Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I CAN'T BELIEVE someone complained about the "Fat Lady" headline. It's a well-known fact that female opera singers tend to be on the hefty side.

I WOULD LIKE to put in a grateful rave for Michael, who went out of his way to help my husband and I when our fan quit running while on post. Thank you, Michael. We will always remember your kindness. Please put this in the rave column. This young man is a wonderful man and has spent four tours in Iraq.

I want to know why they won't bring down the grocery prices so we can get more stuff that we need instead of just picking over a few things.

MY PET PEEVE is people that leave political stickers on their cars long after the election is over, especially the presidential election, and further than that, the people that voted for McCain. It's over. McCain's probably not going to run in 2012. So please take them off.

JUST WANTED TO SAY thanks to the gentleman who found keys in the Hill Station Post Office on Stovall Street and returned them to me. Thanks again for your kindness.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND the law. If Michael Vick had killed a human being he would have been out of jail and playing football again, but killing a dog you get more time than you do for killing a human being.

YOU KNOW THERE'S something wrong in this country when Bernard Madoff can sit in his luxury apartment after robbing thousands of people and ruining thousands of peoples' lives, but yet don't you get caught smoking marijuana. We'll put you in jail.

IF AUGUSTA PUT security cameras everywhere on Broad Street and Walton Way and all the other busy areas downtown, we would all have a safer city.

REGARDING ALL THE retired teachers that are being let go. I say: "Tough luck." They were already taking way too much of the taxpayers' money by being able to claim retirement and continue to work for a salary. It's unfortunate that they lost their jobs, but it had to happen.

IF SHERIFF RONALD STRENGTH and the commissioners know who the gangs are that are causing all these problems at these teen clubs, why don't they pick up the Harrisburg Posse and Southside Boys that are causing all of these problems? Why should the kids that are trying to have a clean good time suffer for what these gangs are doing?

THE MANAGERS OF movie theaters in the area need to start doing their jobs and start making sure that disabled people are allowed to have the proper seats in their theaters.

kiddspur
kiddspur 02/28/09 - 01:54 pm
The secret of a good post on

The secret of a good post on R&R is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible! ! ! !

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 01:59 pm
Good advice, Kidd. I'll try

Good advice, Kidd. I'll try to keep it in the future. Maybe it'll cause me to post so many times I can tell the AC to go to hell for next year's "most frequent poster" story. Thanks.

As It Is
As It Is 02/28/09 - 02:06 pm
Ok, I agree, the Egg Add is a

Ok, I agree, the Egg Add is a pain. But is it really so diffiuctl to click close on the add? We have the privledge of reading the paper online without any fees, we are allowed to voice our opinions without being charged, etc. The AC is a business and if they want to keep their operations going they must come up with every type of advertising possible. If you keep ranting and the advitisers think it is a waste of money, they will leave and either you will pay to read online or it will no longer exsist. Maybe the Chronicle should offer an option of $50.00 per year to read the paper online without any adds for those who don't wish to be bothered.

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:18 pm
Good afternoon World. Thanks

Good afternoon World. Thanks for another day. PEACE.

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:20 pm
SIGHER. Say it ain't

SIGHER. Say it ain't so.....you are starting to sound like (whispering) them.....

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:26 pm
Hey, I've got an idea, can we

Hey, I've got an idea, can we stop labeling folks personalities as being Democrat, or republican. Like saying oh, they must be Dems cause of the way they talk or they must be a rep cause of this and that. It all is sounding so kids on the playground nanna nanna boo booing back and forth. come on now, enough of politics and being meany bo beanies.

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:28 pm
Hey the egg add does stink,

Hey the egg add does stink, but it's got all our attention. That's what they wanted.

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:30 pm
I don't think Rose is a board

I don't think Rose is a board killer, come on now y'all. (shaking head).

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 02:39 pm
just curious, what does it

just curious, what does it 'make' one if they are a Dem and Live in Richmond Cty, or a Rep who lives in Columbia Cty, or a Rep who lives in Richmond Cty, and so on.....after all, folks become the Cty they live in too, don't they? Just like the political thingy. LOL!!!!!!!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 02:41 pm

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 02:41 pm
w00t! turn it!

w00t! turn it!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 02:45 pm
You are, as well...lol

You are, as well...lol

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 03:32 pm
gardez, I have no idea what

gardez, I have no idea what you are talking about. I am having some fun chatting with some folks on here. Sorry if that offends you. I try real hard not to offend people. You have said things I did not agree with as have others.....didn't stop you from posting. So, I will do as the Romans did. I still love ya, though!

