Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

RANT TO THE person who hit my motorcycle in the DMV parking lot, breaking off my turn signal. Thanks to you I got a "failed equipment" mark and could not take my drivers test. I now have to spend $40 for a new light and take another day off from work to retake my test.

A HUGE RAVE to Dr. Steven Moore, his partners and the entire staff at Augusta Pediatric Associates. My children and I are blessed to have a such a wonderful bunch of caring, compassionate doctors and staff members.

RANTS TO KARIN Calloway's Quick Cooking, which should be retitled "Mexican Cooking."

MONEY IS POWER. That is what the enormous "stimulus" plan is about -- Democrats buying votes for years to come with our and our children's money.

WE HAVE DOCUMENTATION of the rich, white families who owned slaves. Today's slave owner descendants need to contribute into a fund to be combined with government money to go toward Afro-American retributions.

I WOULD LIKE to send a rave to Donna Herron at CSRA Federal Credit Union for being very patient and polite.

WE HAVE A Manchurian president. He's just a puppet for Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barbara Boxer. If you like the politics of California, then welcome to the United States as it's going to be in the future.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE do not need another handout. They need jobs. We need a president like Franklin Delano Roosevelt. This man did not depend on private industry, but lifted this country by creating jobs that not only put food on the table but bettered the country.

THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE has made my husband one happy guy. He missed the Lockhorns and complained every day. Thank you for putting them back in the paper.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/16/09 - 01:00 am
Anyone know what the low,

Anyone know what the low, rumbling noise outside is, that lasts a few seconds then repeats later? It sounds something like thunder, but not quite, and I can feel the house vibrating slightly when I hear it. This has happened three or four times since the 11pm news Sunday night, keeps waking me up. Doesn't sound like the training planes or the occasional jet, either. No wind tonight either. I'm in 30906 zip code area. It's not one of those loud cars this time.

Nammy
Nammy 02/16/09 - 01:03 am
Good morning Cheech(?),

Good morning Cheech(?), Tujeez, and all ya'll! Hey RocknRoll & a WooT 4 tatas. Have a great day ya'll! w00t! (':

Nammy
Nammy 02/16/09 - 01:05 am
Where the heck are you

Where the heck are you baroness, in comparison to Langley, SC--it's here too, hun! I think it's a storm coming. It's lightening out. And I've got headphones on and still, can hear and feel it.

Nammy
Nammy 02/16/09 - 01:07 am
Maybe God is bowling? lol

Maybe God is bowling? lol (there's a story to that! not telling it here tho.) lol

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/16/09 - 01:33 am
Hi "Namasta". Either that or

Hi "Namasta". Either that or we have some satellite debris coming in for a landing...LOL> I'm on the southside of Augusta. Not far from Walmart at Deans Bridge and Bobby Jones. Well, glad I'm not the only one feelin' it. I haven't heard it in the last 15 minutes.

RAWR
RAWR 02/16/09 - 01:35 am
Howcome you are not making

Howcome you are not making your husband one happy guy?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/16/09 - 01:35 am
I better get out of this

I better get out of this chair and call it a night, though. My legs are annoyed at all the sit down work tonight. Kids are home tomorrow, no school, need to get my rest to keep up with them.

RAWR
RAWR 02/16/09 - 01:41 am
I was referring to the rave

I was referring to the rave about the AC making her husband one happy guy.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/16/09 - 01:43 am
lol

lol

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/16/09 - 01:44 am
Good night. It's finally

Good night. It's finally quiet out.

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 02/16/09 - 01:58 am
"SWIMMER MARK PHELPS

"SWIMMER MARK PHELPS "apologizes for drug photo." Just like modern politicians who're caught red handed, he apologizes for getting his picture taken but not for the (criminal) act of doing the drugs." ---- Yeppers. It's the status quo today to never be responsible. It's always someone else's fault, or even no fault at all (common theme with dopers). Adios, guys, have fun!

