Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:23 am
HYPO- You really need that

HYPO- You really need that God to whom you refer.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:24 am
The same amount your mother

The same amount your mother gt for you and the rest of the trash she had.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:25 am
Tu you really need to KMFA.

Tu you really need to KMFA.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 10:26 am
I'm starting a fund raiser.

I'm starting a fund raiser. Hopefully we can all chip in and get williston a ground floor condo in the St Bernard parish. I was thinking something with a river view.

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/01/09 - 10:26 am
williston, the people of no

williston, the people of no were given plenty of notice, and those with brains got out, did you see the people of mississippi or florida whining cause the fedreal government was not there to save their butts??? no!!! why was that? because they have enough brains to get out of the way of a hurricane....it was the governers job to ask the fedreal government to step in and assist, they could not do it until she asked, and she refused to ask until it was to late for a lot of people, get a brain, and quit whining, what were you one of those sorry people who would not get off your butt and move when warned???? you were probably one of those who destroyed the super dome.

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 10:27 am
He is just getting fired up

He is just getting fired up so he'll feel better when he puts 10% of his wife's earnings in the tithing plate at church this morning.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:27 am
It's good to see the Gay

It's good to see the Gay Basher side of you Hypocrites. It let's everyone know where you stand. Good bite there Catfish.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/01/09 - 10:29 am
it was NO MORE than two days

it was NO MORE than two days and eight hours, idiot. 11pm August 26, 2005 was when we knew it was going to hit NOLA. On August 25, it was just making landfall in Florida as was projected to make landfall near Mexico. Get your info from something besides Fox News, jerk.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 10:33 am
So did they evacuate? If

So did they evacuate? If not....that was pretty foolish.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:33 am
TU, do not talk with

TU, do not talk with overburden and luke in your mouth. I am not bashing gays just you and your " Cut Buddies".

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:35 am
GOOBER, a name that speaks

GOOBER, a name that speaks for it's self.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 10:36 am
HYpo...let it go man...you

HYpo...let it go man...you get baited into these same senseless arguments everyday. Just say what you want, express your opinion and let others argue amongst themselves.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:37 am
I will let the klan have

I will let the klan have there little orgy. Who knows , I might have to pull their little pathetic azzes out of a burning house, should poetic justice hit them where their brains are.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:39 am
I'm sorry,sooo ssooorrryyyyy

I'm sorry,sooo ssooorrryyyyy !!! NOT !!!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:39 am
Well Hypo, I for one am very

Well Hypo, I for one am very happy you get EBT. A person fitting your description and with your vocabulary could very easily become a statistic in these modern times. You probably have the hoodie to go with that career choice too, and the white sneakers.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:40 am
PUTT, thanks for the wake up

PUTT, thanks for the wake up call. Two deaths this week has me in that zone. Even though we do not always get alone or agree, I really appreciate the slap to the face. LOL. Take care.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:47 am
Maybe I put out the wrong

Maybe I put out the wrong quote this morning.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 10:49 am
Hypo...it's not about always

Hypo...it's not about always agreeing. It's about sharing opinions and enjoying our differences

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:51 am
NEW Quote for the Day--

NEW Quote for the Day-- "Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule" ~Buddha

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 10:51 am
Ah, lil willy admitted she

Ah, lil willy admitted she was one of the lazy, ignorant, negroes of NO who failed to heed continued warnings. Was it worth that new pair of air jordans you found floating in the streeet?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:53 am
Sorry Hypo---I thought the

Sorry Hypo---I thought the God reference would "wake you up" but you were in "Offensive" mode.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 10:55 am
I feel a group hug.....

I feel a group hug.....

Waymore
Waymore 03/01/09 - 10:57 am
When help did arrrive in

When help did arrrive in N.O., who started shooting? And, when did the President send aid to Kentucky last month when the ice storms devastated that area? 4 years later, and the National Guard is FINALLY leaving NOLA. Can that cesspool survive without government troops?

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 10:57 am
Hypo, when you are speaking

Hypo, when you are speaking rationally I want to read what you say. Not interested when you go into playground mode.

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:00 am
Waymore, probably not.

Waymore, probably not. Shooting at the Mardi Gra parade?

KSL
KSL 03/01/09 - 11:06 am
What I would like to know is

What I would like to know is why every decent, hard working, tax-paying black citizen of this country is not absolutely livid with the behavior of the scum of their race---the gangstas, welfare cheats, deadbeat dads and moms, druggies, etc. I have contempt for them, but not as much as for those same types who are members of my race, who had a head start on bettering themselves.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 03/01/09 - 11:12 am
Gangsta rap & black hip hop

Gangsta rap & black hip hop could never have suceeded without white kids buying their CD and supporting them. Blacks represent about 16% of the population and that is just not enough folks to push these guys to stardom. I am certainly no supporter of any of this so called music, but...let's put the blame where it belongs. And if as a parent you aren't aware of what your kids are buying with their disposable income that you provide....shame on you.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 11:12 am
HYPO, I didn't say anything

HYPO, I didn't say anything against your wife. I'm glad she makes a lot. Most everyone's goal in life is to do well. I was cracking on you, not her, in you letting her be the breadwinner. Your warped interpretation of what people actually say astounds me.

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 11:16 am
Put, I agree, white kids do

Put, I agree, white kids do buy that trash--by the truckload, but you are wrong if you think 30+ million people can't push someone to stardom!

The Madame
The Madame 03/01/09 - 11:19 am
What is wrong with leaving

What is wrong with leaving kids in the car or 5 minutes? All liquor stores I have ever seen have clear glass fronts, she could see them thwe whole time.

If she had taken her kids in with her the rant would have been about having kids in a liquor store, quit stalkin' and mind your own business I say

Pearl the obese dog gradually losing weight

After six months in the care of DNA rescue and through a careful rehabilitation program, Pearl has lost 15.7 pounds, down from the 76.5 she weighed when she was found as a stray on Kensington ...