Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER Regency Mall separated south Augusta and downtown or east Augusta and it was a privilege to live in south Augusta. We made it to the White House. Now it's time for Evans, Ga.

ANOTHER RAVE FOR Donna Herron at CSRA Federal Credit Union. Donna has helped me through many financial situations when no one else would.

THE ONLY ONES who haven't cut their budget this year is the Augusta Coliseum Authority.

LAST YEAR THE increased cost of gasoline at the pump was blamed on the high cost of oil. This year the increased cost of gasoline at the pump is blamed on the low cost of oil. What a load of crap. It is unrestricted profit taking and nothing more. You would be amazed how much the refineries and retailers are marking fuel up now.

IF YOU THINK you are going to get an income tax refund at the end of the year, think again. They are cutting them off it seems like in every state, and if you're smart just don't let them take anything out of your check. Pay it at the end of the year, because you're not going to get it back if you're planning on that.

RAVE FOR Eisenhower Medical Center. My husband suffered a stroke, and the doctors, staff and everyone there were wonderful, and they took extremely good care of my husband.

I WISH TO GIVE a rave to the caring compassionate pharmacist at Barney's Pharmacy. Jason stayed on the phone for over 15 minutes to give me life-saving information concerning my parents' medications. Ever wonder why so many patients use this pharmacy?

NICE PICTURE OF kids singing at the Richmond County school system All County Elementary Chorus. Amazing that the ACLU hasn't taken those kids (a public school group) to court for singing "sacred" songs.

WITH GOVERNMENT top heavy everywhere, "top senators" (in Georgia) want a "new" agency to work on road construction. They "hope" it will get roads built faster than the DOT, already a government agency. Much simpler would be to fire all the top honchos in the DOT and move their assistants into the top jobs, with the promise that they, too, will get fired if they don't do a first-class job.

sawgrass
sawgrass 02/26/09 - 02:15 am
I did it.

I did it.

Nammy
Nammy 02/26/09 - 02:36 am
Good morning Goober, Tujeez,

Good morning Goober, Tujeez, RocknRoll and ya'll! WooT! Have a good day! Later....w00t! (':

NEone
NEone 02/26/09 - 03:07 am
A rant for Eisenhower. I

A rant for Eisenhower. I hope my family never needs their services again. They didn't provide good care on multiple occasions and my daughter will have lasting issues because of it. Shame on them.

NEone
NEone 02/26/09 - 03:09 am
"RANT FOR YOU because you

"RANT FOR YOU because you never print my rants about Obama. How will people know what to think about him if you don't print what I have to say?" Who says anyone wants to hear what you think?

brianw
brianw 02/26/09 - 03:27 am
Note to self: Stay the heck

Note to self: Stay the heck away from Washington Road for the next two or three months.

As It Is
As It Is 02/26/09 - 03:49 am
Love the last rant and it

Love the last rant and it would certainly do the trick. Stop promoting those who don't and instead replace them with those who do. If the power goes to their head and they think they now have a non-working job, show them the door quickly.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 02/26/09 - 04:26 am
Morning

Morning Namasta,neighbor,Tujeez,Goober,christian134 and everybody else out there... Have a good day !

Nammy
Nammy 02/26/09 - 05:20 am
Oh man, I am so tempted to

Oh man, I am so tempted to mess this up like yesterday....just for the hack.....LOL. But I won't. w00t! You see what time it is....?
Um, yeah! lol Morning RocknRoll, neighbor....(':

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/26/09 - 05:49 am
Anybody else on here sick and

Anybody else on here sick and tired of those irritating Milton Ruben eggs dropping down every time you go to a new page? I know I am! I'm starting to hate M.R., and his stupid eggs!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/26/09 - 06:21 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Mob, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, Goober, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lipstick+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom, Converted Southerner and 44mag! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/26/09 - 06:21 am
I got my income tax refund,

I got my income tax refund, just 5 days after I e-filed. Granted, it was too low of a refund but I did get something back. Next year will be different when we have to start paying Obama's bills.

Reality
Reality 02/26/09 - 06:21 am
GDOT already subs out most of

GDOT already subs out most of their work and planning for road improvements. When the sub screws up the design and GDOT accepts the plans, no body gets blamed accept the contractor trying to build it.

Reality
Reality 02/26/09 - 06:22 am
To the first rant/rave, when

To the first rant/rave, when you say "w"e made it to the White House, that is the attitude that will get you out of Evans, hopefully....

