01/09 - 01:05 pm
Nope, don't wanna a free car

Nope, don't wanna a free car cuz it will probably be a lemon, a headache I do not need. Nope, don't wanna a free nanny cuz then I would have to set up nan cams all over the house. Don't need a chopper.

SIGHER
SIGHER 03/01/09 - 01:05 pm
To the last rant...who's the

To the last rant...who's the whiner? I'm confused....

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 01:08 pm
I live in northern McDuffie

I live in northern McDuffie County. It has been raining here all day(thank God). Now it is cloudy-but-bright with a 15-20MPH westerly wind(at times) and raining in tiny droplets that if it were cold enough, would be snow. I'm just hoping it doesn't come in the form of ice. If this were snow, it'd be falling at a rate of 3" per hour.The temp outside is 38 degrees and the heater is running pretty good.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 01:08 pm
Don't yall think momofthree

Don't yall think momofthree is just as cute as a speckled puppy.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 01:08 pm
Tujeez - That is totally

Tujeez - That is totally understandable but don't let them rob you of your sense of humor. To do that would allow them the win.