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 03:36 pm
Hi Sydney. I know what I

Hi Sydney. I know what I speak of, I won't go in to details on this board, as I'm trying to be a kinder gentler version of 'me'. lol. It's just the Dems v Rep crap I get sick of. In fact all the political mumbo jumbo is getting worn out. That's what I meant (whisper) thingy. I don't have a lot in common with the folks on this board, and that's ok, I never will, and don't want to. I've always sided with the underdog from as far back as I can remember, I don't mean any disrespect to the 'others'. :) luv you too. (wink)

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 03:42 pm
Oh, and it doesn't offend me

Oh, and it doesn't offend me you are having fun chatting with the folks on this board. :)

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 03:45 pm
BTW...what DID the Romans

BTW...what DID the Romans do?????

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 03:51 pm
gardez, I know you better

gardez, I know you better than you think I do. I know you are an 'underdog' kinda person. Your 'kinder, gentler' version is the one I know has been there all along. You just seemed to lose it there for a while, while on this board. The political banter has been going on since the beginning of time. I don't think it's going away anytime soon.......In the meantime, I'm just gonna have fun...... Hey, been trying to call ya. Ring me when you have a chance.

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 03:54 pm
lol! whatever Romans

lol! whatever Romans do/did...wear robes and funny helmuts, eat grapes...IDK!

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 04:03 pm
Yeah well I couldn't/can't

Yeah well I couldn't/can't stand seeing a big group of folks picking on select/ people so bad..I don't like it now, but am not so verbal as I was. I keep that part to myself now. I'm trying to keep the positive flowing and not let myself get so caught up in the 'hate', is the best word I can come up with. I know the folks they pick on are NOT by any means perfect either, but the 'big' group take it to a different level, it's hard to explain, but I think you understand. I saw your name on the ID, I was lying down. My answer machine was unplugged ???, by accident. I've got some errands, I'll call you later. :)

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 04:06 pm
k

k

Goober
Goober 02/28/09 - 05:20 pm
Yeah yeah

Yeah yeah

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/28/09 - 05:50 pm
Follow up to my earlier post

Follow up to my earlier post concerning Milton Reuben and American cars. The part about Milton Reuben service stands. I never intend to take another vehicle to him for service. They should have properly diagnosed the problem the first time. I did purchase that vehicle used and it may have been a case of the previous owner not keeping up with the routine maint. I now have a 97 Dodge Intrepid. Unfortunately it has to go to Marc Younts next week because of a leaking fuel injector. But it does have 180,000 miles on it. First real problem I have had with it.

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 06:05 pm
That poor soul still hadn't

That poor soul still hadn't gotten their seat at the Movie Theatre YET? That is pretty slack.........

gardez la foi 02/28/09 - 06:20 pm
I think he went to Mr. Cash

I think he went to Mr. Cash for his money, then to Title Pawn to pick up his birth certificate.

lukeslywalker
lukeslywalker 02/28/09 - 06:57 pm
Obamaman and his dem cohorts,

Obamaman and his dem cohorts, Pelosi, reed, frank, dobbs need a course in basic economics--you cannot borrow yourself out of debt. Although, they are intent on proving that axiom!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 07:14 pm
Go Rush Limbaugh!!! (CPAC)

Go Rush Limbaugh!!! (CPAC) w00t!!

ctrobins
ctrobins 02/28/09 - 07:16 pm
Rant to Bedden Laney is a

Rant to Bedden Laney is a great school under Dr Welcher, No violence, great teachers with a strick principal, but he is kool now you are taking him away, I am very proud of Laney and the History of the School now you are trying to destroy that history. Rant to you Bedden.

Rose
Rose 02/28/09 - 07:52 pm
That egg is so cute!

That egg is so cute!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 08:05 pm
Board killer....

Board killer....

KSL
KSL 02/28/09 - 08:49 pm
Rose, if you use Foxfire, you

Rose, if you use Foxfire, you don't have to put up with the egg that much. I guess it can be cute once. I need to switch to foxfire at work. Just haven't done it yet.