Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

YOU WANT A FREE CAR, a free nanny and a helicopter? Just fill out a job application to be a bailed-out Wall Street banker or a Congress person. Remember, everything is free for everybody except for taxpayers.

WHEN OUR BRAND-NEW president was campaigning he promised to bring our troops home if elected. Now he's ordered thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan. This is not what I would call honesty.

A BIG RAVE FOR Michelle at LensCrafters. She is so friendly.

YOU ARE RIGHT, Sen. Graham. You are not an idiot to accept the stimulus money. You are stupid, though, for voting against it.

IT COSTS A LOT of money for Obama to fly around the country to meet with his idolizers to feed his ego.

I DON'T SMOKE anymore, but I still think that the cigarette tax is the most unfair tax this country has ever levied.

THIS IS A RANT to all the retired personnel with the Aiken County school system. Move over gracefully and let the younger generation take your place. They need jobs.

RANT FOR THE LADY at Food Lion that had a cart full and three kids. Paid for them with a food stamp card, then paid for cigarettes and beer and wine with a $100 dollar bill. That's not really why I'm upset. What I'm upset about is then she went across the street to the liquor store, paid for that with another $100 dollar bill, and she left her three kids in the car while she was in the liquor store.

WHY WOULD Georgia Power customers have to pay more for something that they haven't even started building yet when Georgia Power is the biggest bill we have in the mail so far?

GEORGIA AND THE REST of the South need to secede from the Union. People are fed up with Washington's bad decisions.

THANK YOU, Augusta Chronicle, for all that you do for our community. You do what lawyers can't do. Plus you are a lot cheaper than lawyers with all their fees.

I WANT TO SEND a huge rave out to the respiratory department at Doctors Hospital for all the care that was given to me while I was a patient there last week.

BARACK OBAMA IS president -- mine and yours. So get over it, you whining Republicans. It's a new day, so deal with it.

Nammy
Nammy 03/01/09 - 01:43 am
Hmm, shall

Hmm, shall I?...lol...nah...
good morning Goober, Tujeez, RocknRoll and all ya'll! WooT/tatas! Have a great day! (':

Nammy
Nammy 03/01/09 - 01:47 am
Maybe just a tad too

Maybe just a tad too friendly? Something about that just doesn't sound right....lol. Could have found a better word, perhaps? lol

As It Is
As It Is 03/01/09 - 02:09 am
This stimulus package is just

This stimulus package is just as bad or worse than what the Bush administration and congress approved for the banks. All our government is doing is overtaxing the hard working citizens and small business owners (number 1 employers in America) who in turn will have lay offs, etc. in order to make up their losses. As for cutting taxes, what a joke. Taxes are being raised on gas, homes, cigarettes, alcohol, telephones, cablevision, cell phones, and many other items in most states and local araeas, including ours. In the long run, the minimal amount recuded by the Federal Government will only benefit those who make nothing and take tax credits. This is rewarding those who aren't working and have more children and taking away from those who took risks to start small businesses and employe others. This stimulus package is ridiculous as well as all of these others taxes, fees, increased permits to do anything, etc.

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 03/01/09 - 02:50 am
I don't approve of anyone

I don't approve of anyone leaving kids in the car alone, but since you had nothing else to do but watch what she paid with and what she purchased, even following her across the street and again monitoring her purchase and looking over her shoulder to see that she paid with another $100.00 bill, why did you do your civic duty and call 911.

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 03/01/09 - 02:52 am
well what I meant was why

well what I meant was why DIDN'T you call 911

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 03/01/09 - 03:09 am
Arial10 ptGeneational welfare

Arial10 ptGeneational welfare people don't try to save. They think that the money , food clothing shelter and health care services will be free forever. Obama, our first Mulatto president is going to give them a rude awakening. Like he said the time for change is now. President Obama should be a every Americans speech role module because he is so will spoken. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/memphis-crime Geneational welfare people don't try to save. They think that the money , food clothing shelter and health care services will be free forever. Obama, our first Mulatto president is going to give them a rude awakening. Like he said the time for change is now. President Obama should be a every Americans speech role model because he is so will spoken. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/memphis-crime

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 04:20 am
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah so it

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah so it is! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 05:10 am
Newt was absolutely right

Newt was absolutely right yesterday when he said "Obama said if you make under $250,000 that you would not pay higher taxes....unless, of course you use electricity. You won't pay higher taxes....unless you use heating oil. You won't pay higher taxes....unless you use natural or propane gas. You won't pay higher taxes....unless you use gasoline." - since Obama plans the biggest tax increase in energy costs ever!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 03/01/09 - 05:30 am
Obama said his spending would

Obama said his spending would transparent. Good, I want to know what the dinner party at the Whitehouse for Stevie Wonder cost us tax payers? Every president always does this. It's their way of getting to hang with the famous & we tax payers foot the bill. Obama was not the first to do it, they all do it. Even a president can be a GROUPIE!

