Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:20 am
Attitude and Perception

Attitude and Perception effect Reception.----If you go out LOOKING for a Fight, chances are, you're gonna find one.

SusieQ
SusieQ 03/01/09 - 11:25 am
williston-- you and all

williston-- you and all others that blame the mess in NO on Bush are just plain dumb. They were told to leave and didn't.
tujeez-- your 9:21 Post was agood one.SusieQ

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:33 am
Anybody snowed in yet????

Anybody snowed in yet????

Sneraul Yddad
Sneraul Yddad 03/01/09 - 11:34 am
Nammy! Please fall and slip

Nammy! Please fall and slip on some ice today.....

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 03/01/09 - 11:36 am
How many of these N O

How many of these N O freeloaders/deadbeats are still sitting on their arses and being supported by FEMA (which by the way is you and ALL the TAXPAYERS)? Making excuses and defending the actions of these freeloaders is beyond unbelieveable. They still want other people to continue to support them and pay their way while they complain about the homes that are GIVEN to them.

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:36 am
I agree, nwr. I was left

I agree, nwr. I was left countless times in the car with my siblings while my mother bought groceries. Now the fact that the taxpayer paid for card to buy groceries and the had $200 dollars for extras is an entirely different matter.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:36 am
Stupid is as stupid does.

Stupid is as stupid does. Shouldn't that be slip....then fall, kind sir

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/01/09 - 11:37 am
damn bob, you are in a sweet

damn bob, you are in a sweet mood today

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:39 am
What is Bob's problem with

What is Bob's problem with Nam?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:40 am
It's Time to Turn the Page!

It's Time to Turn the Page! Turn it for **Nammy** w00t! And A WooT! for Glowndarktatas! And A little woot! woot! for Lippy+2!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:40 am
I'm guessing she gave him his

I'm guessing she gave him his ring back at the sock hop last nite

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:41 am
It's just a sign of the times

It's just a sign of the times KSL. There's nothing wrong with leaving kids in the car for five minutes, as long as one of them is responsible. But maybe they were all toddlers. Who knows, the ranter didn't say. There is nothing wrong with children having discipline either. But, I wouldn't go spanking one of them in public. The Gustapo would definitely call DEFACS. Then they wonder why there are so many unruly children. This Society is not responsible for the state that it is in, at least that's their story. They don't want to be "responsible" for anything. They just sit cursing everyone else and say,"Don't blame me!" I do not consider myself a "part" of this Society. I have to be responsible for my actions. I have no delusions that allow me to blame my actions, or the lack thereof, on anyone or anything else. It's a tough row to hoe, but like reality, I prefer it over all of the other options. Doesn't make me better than anyone else, just makes me "different".

soldout
soldout 03/01/09 - 11:43 am
Check out todays letter to

Check out todays letter to editor on Alzheimer's where i mention a possible cure in the reader comments

pofwe
pofwe 03/01/09 - 11:43 am
willistontownsc sorry to dis

willistontownsc sorry to dis you, but come on get a fresh poltical issue. You have beaten the Katrina & Bush "horses" to death. Surely you have some recent beefs with your adversaries. Post them if you do but, "quit beating these horses," ...on behalf of PETA .

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:45 am
She is young. That's all she

She is young. That's all she really knows about.

WW1949
WW1949 03/01/09 - 11:48 am
Nwr81, I don't think people

Nwr81, I don't think people are upset because she left her children in the car. It wasn't hot so it was ok. I think they are upset because she purchased food with handouts from the taxpayers and whiskey and beer with cash. Why couldn't she use her cash to buy the food and give back the get food for free card. She is the type of person that needs to be taken off of EBT.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:52 am
So...if you receive

So...if you receive government assistance you can't drink alcohol or smoke. I'm not sure but I think if things got so bad I needed welfare I'd prolly drink & smoke a lot. Are you sure this wasn't just the poster being concerned about the welfare recepients health?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 11:55 am
I guess being Destitute is

I guess being Destitute is not without its vices, maybe if we all tried it sometimes, we might develop habits others wouldn't want to support, along with us, in our misery. In Other Words.....Let Them Eat Cake! Huh?

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:58 am
Absolutely.....doesn't that

Absolutely.....doesn't that define socialism.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:59 am
If over 50% of US citizens

If over 50% of US citizens voted for Obama, isn't this just the natural outcome?

ITDoc
ITDoc 03/01/09 - 11:59 am
Simple logical explanation:

Simple logical explanation: The lady is passing fake $100's.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 12:04 pm
What's up Doc....I don't

What's up Doc....I don't think that's it. The ranter didn't mention her appearance. I think she's a prostitute from the Harrisburg area. You figure at $5 a shot, it doesn't take her long to earn $100 each day. The liquor is just mouth wash.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:06 pm
Don't get me wrong because I

Don't get me wrong because I used to smoke and still drink occassionally but I think if she can afford to BUY alcohol and cigarettes she doesn't need MY MONEY to eat. When I was younger I saw people at the grocery store putting their groceries in two purchases, those that the food stamps would buy and those items it wouldn't. Over and over again I saw people paying cash for t-bone and other thick expensive steaks that I couldn't afford and I had a job. Again, if they can afford to buy those items THEY DON'T NEED MY MONEY!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 12:10 pm
OT, I disagree. They do need

OT, I disagree. They do need your money. They are entitled to at least as good a life style as the wealthiest among us. They were just being honest and going by the rules. You should be glad they were seperating the items.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 12:13 pm
You folks need to learn to

You folks need to learn to speak Oamaese. He won. Don't you get it???

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 12:15 pm
Gee l4PUTT I really didn't

Gee l4PUTT I really didn't see it that way. I guess I'm gratful they seperated the items. WOW the world looks so different through rose colored glasses. Thanks PUTT.

ITDoc
ITDoc 03/01/09 - 12:15 pm
Putt: ewww. (11.04)

Putt: ewww. (11.04)

WW1949
WW1949 03/01/09 - 12:18 pm
What is the first sentence in

What is the first sentence in Oamaese? I will take what I need from you to give to the lazy.

ITDoc
ITDoc 03/01/09 - 12:20 pm
Obama was elected with the

Obama was elected with the support of many white voters who believed he was the person who could help heal this country. After only a short time in office, it's become apparent to all his plans are destructive. I don't believe Obama can rely on the support of any of those same people, if they base their vote on policy. He's not unified anything. He's not been able to present plans that can be approved with bipartisan support. He just doesn't seem to be that peacemaker needed. A peacemaker will rise among the common men and offer themselves soon. At no salary either.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 12:20 pm
All I see is Coveting,

All I see is Coveting, resentment, and jealousy. The stigma the poor bare should be reason enough for us not to have these feelings.

'Do not swim' order lifted for Savannah River

Officials have lifted the "do not swim" order for the Savannah River, but questions still linger on the unknown substance's origin.