Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I THINK MICHAEL VICK should be traded to the Cleveland Browns. It would be interesting to see how the fans in their so-called "Dawg Pound" react to that.

OBAMA'S ALL about change, and I'm counting it right now.

A HUGE RAVE TO Heart and Vascular Center at University Hospital (and) to all the nurses and staff and my cardiologist Dr. Brent Edwards and his staff for all the care that was given to me in the past few days.

PRICE OF GAS HAS risen 10 cents a gallon in each of Barack Hussein Obama's first two weeks in office. At this rate, gas will cost $22.39 a gallon when he is finished "rebuilding the economy" in four years.

THE ACTIONS OF these people on the coliseum board are pathetic, ego-driven and worthless. They obviously have family of origin adult child issues. Make it mandatory that each must get psychological counseling.

RAVE, RAVE, RAVE! I don't believe it. The Augusta Chronicle printed a positive story concerning the use of a firearm. The story in point about Caleb Collins and his shooting ability. It was nice to show that all gun owners, users are not kill-crazy maniacs.

OBAMA IS WASTING no time in killing the U.S. economy. Along with his Marxist "bailout" bill, he's canceled energy leases that would have been used on land to drill for oil and natural gas.

CONGRESS TELLS LIES. The Ponzi guy tells lies, and now the peanut people are telling lies. Is there anybody out there that will tell us the truth?

IN REGARD TO the disabled lady that went to the movies and wanted to sit with her grandchild: I agree with her, and what's wrong with the ushers doing their job making sure that people who are not disabled aren't using those seats?

RAVE FOR THE CHRONICLE for bringing back The Lockhorns . Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I REALIZE IT'S A CHARITY, but First Tee is having Hootie and the Blowfish yet again to headline the event? Wouldn't it be nice to have somebody who has actually recorded an album in this decade?

RAVE FOR SEN. GRAHAM. He finally came to his senses to stand up for us.

THIS STIMULUS BILL is most embarrassing for Americans. We've elected these idiots and put them in the White House to run our country. None of them know what to do. They are totally at a loss.

lovethe48
lovethe48 02/19/09 - 02:45 am
hee, hee

hee, hee

MJ
MJ 02/19/09 - 02:48 am
So if none of them know what

So if none of them know what to do...when to the people stand up and do what's needed to bring about proper change? If Americans are so [filtered word] off at the government and have come to a realization that no matter who is elected to office they don't genuinely make decisions based on the greater good of the country but for other (seemingly unknown) reasons...what is keeping Americans from standing up for what they believe in? It has happened before and I think it won't be too far off before something happens that makes the citizens band together. After September 11th, 2001 everyone referred to themselves as "Americans" There were no African-Americans, no Latin-Americans, just Americans. As Americans we need to stand up and have our voices heard. Heck, in Georgia we have a SPLOST that gets VOTED ON when it comes to using tax dollars for a special interest. Our Federal Gov't doesn't bother, just does what it wants regardless of what the population wants. This stimulus is nothing more than corporate welfare. Those that have lost their jobs due to GM closing plants won't see them come back...even after GM receives billions of taxpayer dollars. To me, that's about four kinds of screwed up.

Nammy
Nammy 02/19/09 - 06:20 am
Good morning pths/Cheech,

Good morning pths/Cheech, Tujeez, RocknRoll and ya'll! WooT-tatas! Hey Lips! Have a great day, ya'll! w00t! (4:20 somewhere!) lol (':

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/19/09 - 06:46 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Mob, Glowndarktatas, **Nammy**, Cheech, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA09 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lipstick+2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134, RockNRoll, corgimom and Converted Southerner! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day

Trouble1
Trouble1 02/19/09 - 06:58 am
morning all

morning all

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/19/09 - 07:01 am
Don't be tricked by Lindsey

Don't be tricked by Lindsey Graham. He's a Bob Dole moderate.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/19/09 - 07:02 am
Hootie and the Blowfish is a

Hootie and the Blowfish is a staple at the First Tee charity event. Is that difficult to comprehend?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/19/09 - 07:04 am
Yes, there's substantial

Yes, there's substantial buyer's remorse with the current president. It turns out skin color isn't a good enough quality for a leader. Who would have thunk it?

Hoss4
Hoss4 02/19/09 - 07:31 am
I'm ready for some change now

I'm ready for some change now too!

Martinez
Martinez 02/19/09 - 07:40 am
I do have to laugh at the

I do have to laugh at the "Obama is killing to economy" comment. The necessity for action on the economy, albeit one I don't agree with, existed when he stepped in office 1 month ago. It's not like he came in to office and said, hmmmm let's see what I can screw up. Whether it was Obama or McCain that stepped in 1 month ago, both would have to take some form of action, and both would result in it's fair share of supporters and nah sayers.