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 05:40 am
Wow! - I'm glad you didn't

Wow! - I'm glad you didn't say "Good, I want to SEE what the dinner party at the Whitehouse for Stevie Wonder cost us tax payers?"

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 03/01/09 - 06:04 am
hussein lied to you??!!??

hussein lied to you??!!?? surprise!surprise!surprise!

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:12 am
She went across the street to

She went across the street to the liquor store and paid with ANOTHER 100 dollar bill. Yeah, that is pretty crappy. Although, I'm just curious, how do YOU know? Oh, and Good Morning World. Thank you for another Day. PEACE.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:14 am
Stevie Wonder playing at the

Stevie Wonder playing at the White House. Pretty Cool.

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:15 am
Nah...I just want a free car

Nah...I just want a free car and a free Nanny, don't need the helicopter...he...(ducking head) jes jokin!!

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:20 am
Better Take your inner child

Better Take your inner child and kick it's lil azz, and Get Over It....That last rant reminded me of that old song, hmmm...was it Don Henley? Ok bye to all my fans, gotta git to work. Do have an awesome day, and TRY not to let the LOVE get out of hand. LOL. God Bless. :)

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:26 am
Oh, one more thing I forgot.

Oh, one more thing I forgot. I can relate to that 5th rant. Man I got jet lag somethin terrible. giggggggggggggle.........................................................................................................................

gardez la foi
gardez la foi 03/01/09 - 06:27 am
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

rbk
rbk 03/01/09 - 07:02 am
You democrats sure knew how

You democrats sure knew how to whine all the time when Bush was your and our president, and you still haven't got over it!

Goober
Goober 03/01/09 - 07:09 am
rbk - G'mornin LOL! I thought

rbk - G'mornin LOL! I thought of that at 4:20, but I figured I'd leave an opening like that for somebody else to pounce on. Nicely done.

Jillian
Jillian 03/01/09 - 07:12 am
If you saw children abandoned

If you saw children abandoned in a car while the mom went in the store to buy liquor and you didn't call the authorities then you are just as bad as she is.

TroubIe
TroubIe 03/01/09 - 07:14 am
morning all

morning all

corgimom
corgimom 03/01/09 - 07:20 am
Morning, y'all, especially

Morning, y'all, especially Tujeez. When I was growing up, my parents left all five of us in the car all the time. We three older ones were expected to take care of the two younger ones.

momofthree
momofthree 03/01/09 - 07:34 am
Ok dare I say it, no eggs for

Ok dare I say it, no eggs for breakfast today???? Has that blaset egg run its course??? I hope so.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 03/01/09 - 07:36 am
What did you do? Follow the

What did you do? Follow the lady around town to see what she was spending? Sounds like a stalker to me.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 03/01/09 - 07:55 am
Sounds like he was just doing

Sounds like he was just doing what social services is paid to do but can't get off their fat behinds long enough!

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 03/01/09 - 08:08 am
Since hypo insists on chiming

Since hypo insists on chiming in, must have been his wife!!!! Hope she got you your 40 hip!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 08:31 am
CBBP - Social services

CBBP - Social services employment is nothing more than being on welfare themselves with a place to go sit every day.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 08:33 am
Cut out all welfare employees

Cut out all welfare employees and offices and all welfare then the federal deficit would balance within the year.

kiki123
kiki123 03/01/09 - 08:35 am
For the woman ranting about

For the woman ranting about the other Lady paying with food stamps and buying cigarettes with a 100 dollar bill, ok, I got it, but for the liquor store, did you follow her and see that once more she was paying with another 100 dollar bill, are you insane or just nurs?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 03/01/09 - 08:36 am
Look the Prez has made such a

Look the Prez has made such a shambles of the economy that his wife works a second job at Lenscrafters (see #3). She should quit and give the job to someone on welfare.

State legislators won't push bill for mayor

The state legislators that Augusta Mayor Hardie Davis needs to draft legislation that will give him more power say that won’t happen this year, with less than a month remaining in the legislative ...