Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

IF RICHMOND COUNTY wanted to sell those rundown schools for a huge profit, it should have let Marion Williams sell them. He knows how to sell real estate.

I DOUBT IF THE government's spreading the money around is going to help our problem. The financial advisers have tried this and it has not helped.

A PROPOSED LAW would "permit" regions to charge extra taxes for roadwork? No! Period! If Georgia needs roadwork, Georgia lawmakers must stop the abysmal waste in socialistic programs already being paid for. Then there'll be enough money to pay for roads.

RANT TO THAT auto dealership on Washington and Bobby Jones that has closed. It is a disgrace to see all those U.S. flags just flapping in the wind and getting raggedy.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE start acting like human beings. The president been in the chair for one week, and they want results. Bush was in for eight years and left all this mess.

A BIG RAVE for Nicole E. at The Olive Garden who provided us with outstanding customer service.

OBAMA DOESN'T WANT war, but he wants more American soldiers in Afghanistan. It must make sense to somebody ...

DUE TO THE DEGRADING quality of The Chronicle and since it no longer cares about what the readers want, it should go ahead and shut down! Print this, you jerks.

IF YOU STEP BACK and look at the number and diversity of the lawsuits against Augusta and the Purchasing Department, you would have to be a fool not to see that there is a big problem there. What are they trying to cover up? If everything is on the up and up, there should be no problem with any freedom of information requests. Correct?

I CAN HARDLY WAIT for my stimulus check to come. I'm going to buy a TV made in China, a car made in Japan, and I'm going to take a trip to Mexico. I hope "Barry Bucks" are good in Mexico.

THERE IS AN ANGEL flying around Augusta who watches over my two grandsons. Because of her, I sleep better in Florida. Thank you.

WHOSE SIDE IS (columnist Eugene) Robinson on? Mr. Robinson is on the side of those who abhor the slaughter of children, no matter what the cause.

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/07/09 - 02:46 am
Rave for Rick McKee's cartoon

Rave for Rick McKee's cartoon today! My buddies send their thanks! Seriously, can a comment section be added to the Editorial Cartoon? Rick nails it day after day, it would be nice to be able to comment directly.

atsugua13
atsugua13 02/07/09 - 04:26 am
Bernie Maddoff needs some

Bernie Maddoff needs some roomies in his holding cell on Park Avenue. Send Bubba and Leroy up there to share his holding cell.

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/07/09 - 05:20 am
Move along, nothing to see

Move along, nothing to see here. Sheesh! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/07/09 - 07:01 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/07/09 - 07:03 am
If Bush were still in office,

If Bush were still in office, this cold weather would be his fault. Dang Bush.

Trouble1
Trouble1 02/07/09 - 07:24 am
pt, it is his fault, it is

pt, it is his fault, it is caused by the aftermath of the bush presidency

Trouble1
Trouble1 02/07/09 - 07:26 am
oh, and morning all........we

oh, and morning all........we talk bad about the ac, and they boot us is a heartbeat, but they print a rant calling them jerks???????????

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/07/09 - 07:27 am
How is the coupon program for

How is the coupon program for digital converters going to stimulate the US economy? Aren't they made overseas?

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/07/09 - 08:44 am
Good Morning y'all.... yup

Good Morning y'all.... yup RK, chinese converter boxes. The "spending porkulus" has all sorts of non job creative stuff like that. Support your local NON REP NON DEM candidates in 2010.

karmakills123
karmakills123 02/07/09 - 08:44 am
roadkill ..there is very

roadkill ..there is very little in this spending bill that will do anything other than bog generations of Americans in debt...barry the babykiller and puppet to pelosi has jumped and shucked and jived for the cameras just as he was told to do and using fear tactics and God only knows what else to get this massive piece of crap passed.....it will come back to haunt all of them...this is only the beginning of the atrocities that pelosi and her puppets will commit...stay tuned....................

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 02/07/09 - 08:49 am
Good morning everyone.

Good morning everyone. Anybody ready to ROCK n Roll ?

intheknow
intheknow 02/07/09 - 08:53 am
Last night I was sitting in

Last night I was sitting in the waiting room of MCG's Emergency room, with my Brother who was there to comfort a friend who Father suffered a possible heart attack. We were there for approximately 2-3 hours with about 4 others, when the aftermath of another night club shooting spilled in through the doors. From what I could gather there had been a double shooting at club Platinum. What was a quiet night in the E.R. quickly turned into something that concerned me. Approximately 50 or more family and " Friends" of the two shooting victims arrived and tension filled the air. I had immediately concern for my Brother's friend who is a State Trooper and was in full uniform with only a jacket covering the shirt she was wearing. I was immediately taken over by a sense of pending chaos and had started planning a course of actions should things blow up. The group were very vocal and cussing and bragging about who beat who down and knocked who out. To my surprised at least an hour went by before I saw any visible or felt the present of law enforcement. My Brother expressed to me the concern for his friend should anyone recognize her uniform because at the time I did not know whether or not

ITDoc
ITDoc 02/07/09 - 09:04 am
Our government is spending

Our government is spending $640 million MORE on this digital television transition. Why? Because 5.7 million idiots in this country are estimated to be so stupid they couldn't get a converter box even with 10 frickin years warning. That's less than one half of one percent of all tv households. Why are they concerned? Because it's our "poorest" and "minorities" who will lose TV service. GOOD. Our Government is beyond repair folks. We spend trillions to solve a crisis that affects less than 10% of our population. Vote for anyone but Dim's and Repugnant's in all elections. THROW THE ( X )'s OUT!

