Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

I, FOR ONE, am just glad to see The Lockhorns are gone. They were old and dated and tired, and I would just ask that maybe the Argyle's Sweater be moved someplace where it's a little bit larger to read, cause it is kind of a large strip, and it's printed at about the size of a postage stamp.

RANT FOR THAT truck driver that almost ran over me on Highway 56. He tooted his horn so I went ahead and ran the red light so he didn't run into the back of me. Where are the police on Highway 56, and what's going on with these so-called professional drivers? Something needs to be done.

I DON'T AGREE with the person claiming George Bush did a good job. To me, his job performance is down there with Herbert Hoover's.

I'M SO TIRED OF reading about all the cigarette smokers crying like a baby. Don't you realize that cigarettes kill people? Why don't you wake up and smell the roses, or one day you'll be smelling the roses at your funeral.

TO THE PEOPLE RAVING about Bush for having a job well done, remember, the Sept. 11 attacks happened on his watch and he did have intelligence at the time.

OBAMA'S BEEN president a week and a half now, and I have yet to see any improvement in the economy.

I HAVE A RAVE FOR Mary Francis. She's our aide and she has taken beautiful care of us for years, and I would just like to let her know we love her.

I KNOW YOU WON'T print this, but if the so-called stimulus package passes, and the United States currency collapses, then the United States government will be overthrown.

I'M CALLING ABOUT THE Republicans. All they do is look after their pockets. Democrats are willing to sign for the stimulus package, but the Republicans don't want to do that. I think there's no good Republicans up there. They need to go ahead and sign it, because everybody's out of a job and they need their money. I think it's the best thing they can ever do.

IT'S A TERRIBLE, terrible shame that in most cases a person operating a motor vehicle and not wearing a seat belt has to lose their life to prove that they should have worn one, and the latest example is the police chief of New Ellenton.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/01/09 - 03:13 am
The stimulus package is no

The stimulus package is no more than a federal free-for-all. It was with the first one and it will be with this one with the money going to those that didn't know how to manage their finances before the packages. Oh and don't forget those that spent it on perks.

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 03:54 am
Sometimes wearing a seatbelt

Sometimes wearing a seatbelt wont help you if it's your time it's your time seatbelt are not. seatbelts are not safe as they want you to believe.

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 04:03 am
To me the first billions they

To me the first billions they gave out went to waste when they could've gave that to the people and not the banks etc..they knew the banks wasn't gonna do right with that money..everybody wanna holla broke to me if the car places are broke go head and let them close the doors i bet you will never see that happen you know why because they not broke it's all a front and a lie just to get money...obama just passing out billions to overseas before taking care of us first..he gave acorn some like 3 billion [filtered word]? only thing he pass around here is equl pay for women and we all know his wife made him do that which i think is right..but hes taking care of these muslim like he owe them some..just close the whitehouse down and congress all of it is a waste greed will kill us in the end...obama nice ways will too

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 04:06 am
i wish they would pass a law

i wish they would pass a law that makes all 18 wheelers stay in one lane they can't go in any other lane to pass another truck are nothing because up in atl they are bad about pulling in front of you.

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 04:11 am
obama and bush is the

obama and bush is the same..bush had us kill for his oil and obame just a muslim we put in the whitehouse lol u see hes went for all them for peace lol why bother with them people they dont know what peace is...all they know is fight fight it starts with them at a young age u cant change them people it's in there blood to kill

tabbit
tabbit 02/01/09 - 05:01 am
i wish all you social

i wish all you social drinkers (aka alcoholic) would quit whinning about the smokers, because all you do is get behine the wheel of a car and kill people almost as bad as the 18 wheelers you're complaning about do their job for a day then you might be intelligence enough to understand what they have to put up with

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/01/09 - 05:14 am
#6 doesn't see any

#6 doesn't see any improvement in the economy yet because he hasn't received his promised checks yet. Get used to it they aren't coming. One check maybe on its way soon but don't expect any more. They are going to organizations like ACORN instead of to the people.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 02/01/09 - 05:17 am
To ranter #9 - It's not

To ranter #9 - It's not Republicans, it's democrats and a FEW republicans. Notice the Bush stimulus package was passed by democrats and a few republicans. The Obama package was passed in the house by democrats only.

Cheech1
Cheech1 02/01/09 - 05:20 am
Reading this stuff today

Reading this stuff today makes me feel like I'm on a movie set filming a Phantasm sequel. The brainsuckers have arrived and conquered! G'mornin namasta and all y'all! Happy February Fool's Day!

Pu239
Pu239 02/01/09 - 05:20 am
would u b demder killah wif

would u b demder killah wif dem cancer stchitcks dat cholke me n my chillins whn u smoke me out da club? I wuz jes havn a drink ...social like ya know?

Pu239
Pu239 02/01/09 - 05:24 am
can eye haf en odah of

can eye haf en odah of intelligence sos eye ken undatan?

