Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 09:43 am
You know that some people are

You know that some people are too ignorant to even respond to. You wish your wife had the income mine does.

pofwe
pofwe 03/01/09 - 09:48 am
It's obvious that the lady

It's obvious that the lady seen at Food Lion & the liguor store, needs a nanny also. Maybe she could run the errands & leave the kids at home. Or Food Lion should sell liquor so WIC users can save on gas. Just saying ...

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 09:48 am
So HYPO you are living off

So HYPO you are living off your wife. How progressive of you.

NappyJackson
NappyJackson 03/01/09 - 09:57 am
Whining Republicans? Please

Whining Republicans? Please forgive us for voicing displeasure/concern over the irresponsible policies of the new administration. America is being sold a bill of goods but Conservatives are smart enough to recognize it as just that. For all the President Obama supporters, let me ask one simple questions: Besides being a great orator (he talks good, for you Dems) what has this man done that warrants being president? Please don't say he's going to "change" things. That much is clear. What is it about this "plan" that you are excited about? Unless you are a freeloader that contributes nothing to society, I'd really like your insight.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 09:57 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Peeps, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, Goober, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lipstick+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner and 44mag! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 09:58 am
Yep, wasn't hard to hook that

Yep, wasn't hard to hook that big lipped catfish!!!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 09:58 am
Quote For Today--- "Some

Quote For Today--- "Some things have to be believed to be seen." ~ Ralph Hodgson

DEVGRU
DEVGRU 03/01/09 - 10:00 am
TO THE WHINER WHO

TO THE WHINER WHO WROTE------WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.
We are still at war with those who killed close to 3000 of us. He is sending them where they should have been a long time ago. Something is wrong when people think we should just roll over and play dead when we are attacked. Do you think they will?????

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:06 am
I see the Secessionist

I see the Secessionist Movement is starting up again. Maybe the slaves are becomig educated. Everyone KNOWS secession always happens over slavery. No matter what History says.

NappyJackson
NappyJackson 03/01/09 - 10:06 am
Attacked? The Afghans and

Attacked? The Afghans and Iraqis weren't involved in 9-11. What would you expect America to do if another country invaded our homeland? I thought the Constitution says we are to provide for the common DEFENSE, not OFFENSE.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/01/09 - 10:08 am
SwampGhost, Obama wanted them

SwampGhost, Obama wanted them home from IRAQ, NOT Afghanistan. So, you are the one that is not being honest here

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:09 am
Goodmorning Nammy, Tujeez and

Goodmorning Nammy, Tujeez and everyone else !! Have a wet but good day !!!

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/01/09 - 10:09 am
George Bush was NEVER my

George Bush was NEVER my president. And I hope he and his kindred burn in hell for allowing more than a thousand people to die in the aftermath of Katrina.

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/01/09 - 10:10 am
This nation is a great

This nation is a great nation. For the first time in my adult life, I am proud.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:10 am
Remember : Rock and Roll

Remember : Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution !!!!!!

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 10:13 am
idiot, also known as

idiot, also known as williston. The people of new Orleans had four days notice to get out. THEY CHOSE NOT TOO, IS THAT TOO HARD FOR YOUR PEA BRAIN TO FIGURE OUT. If your brain was gasoline, it would not be enough to fire off a pissants motor scooter!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 10:14 am
willistontownsc has been

willistontownsc has been drinking Michelle Obama's kool-aid again.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:15 am

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 10:15 am
Looks like a very blissful

Looks like a very blissful day in the neighborhood. There should be lots of missing person reports from local villages.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:17 am
wOOt turn the the page

wOOt turn the the page !!!!!!!

willistontownsc
willistontownsc 03/01/09 - 10:17 am
to the idiot name

to the idiot name lukeslywalker, they didn't have four days to leave -- they had only half that time, two days. Four days previous was August 25. And we didn't know until very late August 26 that Katrina was going to hit NOLA. And even if they had all left, Bush and his ilk was NOT going to help them out. I knew that right from the get-go.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:18 am
To you Overburden and your

To you Overburden and your punk azz friend. Now you chose to bring my family member in even though I had not said a word about yours. It show was a punk azz fa---t you are. Now if you wish to talk about me feel free to do so or I can come down to your level and trade insults back and forth about wives and children?

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:19 am
Maybe the lady got more

Maybe the lady got more foodstamps than Hypo ... Shame,shame....

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:21 am
I see the to butt buddies

I see the to butt buddies overburden and lukeazzkisser are teaming up today. I guess you two downlow queens make a good tag team partners.

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 10:21 am
4 days idiot, but even if

4 days idiot, but even if were two days as you proclaim, what's the problem with that? and they had the means to transport them out--remember all the flooded transit and school busses. If they were too sorry or lazy, their azzes should have floated! If you recall, which I know that pea brain wont, it was the gov and mayor who did not ask for federal aid and in fact, refused it until they thought they could make political hay! Get a life or go back to school and learn something besides what you heare on MSNBC.

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 10:21 am
If some of these folks

If some of these folks actually belive the tripe they are posting this morning, I can (unfortunately) understand how Obama was elected. Amazing! It makes me want to go buy a Weekly World News tabloid to get closer to some facts.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 03/01/09 - 10:21 am
Willis, I guess you would see

Willis, I guess you would see it that way. Maybe if the DEM leadership in New Orleans had used some of the money they stole through corruption to run all of those Yellow School Buses we saw flooded out, they could have evacuated the ignorant. I believe the words the mandatory evacuation patrol they sent around was,"Here, here's a Sharpie pen, when the Hurricane starts, take this pen and write your SS# on your body, so we can Identify your body." If that wasn't enough of a warning to tell them that the spoils of looting weren't worth the risks of staying behind, then they must have been pretty desperate and destitute to begin with. Why Willis, in the eye of Democratic Control(GOV and Mayor both DEM) were these people in such a state of desperation?

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 03/01/09 - 10:21 am
Or he could't afford as fine

Or he could't afford as fine a liquor as the lady with the 100 dollar bill hehe

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 10:22 am
Hip how much ebt do you get

Hip how much ebt do you get for the brats?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 10:23 am
Dang a threesome. Jock

Dang a threesome. Jock sniffer AKA rocknroll, has made it a threesome. Yes I use my EBT card every 1st of the month. Now does that make you feel better.