TechLover
TechLover 02/19/09 - 07:41 am
PT:Wow! It took 2 posts for

PT:Wow! It took 2 posts for you to bring up race.

TechLover
TechLover 02/19/09 - 07:49 am
Darius Rucker is big golf fan

Darius Rucker is big golf fan and appears at many fundraisers R/T golf. He also had a #1 country single last year. Not my cup of tee but it brings in the folks.

christian134
christian134 02/19/09 - 08:10 am
Good morning everyone...:-)

Good morning everyone...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

christian134
christian134 02/19/09 - 08:12 am
Now I just want to say

Now I just want to say another hello to all the favorites in the Obama household...Hey there...Take good care of that man...We all are looking forward to the new structured socialist government...Hip Hip Hooray...:-)

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 02/19/09 - 08:14 am
These rants and raves make no

These rants and raves make no sense at all.. I don't understand why people are still complaining about the president.. he was elected by the people of the united states and we owe it to him to give him a chance.. he is working to repair our failing economy.. so stop your whining!!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 02/19/09 - 08:16 am
Tech you knew someone had to.

Tech you knew someone had to. Why not the Grand Poo bah?

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 02/19/09 - 08:18 am
LadyCisback, now that is what

LadyCisback, now that is what any Patriotic American would say, however that does not fit the agenda of those determined to undermine him at every turn.

sgachief
sgachief 02/19/09 - 08:20 am
i didn't elect him.

i didn't elect him.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 02/19/09 - 08:37 am
I did not elect Reagan,Bush

I did not elect Reagan,Bush or the last Bush, yet I supported them.

christian134
christian134 02/19/09 - 08:37 am
So let me get this straight

So let me get this straight for the past 8 years you people were allowed to "whine" about Bush but we cannot object to a Pres. and his handlers leading us down into oblivion...Is this because ya'll are Super-Special Folks?...If it is so then it is so then just say so...:-) Honesty is a great characteristic...Although that is not something this new Regime has to worry about...

Trouble1
Trouble1 02/19/09 - 09:03 am
BL, i did, what was up with

BL, i did, what was up with that????

Lipstick
Lipstick 02/19/09 - 09:12 am
Good morning everyone! I

Good morning everyone! I agree with sgachief. I didn't elect Obama either. I will support him when he does something I agree with. Thus far, he hasn't. I will respect the office of the President, but the man filling those shoes needs to earn my respect. Thus far, he hasn't. Obama is a hypocrite and I just don't trust him. Period. IF you don't like the criticism, post on iloveobama.com. Otherwise deal with the cold hard truth here.

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/19/09 - 09:12 am
Yes, BLOWMEAC, I did. And

Yes, BLOWMEAC, I did. And there were many noises in the night sky too.

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/19/09 - 09:15 am
Lippy? I've got a list of

Lippy? I've got a list of stuff Obama's done that I totally agree with. For example: Recovery.gov. If you're gonna give away a trillion dollars, this is the kind of site you want people to use to try to track it. Unfortunately, transparency and full reporting of stimulus package usage stops at the second disbursement. Example: Ga gets $$ from Fed. Ga sends $$ to Augusta. Augusta does not have to provide data for transparency or accounting of final disbursements, no matter who or how many more levels is goes thru.

sgachief
sgachief 02/19/09 - 09:19 am
All I can see with the

All I can see with the stimulus is a big giant ponzi scheme using my grandchildrens childrens future to finance it.

Lipstick
Lipstick 02/19/09 - 09:20 am
PhD - I'm glad you agree with

PhD - I'm glad you agree with it. Doesn't mean I do.

Hoss4
Hoss4 02/19/09 - 09:22 am
I love how dims love to tell

I love how dims love to tell all of us "I didnt vote for (INSERT REPUBLICAN'S NAME HERE), but I still supported them". They say that but in the last 6 months there has been thousands of oppurtunities to "support" them on various issues, and what do we hear form these so called "I supported Bush" people? Not one effing peep. Truly laughable! News Flash - Its a free country! You dont have to agree with the president! If one disagrees with his or her policies, that doesnt mean one cant speak up! By the way, give me some examples of your SUPPORT HYPO. Thanks

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/19/09 - 09:22 am
Lippy? I've a longer list of

Lippy? I've a longer list of things I don't agree with, lol. I think they show up when you click my screen name. We gotta help you avoid getting agitated or you're gonna give birth to a lobbyist ;-)

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/19/09 - 09:23 am
Hoss: Instead of Obama

Hoss: Instead of Obama T-shirts, why not Obama Policy T-shirts. At least we'd know the details were being viewed by the sheep.

Lipstick
Lipstick 02/19/09 - 09:23 am
Hey, then he/she could work

Hey, then he/she could work for Obama!