Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I CAN'T BELIEVE someone complained about the "Fat Lady" headline. It's a well-known fact that female opera singers tend to be on the hefty side.

I WOULD LIKE to put in a grateful rave for Michael, who went out of his way to help my husband and I when our fan quit running while on post. Thank you, Michael. We will always remember your kindness. Please put this in the rave column. This young man is a wonderful man and has spent four tours in Iraq.

I want to know why they won't bring down the grocery prices so we can get more stuff that we need instead of just picking over a few things.

MY PET PEEVE is people that leave political stickers on their cars long after the election is over, especially the presidential election, and further than that, the people that voted for McCain. It's over. McCain's probably not going to run in 2012. So please take them off.

JUST WANTED TO SAY thanks to the gentleman who found keys in the Hill Station Post Office on Stovall Street and returned them to me. Thanks again for your kindness.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND the law. If Michael Vick had killed a human being he would have been out of jail and playing football again, but killing a dog you get more time than you do for killing a human being.

YOU KNOW THERE'S something wrong in this country when Bernard Madoff can sit in his luxury apartment after robbing thousands of people and ruining thousands of peoples' lives, but yet don't you get caught smoking marijuana. We'll put you in jail.

REGARDING ALL THE retired teachers that are being let go. I say: "Tough luck." They were already taking way too much of the taxpayers' money by being able to claim retirement and continue to work for a salary. It's unfortunate that they lost their jobs, but it had to happen.

IF SHERIFF RONALD STRENGTH and the commissioners know who the gangs are that are causing all these problems at these teen clubs, why don't they pick up the Harrisburg Posse and Southside Boys that are causing all of these problems? Why should the kids that are trying to have a clean good time suffer for what these gangs are doing?

THE MANAGERS OF movie theaters in the area need to start doing their jobs and start making sure that disabled people are allowed to have the proper seats in their theaters.

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 10:18 am
No problemo, RockN! I just

No problemo, RockN! I just saw it waiting. I'll turn it for Nammy one of these days. LOL!

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 10:19 am
Yeah, I thought about

Yeah, I thought about deleting mine but didn't want to do that to RockN ;)

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 10:21 am
nah-I wouldn't either (I save

nah-I wouldn't either (I save that for someone that really doesn't want to see me do it) lol....I like your style....(':

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 10:25 am
lmao!

lmao!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 10:26 am
Yeah, I'm good like

Yeah, I'm good like that....lol.

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 10:26 am
Hoss: I'm sorry for that.

Hoss: I'm sorry for that. I'll try to be more considerate next time. But isn't that new Shinedown CD awesome?

Hoss4
Hoss4 02/28/09 - 10:34 am
I thought that was you ITDoc.

I thought that was you ITDoc. It certainly is!

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 10:41 am
Five Finger Death Punch is

Five Finger Death Punch is really putting some good stuff out too.

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 10:42 am
It was probably Rammstein.

It was probably Rammstein. That has some killer drum riffs too.

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 02/28/09 - 10:48 am
This is worth repeating;" IF

This is worth repeating;" IF AUGUSTA PUT security cameras everywhere on Broad Street and Walton Way and all the other busy areas downtown, we would all have a safer city."

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 02/28/09 - 10:54 am
"Citing privacy concerns, the

"Citing privacy concerns, the Cambridge, Mass. City Council has voted 9-0 to remove security cameras scattered throughout the city. 'Because of the slow erosion of our civil liberties since 9/11, it is important to raise questions regarding these cameras,' said Marjorie Decker, a Cambridge city councilor. Rather than citing privacy, WCBVTV is running the story under the headline 'City's Move To Nix Security Cams May Cost Thousands Maybe we can get them to donate the camera equiptment to Augusta, GA

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 11:05 am
Sarge: That's a huge problem.

Sarge: That's a huge problem. It seems we've forgotten sometimes the greater public good must supercede the objections of "big brotherhood".

1941
1941 02/28/09 - 11:30 am
My stickers of Obama for

My stickers of Obama for president, will remain on my car until after he runs in 2012!! What is your problem, concerning yourself with what's on someone's else's car? I would think that you would have something better to worry about, than what is own someones else's car!!!

uptheseventhplanet
uptheseventhplanet 02/28/09 - 11:36 am
Individuals have no rights

Individuals have no rights that someone else must pay for.

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/28/09 - 11:40 am
My stickers of Obama for

Posted by mimsy on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 AM *** How do you feel about the rant concerning McCain stickers?

jwatkins75
jwatkins75 02/28/09 - 11:56 am
About the retired teacher

About the retired teacher comment...those teachers came out of retirement to make sure that your children and grandchildren were not in over-crowded classrooms and to ensure that they receive a quality education. Otherwise, it would have been our future's "tough luck"! Without an education, you are nothing!

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 02/28/09 - 12:01 pm
i4putt,i will give you an

i4putt,i will give you an example of the american press biased attitude toward american cars .in the early 90s i worked at fairway ford,well the explorer had just come out and we were curious about how they rated it .we bought a copy of consumer reports to look it up,well they were very unflatering on the explorer ,they rated it poor across the board,well just for kicks and giggles we also looked up the mazda navajo,well guess what ,it rated exellent across the board.THE DAMN THINGS ROLL DOWN THE SAME ASEMBLY LINE .one gets ford badging one get mazda badging .so dont tell me the press is not biased ,i havent trusted consumer reports since.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/28/09 - 12:04 pm
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Crew, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, Goober, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lipstick+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner and 44mag! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/28/09 - 12:06 pm
Quote for the Day..."You Must

Quote for the Day..."You Must be the Change you wish to see in the world." ~Gandhi

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 12:30 pm
Excellent quote from Gandhi,

Excellent quote from Gandhi, Tu!.....And so true!

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 12:33 pm
Mimsy, meowrrrr, phssst,

Mimsy, meowrrrr, phssst, phssst!

Rose
Rose 02/28/09 - 12:41 pm
That egg is so cute!

That egg is so cute!

Nammy
Nammy 02/28/09 - 12:50 pm
Board killer!!............

Board killer!!............

Rose
Rose 02/28/09 - 12:51 pm
I use modzilla firefox

I use modzilla firefox browser, and I still get to see the egg ad, but not every time I refresh the page.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/28/09 - 12:53 pm
SIGHER, Thanks, I only wish

SIGHER, Thanks, I only wish the Obam and the DEMs and their sheeple could wrap their mind around it. But this damn Genie is refusing to come out of the lamp! He says he's still working on my first wish!

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 01:07 pm
Yup, I can see him sitting n

Yup, I can see him sitting n there on his comfy pillows saying "Mwaha, Bwaha, I ain't comin out, Suckas!" They'll never get it.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/28/09 - 01:10 pm
He says he's still working on

He says he's still working on my first wish.......I asked him to give them all a brain!

SIGHER
SIGHER 02/28/09 - 01:17 pm
LOL! Good luck getting that

LOL! Good luck getting that wish granted!

minime
minime 02/28/09 - 01:27 pm
to the "teacher ranter": when

to the "teacher ranter": when did you drop out? did your teacher try to encourage your lazy, stupid self to keep trying? how long have you been out of jail & back on the street? do something & go back to jail or get your bum butt x'd.

kiddspur
kiddspur 02/28/09 - 01:31 pm
I4PUTT. better be careful

I4PUTT. better be careful with dem clock statements, RCR will want to argue that you are trying to make a racist statement ---