Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 03/01/09 - 08:54 pm
rose... why don't you stop?

rose... why don't you stop? You ask for everything you get. Let it go. Go talk with your husband of 42 years since he's better company.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 08:57 pm
InChristLove. YES! Thank

InChristLove. YES! Thank you. I need all the prayers I can get. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. (even though, one may not believe that with some of my post), but none the less. thanks.:)

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/01/09 - 08:58 pm
rose, i feel sorry for your

rose, i feel sorry for your "man", and because i dont need one to make me whole makes me more of a woman than you can ever hope to be, you are just jealous

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 08:58 pm
I wish I had a husband of 42

I wish I had a husband of 42 years who I could talk to and hang with. That would be so cool. Never take it for granted.

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/01/09 - 09:01 pm
you seem overly obcessed with

you seem overly obcessed with my divorce rose, could it be that you are jealous that you have not done it yet?

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 09:02 pm
Come on People Now, Smile ON

Come on People Now, Smile ON Your Brother, Everybody Get Together Try And Love One Another RIGHT Now...(that song was just playing on Forest Gump). Nite, I'm outta here. PEACE.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 09:04 pm
Told ya she runs when she

Told ya she runs when she doesn't have a good answer. She can only converse with someone who agrees with her and doesn't challenge her mentally. Poor woman :(

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 09:55 pm
Good night Mrs. Calabash

Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are.

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 03/02/09 - 12:43 am
The older and the more feeble

The older and the more feeble we get the easier it is to take the plunge into oblivion. I am sure that if I get very much older and/or debilitated ...in other words if my quality of life is such that I wish to end it no one better try to stop me because I would not think twice about taking them with me. Remember fundmentailest Christians get an asbestos body to burn in for eternity. Have a pleasant day and pass it on.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/02/09 - 02:26 am
oooooooooooK

oooooooooooK

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/02/09 - 06:09 am
Nowhere in the Bible does it

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that suicide is a sin.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/02/09 - 10:56 am
Rose is 60. You

Rose is 60. You conservatives are dumber than a bucket of rocks. No wonder why you were swept out of power.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 03/02/09 - 11:43 am
Sooooo. What is your point?

Sooooo. What is your point? Again, another senseless post by willi.

Rose
Rose 03/02/09 - 12:28 pm
Good morning gardez and

Good morning gardez and williston. Yep I turned 61 in January,and am far from old and feeble.overburdened, suicide is killing. Thou shalt not kill.If you choose to end your life, that is between you and God.