Nammy
Nammy 02/16/09 - 02:24 am
Hey dude-that, or just renew

Hey dude-that, or just renew your motorcycle permit....good luck next time tho! (': Hi back, baroness. "(".(*_*)/")

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/16/09 - 04:20 am
Oh brother on the Rants

Oh brother on the Rants today. I'm not ready to take that bait on the reparations issue (all rights reserved). Anyway, the print edition of the AC hasn't been delivered yet, but I'm deeply concerned that there might be a sports story on the front page. G'mornin, Namasta and all y'all. Happy Presidents' Day (unless you are a Georgia State worker - then Happy Monday!)

gnx
gnx 02/16/09 - 05:24 am
Morning all. I have a

Morning all. I have a question about the reparations issue - will my granddaughter have to pay reparations to herself? How will that work? And how about the descendants of the black plantation owners of Louisiana? How can you determine who they'd pay reparations to, or if they are also eligible for reparations? And what about those folks who, theoretically, would probably receive payments, but actually not be eligible, because their ancestors weren't slaves but free persons of color who immigrated here of their own accord? Then you have the indentured servant issue to consider as well. Last, but not least, what about those undocumented slave owners? It won't be fair unless there's a way to find their descendants and make them pay, now will it? There are far too many variables when you stop and think about it. I think the time has finally come to lay the issue to rest and get on with day-to-day living.

christian134
christian134 02/16/09 - 05:40 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

christian134
christian134 02/16/09 - 05:56 am
To the ranter wanting the

To the ranter wanting the descendants of white slave owners to pay reparations in a huge "honey pot fund" for blacks "stuff it"...If that were the case get ready to set up a fund for all who had abused ancestors of the Irish and/or those of the American Indian persuasion...I personally find it totally offensive that you would even suggest such a narcissistic plan throwing all others under the bus so to speak...I, as well as many many others, don't owe you one dime...Get out and earn it or don't earn it for yourselves and do without...It is called responsibility for your own lives instead of trying to get more out of hard working men and women who are already taxed to the outer limits for your upkeep...Oh and one more little tidbit that might be more useful if you and yours want to be thought of in somewhat of a different manner...Put some clothes on that does not leave your rear ends exposed without, I might add, the underwear to cover the behind...It has been my sorry plight lately in seeing exposed butts of women hanging all over men...It is disgustingly degrading...This is not something we who pay for your upkeep should have to endure on a daily basis...

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/16/09 - 06:21 am
First off it it reparations

First off it it reparations NOT retributions. If you want it get it right. Now I want reparations from the "Afro-American" community for crimes committed against me, my family and my race. Many many "Afro-Americans" already get reparations in the form of welfare, medicaid and food stamps because they are too lazy to work. A whole lot of whites that are too lazy to work are getting some of "your" reparations too.

Trouble1
Trouble1 02/16/09 - 06:35 am
morning all, im with cheech,

morning all, im with cheech, staying out of the reparations bs.......way to easy there

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/16/09 - 06:39 am
It's a loaded gun this AM!

It's a loaded gun this AM!

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/16/09 - 06:46 am
CBBP - G'mornin, brother. You

CBBP - G'mornin, brother. You got that right.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 02/16/09 - 06:52 am
Good morning Namaste, Tujeez,

Good morning Namaste, Tujeez, Cheech, christian134 and all you other guys out there !

christian134
christian134 02/16/09 - 06:53 am
Morning RocknRoll as well as

Morning RocknRoll as well as all else reporting in this fine morning...

disssman
disssman 02/16/09 - 06:57 am
We should accept Mack Phelps'

We should accept Mack Phelps' appology. After all we accepted Rushs', didn"t we? So I'll start. Mega ditto apolgys Mark.

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/16/09 - 06:57 am
Oh btw, my fear has been

Oh btw, my fear has been realized. There are TWO sports stories on the front page. The banner headline is about a new opportunity for an Asian golfer to be invited to play in (dare I say it) The Master's. The other one is about Redneck racing. This should be fun .... CBBP make that a double barell with triple-ought.

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/16/09 - 06:59 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

disssman
disssman 02/16/09 - 06:59 am
BTW I am so glad we are still

BTW I am so glad we are still determining if people can negotiate a parking lot before we license them and turn them out on the street. Having driven past the a few times, I know why the police will not subject officers to the danger of real testing, its just too dangerous.

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/16/09 - 07:00 am
I beleive the African

I beleive the African decendants of slave owners who held Anglos in slavery should pay into a fund to pay restitution to Anglos.

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/16/09 - 07:05 am
I is rude to hit someones

I is rude to hit someones vehicle and not report it. It is stupid to take a vehicle with obvious safety issues to the DMV.

EJ
EJ 02/16/09 - 07:08 am
I, too, heard that rumbling

I, too, heard that rumbling noise last night, but thought it lasted too long to be thunder. I live off Columbia Rd, past Belair Rd., going out toward Appling! Any chance it could be an earthquake???

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/16/09 - 07:15 am
OOPS, should have read

OOPS, should have read closer, he was in the DMV parking lot. So, shame on the DMV for giving him a ticket. Should have just explained the he would have to have it repaired and return, not be given a ticket.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.