intheknow
intheknow 02/07/09 - 09:13 am
continue....this was a law

continue....this was a law enforcement involved shooting or not. I found out later that it was not. At the time there really was no way to know and my Brother's friend had her young daughter with her. Also there was no way of knowing whether or not the two " victims" shot each other and that friends of each one would meet up there and start part 2. I am used to volatile situations but this was an emergency room filled with cursing and young thugs and I meant to use the word thugs just loud and disrespectful. I know the few patients that were there had to be intimidated. You could see it in their faces. I brought this up to say that MCG had better look at it's policy of how many " Friends" not necessarily family member, can be in there waiting room. The potential for disaster was there. There was entirely no reason that several dozens friends should have been there all hyped up, bragging about their thuggish behavioral and talking about revenge and who better not go to school, or the gym or the park. I am begging all hospitals to look at their policy before innocent people are caught in the cross fire of these THUGS.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/07/09 - 09:19 am
Good morning all. After

Good morning all. After seeing our wonderful senators agree on this Democratic wish list of enormous spending, I decided to join in the fun at Club Platinum. I can only assume I have been searching for intelligent life in all the wrong places.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 02/07/09 - 09:23 am
Well call Obama about MCG its

Well call Obama about MCG its a disgrace we don't have universal health care under his plan there would be complete control, with Barry's SS men., we would have to worry about the thugs.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 02/07/09 - 09:24 am
Would not have to worry about

Would not have to worry about the thugs.

Nammy
Nammy 02/07/09 - 09:36 am
Good morning pths, Tujeez and

Good morning pths, Tujeez and ya'll! Have a great day! Moving along...lol. (':

christian134
christian134 02/07/09 - 09:36 am
Good morning everyone...:-)

Good morning everyone...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

Nammy
Nammy 02/07/09 - 09:38 am
RocknRoll-don't drop any

RocknRoll-don't drop any bombs today, then come running for our help, please? My heart can't take it...lol. *sprays

christian134
christian134 02/07/09 - 09:42 am
Well I suppose I am going to

Well I suppose I am going to have to fuss at all politicians on the Republican side of the bed as well as their leader Bush for the crazy weather we have been having of late...Bad Bush...Bad Republicans....Now must send a note of love and the warm fuzzies to the new Pres. O for his fervent and wonderful show of affection to his new "friends"s as well as ours...You know the ones...The one and only "terrorists from across the ocean" friends just waiting to come back and kill us all...Wow thanks Obama...I feel better already...Can not hardly contain the joy to hear what is next in your socialist bag of tricks...

Martinez
Martinez 02/07/09 - 09:47 am
The minute MCG attempts to

The minute MCG attempts to limit the number of people allowed in their waiting area - someone will protest it as being biased against one group or another. I can see it now "MCG discriminates against large families"........ you get the picture. MCG is by far the best hospital in this area but unfortunately their night time clientele is enough to make at least some people go to other area hospitals to avoid the exact situation you described.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 02/07/09 - 09:50 am
Family is one thing but these

Family is one thing but these so called " Friends" should be limited. Hell they only allow 2 family members at a time to visit, why should they not limit how many none family members can occupy their waiting rooms?

christian134
christian134 02/07/09 - 09:51 am
MCG has many problems due to

MCG has many problems due to the fact they have a bunch of students running around playing at being demigods...This is not to say all are that way but I guarantee a goodly portion are...Let us just say that I would not allow my worst enemy to be in their intensive care with heart problems...Lucky darn lucky to be breathing today...

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 02/07/09 - 09:53 am
Time to close these places

Time to close these places and let them reopen only after their security plans are approved by the Sheriff.

Nammy
Nammy 02/07/09 - 09:53 am
Jeez, intheknow-how

Jeez, intheknow-how frightening. Glad it wasn't me there.

kiddspur
kiddspur 02/07/09 - 09:53 am
Well I'll Be -- See someones

Well I'll Be -- See someones picture made the editorial page today - now he will be wanting autographs -- LOL

Nammy
Nammy 02/07/09 - 09:57 am
Would that be Cheech or

Would that be Cheech or Chong, kidd? Hey! (':

elliottness
elliottness 02/07/09 - 10:02 am
p thomas, bush wouldn't

p thomas, bush wouldn't accept responsibility for the weather anymore than he has anything else.he would say it was clinton's fault,or possibly fdr's anyones but his.this guy is the ultimate coward.when asked if he would serve over seas during vietnam, he checked no,vincete foxe said he wanted bush to go horseback riding with him on his ranch in mexico.he said bush froze and was scared to mount the horse.the only thing this wimp coward can do is attack twigs on his ranch with a chainsaw,and i bet the secret service had already cut it and he thought he had done something masculine.and who can forget that burst of adrenalin he displayed in the school on 911?ask any texan and they'll remind you that wimpy was born in conn not texas.

Roadkill
Roadkill 02/07/09 - 10:10 am
re the MCG rant. Just another

re the MCG rant. Just another reason law abiding citizens should be able to freely carry a gun.