As It Is
As It Is 02/01/09 - 06:42 am
Of course democrats are

Of course democrats are willing to sign for the stimulus package as the majority of their voters will benefit. All non-working citizens who live in section 8 housing year after year, use federal food stamps, receive tax credit checks when they don't even pay taxes, and prefer welfare instead of getting a job. And yes, there are many more whites on these no good do nothing enabling programs than any other race so this isn't a put down to any race only the lazy do nothings in our society that are taking from those who work hard each and every day.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/01/09 - 06:58 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Peeps, Glowndarktatas, Namasta, PTHS, ksl, Trouble, *Road Kill, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA08 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, Lipstick, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, Vertical2, christian 134, RockNRoll and corgimom! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/01/09 - 07:07 am
Is It Groundhog day yet? This

Is It Groundhog day yet? This Global Warming is killing us! That furry little Varmint BETTER NOT see his shadow! I think the Kentucky Headhunters would concur!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/01/09 - 07:12 am
I wonder what kind of an I.Q.

I wonder what kind of an I.Q. test you have to fail to get an entry printed in the Rants and raves section? The AC always seems to save the lamest entries for the Sunday effort. Today is no different.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 02/01/09 - 07:15 am
My favorite post of the day

My favorite post of the day is the word, "behine".

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 02/01/09 - 07:18 am
I think ol'Al Needs to give

I think ol'Al Needs to give his prize back. And maybe we could offer up the hide on his tongue to the God of Nature via the nearest Flagpole we can find to stick him to!

gamc30909
gamc30909 02/01/09 - 07:20 am
icanusethat until you have

icanusethat until you have driven a big rig keep your stupid comments to your self, for you have no Idea of what you speak. That is one of the biggest dumbazzed statements I have ever read on here, and its content shows you are a total illerate on the subject.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/01/09 - 07:32 am
I love the next to last rant.

I love the next to last rant. He called it in and AC apparently dumbed it down for him. You can't make this crap up.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/01/09 - 07:35 am
gamc, a little sensitive this

gamc, a little sensitive this morning, aren't we????? icanusestuff may be an illiterate moron but even a broken colck is right twice a day. Many drivers are great but some are terrible. Doesn't matter if they're driving cars or big rigs.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/01/09 - 07:37 am
Can you believe adults find

Can you believe adults find the comics important enough to whine about day after day. You would think there would be something more urgent in their life.

hossiv
hossiv 02/01/09 - 07:50 am
There are some stupid people

There are some stupid people that live in this city.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/01/09 - 07:57 am
I agree

I agree

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 07:59 am
gamc30909 stfu i have drove

gamc30909 stfu i have drove more trucks then you will ever know fool i have repod few 18 wheelers and have drove lotts 6x6 trucks in the army u fool.....why ya'll dumb @@@ have to switch lanes in front of people? most and i do mean most drive those trucks like ya'll are mad men/women behind the wheel ya'll don't need a sign that say's how is my driving stamp on the back but it's needs to say's beware of the driver....truckers see there working on the interstate they have those small @@@ lanes with all those bumps and yet the 18wheelers still come driving fast down the interstate..few have almost put me in the wall from driving to fast read the signs slow down fools...but lucky i am a damn good driver..had i ate that wall and lived it lord help that driver..because ya'll do things that you know you aint suppose to do i bet if some of you truckers loose those cdls that you depend on to make a living you will stop driving crazy.

hossiv
hossiv 02/01/09 - 08:06 am
Speaking of bad drivers, what

Speaking of bad drivers, what happened to using your turn signals? It seems like half the people in this city just all of a sudden TURN.

icanusethat
icanusethat 02/01/09 - 08:08 am
gamc30909 you must be a crazy

gamc30909 you must be a crazy truckers crazy fool...ya'll are not the king are queen of the road so stop acting like it and and ya'll should know that the law is trucks weighing more than 48,000 pounds can no longer travel in the far left lane on highways in urban areas throughout the state. law pass in 2008 fool so obey it truckers

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/01/09 - 08:37 am
You know, each day I get up

You know, each day I get up with a bright outlook and someone forces to my realization, that some people are really and truly lacking in the intelligence department!

Martinez
Martinez 02/01/09 - 08:41 am
PTHS - I am going to have to

PTHS - I am going to have to agree with you today. This almost makes the movie "Idiocracy" scary instead of just stupid.

christian134
christian134 02/01/09 - 08:51 am
Good Sunday morning all...:-)

Good Sunday morning all...:-) Ya'll have a great safe day...

gamc30909
gamc30909 02/01/09 - 09:26 am
icanusethat in you arrogant

icanusethat in you arrogant answer if you have done as much driving as you state then you yourself know your stay in one lane only is not a viable option. So I seriously doubt you have much experiance in driving them only playing with them and calling it driving them. When I retired I had almost 7 million safe miles, and still drive Tour buses part time. So until you have a knowledge of the big rig and can make a viable comment yours are useless.