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/26/09 - 06:36 am
I imagine the pencil pushers

I imagine the pencil pushers and bean counters at the AC have weighed all of the options and, since they got no positive response on their idea to charge online users for the priviledge of reading and posting on their website,,,they decided that pop-up ads were the only answer. I suppose everyone could just send the AC a dollar per day for every day that they access the site and read the news, but it would probably be easier to turn RCR into a Republican than it would be to get their money. Times are hard, just scroll down past the egg and be happy Ol' Milt kept a few people in a job over at the Defunct Toyota Dealership.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/26/09 - 06:48 am
Overburdened Taxpayer....If

Overburdened Taxpayer....If you'll notice on your w-4 forms, you enter the amount of dependents you have. The form also has an "exempt" box. Just check "exempt" or enter married and 9 dependents on the w-4. Then you can call Taxmasters to "negotiate" your settlement every year. This ought to save you a bundle. Besides, why should the democrats be the only ones to refrain from paying taxes until they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO! You could probably go four or five years before the IRS caught you. Then Taxmasters could fight and reduce your "tax owed" to a much lesser amount. Dems and Reps do it all of the time. So what makes you so honest? No Charge for the tax tip, i'll just write it off as an "unpaid" service fee, on MY taxes.

TroubIe
TroubIe 02/26/09 - 06:59 am
morning all

morning all

Coolbreez
Coolbreez 02/26/09 - 07:03 am
Amen to those damn eggs

Amen to those damn eggs

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 02/26/09 - 07:28 am
bobby gindle chastised obama

bobby gindle chastised obama for wanting to spend 400 million on new gov vehicles and also build a monorail between l.a. and las vegas.well being the textbook republican that he is it didnt surprize me that he would be opposed to this.the problem with obamas plan is it would create and save jobs,and we all know how republicans hate jobs for the common american.now if he had said he was going to spend 400 million to buy toyotas for gov agencies and we are gonna build a monorail between bejiing and shanghi republicans would have loved and supported that idea.

Goober
Goober 02/26/09 - 07:31 am
electric - Maybe you should

electric - Maybe you should check and see what kind of vehicles his "Bailout the UAW" team is driving.....

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/26/09 - 07:33 am
Eggs With Bacon, hash browns,

Eggs With Bacon, hash browns, toast and sausage with a side of pancakes, a large milk and orange juice and coffee. Then I'll be ready for my nap!

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 02/26/09 - 07:33 am
thats what happened to

thats what happened to regency mall ,you didnt stay in east augusta ,yall migrated to south augusta and turned it into a crime ridden slum,i remember the last days of regency mall ,it looked like a gang convention area.hopefully security at augusta mall will not tolerate this ,neither will columbia county.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/26/09 - 07:37 am
IBEW there is already

IBEW there is already passenger rail service across the northern corridor of the US but not one in the southern corridor. Think of the advantages of one running from Savannah or Charleston through Atlanta, Birmingham, Biloxo, New Orleans, Dallas-Fort Worth to the West coast. Think of the jobs it would create and the money that would be spent here instead up reproducing something up north.

Martinez
Martinez 02/26/09 - 07:38 am
Tujeez - I could not agree

Tujeez - I could not agree more. I have to write a check at the end of each year, but at least I didn't loan my money all year long to the government without being paid interest. Another suggestion is to take advantage of every available pre-tax benefit offered by your employer. If you spend even $ 100 on medical a year and that includes things like bandaids, aspirin, even over the counter contraceptives, why not have a Medical FSA? Some even offer additional conveniences like debit cards, auto claims etc.

Martinez
Martinez 02/26/09 - 07:43 am
There is already a rail in

There is already a rail in the south, it's called amtrak. A lot of people prefer to fly though because of the time savings.

i.b.e.w..electric
i.b.e.w..electric 02/26/09 - 07:44 am
from what i understand

from what i understand southern folks dont seem to warm up to rail service like the north ,i wanted to take a train to new orleans just to see what it would be like ,MAN, the ticket from columbia to new orleans was over 600 dollars,i flew there for alittle over 200 dollars.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/26/09 - 07:49 am
That's why we need it more

That's why we need it more here than up north. Ever hear of competition?

Martinez
Martinez 02/26/09 - 07:51 am
The rails serve a significant

The rails serve a significant purpose in the north, especially in the metro areas where traffic and parking are the heaviest. Most the people who work in cities like NY and even Chicago wouldn't dream of driving to work everyday. Traffic is too unpredictable and parking could cost hundreds a month, if available at all. That's not a big issue in a lot of southern cities, excluding maybe only Atlanta in which case there is Marta.

Chad
Chad 02/26/09 - 07:52 am
NeOne sorry to hear about

NeOne sorry to hear about your daughter but welcome to the world of universal health Care,. So get used to it.

Martinez
Martinez 02/26/09 - 07:53 am
Cold - why should the

Cold - why should the government spend money to build something to compete with an already under utilized existing service?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/26/09 - 07:59 am
If you could take a rail

If you could take a rail service from here to Atlanta and back with the round trip taking no more than 3 hours for $50, would you? I would. The drive time alone is 6 hours.