Rants and raves

A LOTTERY DONE properly and honestly will decrease the deficit in this country and may help the health plan, too.

IF THE REPUBLICANS WANT to win elections, they should take religion out of their politics.

RANT TO DR. BEDDEN and the Board of Education. My child has to wait in the cold for the bus, get on a cold bus, then go to a cold school.

GEORGIA SHOULD HAVE state car inspections. Cars that have no brake lights, one headlight or blowing out smoke would have to get fixed or off the road.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT continues to push Marxism. And nowadays, they're not even afraid to say it openly. Goodbye to freedom.

WAKE UP, AUGUSTANS! Every day the local government talks about more "SPLOST" money as if YOUR tax money grows on trees.

STATE GOVERNMENT is broke, so Perdue wants to spend more rather than less. He's already conned Georgians to put part of MCG in Athens, costing zillions. Now he wants to spend more to build a "Medical Education Commons." What the heck does he mean by a commons? A little pasture so the new doctors can graze?

GIVE THE MAN a shot before you shoot him down. Every president ever has said what they will do and then didn't do it. Let Obama have his day.

I WAS A Chronicle subscriber until it decided that people who live in rural CSRA can no longer receive the Chronicle through the mail. There are those who can't get out every day to purchase a paper, and, believe it or not, not everyone owns a computer. Please reconsider this decision.

PERDUE DOESN'T want to raise taxes; he merely wants to raise "fees" for Medicaid funding. "Fees!" Ain't that still money?

GOVERNMENT LOVES euphemisms. Rather than hold a meeting to raise taxes, the Augusta commissioners are gonna hold a "tax workshop."

INSTEAD OF FIXING UP Regency Mall, condemn it. Take it then, fix it up, like other property you take when you need it.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/28/09 - 02:57 am
Take religion out of

Take religion out of politics? What would that do to race pimps like the Rev. Jesse Jackson and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright or whatever Rev. du jour the left is promoting?

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/28/09 - 02:58 am
Georgia used to have state

Georgia used to have state car inspections, they were found to be racially motivated.

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/28/09 - 02:58 am
Blah, no good pickings today.

Blah, no good pickings today. So I guess the "posse" will talk among themselves for 300 posts. Carry on!

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 03:03 am
couldnt get back to sleep

couldnt get back to sleep pat?

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 03:29 am
From the terms of service -

From the terms of service - "When using AugustaChronicle.com, please do not post material that: advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose." So, can somebody explain to me why the first comment is still there?

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 03:32 am
a little early this mornin,

a little early this mornin, cheech?

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 03:35 am
I've been up for a few hours

I've been up for a few hours (as always) - I'll check back at my "normal" time with something that is hopefully amusing. That blatant ad just caught my attention.

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 03:37 am
see ya around 20 after

see ya around 20 after

palomino9
palomino9 01/28/09 - 03:44 am
Take religion out of the

Take religion out of the replican party, oh my!, what will the conservative fascists do with their time?

mable8
mable8 01/28/09 - 03:58 am
patriciathomas: the car

patriciathomas: the car inspections in GA were NOT "racially motivated," but the policy was unfairly used. There were too many exemptions that benefitted the more elite and targeted those who were in the lower-middle class and less fortunate. As you know, there is a racial mix in each of the social classes that comprise this community.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 03:59 am
Just like photo ID to vote,

Just like photo ID to vote, ehh, mable?

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 03:59 am
A national lottery would

A national lottery would create more revenue, but look at the people that generally play the lottery. That would be levying a stupid tax on low income or no income people.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 04:00 am
Reality - That's the only way

Reality - That's the only way to get any tax monies out of them.

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 04:07 am
The $500 tax rebate would

The $500 tax rebate would become $495 in lottery tickets, a double deuce and some blunts...

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 04:20 am
Okay, go down to the

Okay, go down to the Salvation Army or one of the shelters and get your child a proper coat instead of a hoodie. "Instead of fixing it - condemn it then fix it"??? Huh? When I'm in a gun fight I try not to let the other man shoot first, the results can be painful. I feel better about SPLOST money actually being spent since they already took it. Medicare- "Money for nothing and your chicks for fees". Okay, off to install microwave ovens.... G'mornin, namasta and all y'all! Have a happy Hump Day!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/28/09 - 05:27 am
Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, Glowndarktatas, Namasta, CheechMarin, ksl, Trouble, *White Trash, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA08 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, I Wear Lipstick 2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134 and RockNRoll! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 05:32 am
Cheech what happened to

Cheech what happened to Tommy, I heard there was a dispute over sexuality....

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 05:50 am
Reality - I have no answer

Reality - I have no answer for that question. Maybe the webmaster at the AC will respond to your emails asking why. I've had nada luck. LOL

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 06:01 am
I was talking to someone the

I was talking to someone the other day and the question happened to come up, why did Cheech and Chong break up...I am sure if I offended anyone they will be quick to let me know....

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 06:02 am
baroness - All I wanted to

baroness - All I wanted to ask you yesterday was if you had tried the fried chicken at the TPC store on 3600 block of Peach Orchard Rd. G'mornin to you too!

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 06:04 am
I am happy to read that Obama

I am happy to read that Obama gave his first interview as POTUS to his Muslim brothers and let them know how he feels, "all too often the United States starts by dictating"............

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 06:06 am
Tommy kept smoking dope and

Tommy kept smoking dope and selling bongs and Cheech started a children's TV show and became a singing school bus driver.

thewaterman
thewaterman 01/28/09 - 06:14 am
leave obama alone

leave obama alone !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reality
Reality 01/28/09 - 06:17 am
Looks like ACORN is getting a

Looks like ACORN is getting a piece of the "Stimulus" pie...No pork or pay offs though..

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/28/09 - 06:25 am
Hey Cheech...Smoke another

Hey Cheech...Smoke another joint & relax, the Futurity help's Augusta's economy! :)

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/28/09 - 06:31 am
Hey.. SargentMidTown Do you

Hey.. SargentMidTown Do you know where your shotgun is?

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 06:32 am
PnC - I got no problem with

PnC - I got no problem with the horsies (now that we no longer need the ice there) - but there is an "Across the Area" section. I like boots and beer too!

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 06:39 am
Reality - re your 6:17 - Make

Reality - re your 6:17 - Make sure you check out Rick McKee's cartoon today. The man is a genius!

peterfrapton
peterfrapton 01/28/09 - 06:39 am
Good morning sweetT, you too

Good morning sweetT, you too Cheech!

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/28/09 - 06:42 am
Billy Idol is bad enough - I

Billy Idol is bad enough - I can't do Peter Frampton or Barry Manilow lol And yes, I'm still there in the darkside.