Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRESS ISN'T SMART enough to fix the economy, but we citizens can help. When you go to the grocery store, flip over whatever you are going to buy and look at where it's made. If it's made in America, buy it. If it's not made in America, put it back on the shelf. We can build our economy back one dollar at a time.

WE HAVE A new president. Please, cut back on the festivities and let him go to work trying to fix this tremendous debt that George W. Bush created and left him.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people complain that they can't spend part of their Sunday buying booze when they've got 144 hours out of 168 that they can do it in.

I'M DISCONTINUING THE paper because it is getting smaller every day and we don't know what is going on in the world.

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the bill allowing for the purchase of alcohol on Sundays, period. I'm a victim of involuntary poverty and need the booze to numb the pain away. Every other victim in this society gets compassion and benefits. How about me?

NEVER IN THE history of inauguration has any president ever made a joke out of it. I'm ashamed to be an American. I'm ashamed to have an individual like that who just couldn't get the words out or anything.

SO, YOU DON'T like the elderly driving anymore? Well, if you would like to come and take me around town to my different appointments and to buy groceries ... and bring me back home, I'll be glad to stop driving.

IF WE ARE all equal citizens, when are we going to stop saying "African American" and call everyone born in America an American?

LAUGHTER IS THE best medicine. We all need the Lockhorns .

I WAS JUST wondering what happened to the little elephant statue that was at the Columbia County landfill entrance?

johnriggsbeeyjones
johnriggsbeeyjones 01/27/09 - 10:46 am
j2 refer to the 0930 post.

j2 refer to the 0930 post. Your bro screwed up--if he knew it by heart, he would not have fumbled the words and then looked like an idiot--face facts and get over it!

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:47 am
No that's not a fact it's the

No that's not a fact it's the truth that you see, Trouble. The same truth that makes me believe that former President Bush polarized the differences of Americans to get elected and he didn't have every American in mind with his policies specifically poor or middle class.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 10:50 am
j2, that really hurts. Your

j2, that really hurts. Your approval means so much.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 10:50 am
ok, so it is the truth, at

ok, so it is the truth, at least you admit that the man has done nothing but screw up since he took the office, thank you j2

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:54 am
I wasn't called out. 14PUTT

I wasn't called out. 14PUTT was called out or so he thought if he didn't than it would be no need to defend himself. I stand by my statements. RCR thoughts are more thoughtful than others on this board. Namely, those who feel you are either you with or against us which is to prevalent on this board. You can't respectfully disagree and when someone challenges the groups consensus then it's time to resort to name calling and ganging up on them. Just as the issue with 4Putt didn't concern you but you felt the need to comment.

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:55 am
No Trouble I don't agree with

No Trouble I don't agree with that at all the point I was making that truth is relevant to person that is telling it that's your truth it doesn't make it fact to me.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 10:57 am
so you think bringing the

so you think bringing the terrorists here and killing babies is a good thing then j2???? that says a lot about your intelligence level

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:58 am
BREAKING NEWS: Power Out At

BREAKING NEWS: Power Out At Josey High School..............When we used to drive by there on our way downtown, I would see that big old bird on that pole and say, "Now one of these days, that bird is gonna get tired of sitting on that pole and it's gonna fly off and knock down those Power Lines and Telephone Poles." I must be like Nostradamas. Yeah, I'm Psychic....like Sylvia Brown. Y'all better watch out for that big old bird...I think that's one of them FOO birds............and you know what they say......IF THE FOO S&!TS....You Gotta Wear It!

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 11:03 am
j2says, I didnt watch the

j2says, I didnt watch the bumbling through of the swearing in, sorry. However, judging by the arguments from both sides, I'd have to lean with the Dems on this one (Oh my GOD!). The facts I am referring to are the ones posted up on the board here everyday, that are thrown to the side by you DIms like yesterdays trash. At the same time the Bush haters are saying stuff like this : 8 years to tear down the economy, bush doesnt care about all of america, Republicans are racist, Blacks dont get a fair shake in this country, Tax cuts for the rich, etc.
All these statements are claimed to be fact by you dims. Anyone with half a brain can poke holes in all of these statements and produce evidence to the contrary.

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 11:05 am
Trouble don't start that

Trouble don't start that intelligence level BS with me. If you don't think there are terrorists running free on American soil I would question your intelligence level. People act like these people are just going to be freed into society. I think American has imprisonment covered. As providing funding to organizations that fund abortions not funding them didn't make abortions any less legal and they continued to exist.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 11:06 am
why thank you iam, do i take

why thank you iam, do i take a bow now?

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 11:08 am
Hossiv the comments on this

Hossiv the comments on this board leave a lot to be desired on both the political left and right. But you can't say that the insults and name calling are one sided the fact you use dims shows that.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 11:09 am
no j2, you are right, they

no j2, you are right, they will not be released right away, they will be brought here and imprisoned, and given the same rights that Americans have, such as the right to face their accusers, and when those accusers are to busy fighting a war against their brothers to show up, then they will be released...........

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 11:10 am
turn it.............with a

turn it.............with a w00t for namasta

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 11:14 am
ima, you should talk to sandy

ima, you should talk to sandy about that, she seems to know all there is to know about them

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 11:16 am
j2says - The fact RCR refers

j2says - The fact RCR refers to me as "Lipstank" when I say something he doesn't agree with should merely be considered a typo, not name calling. Got it.

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 11:18 am
ok, j2says, I apologize for

ok, j2says, I apologize for the dims comment. Now, do you agree that the thoughtful RCR the others Imanlgger referred to, need to stop bringing race into every discussion?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 11:20 am
Y'all seen that Big Old Bird

Y'all seen that Big Old Bird over there in Columbia County Yet?

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/27/09 - 11:22 am
It sickens me to see Obama in

It sickens me to see Obama in his first TV interview, grovel to the Arab nations.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 01/27/09 - 11:24 am
Have you all seen the site

Have you all seen the site that allows you to see the front page of almost any newspaper in the world. It's really cook - check it out: http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/flASH/

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 01/27/09 - 11:25 am
Sandy thinks she knows all

Sandy thinks she knows all there is to know about everything. Oh good morning BTW.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 11:26 am
In ref to PPBO's comments to

In ref to PPBO's comments to Al 'Arabiyah - I hope Lowell Greenbaum and Miami Beach are happy now.

dashiel
dashiel 01/27/09 - 11:28 am
YOURA, It's all the same:

YOURA, It's all the same: Man's inhumanity to man, wherever it rears its ugly head, and I'm not referring to the keyboarding hyenas that surround us necessarily. The Bush policy toward Israel and Palestine just reminds me so much of the earliest days of the Civil Rights Movement, the same mindset I mean: All of us and none of you. No one has brought peace to the Middle East, but Carter came closest. The agreement he brokered between Egypt and Israel still stands and has never been broken. Of course no nazi will admit this fact. These "responsible" people simply deny everything. They have to. That's all they've got.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 01/27/09 - 11:29 am
barry hussein to have his

barry hussein to have his first newspaper interview today. And who would have thought, but it is with a muslim newspaper... Does this surprise anyone??? Respect this man? Not with his cabinet choices, the bills he has signed, his economic plans and his arrogant attitude of 'I won so deal with it'.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 11:31 am
dashiel - Askut ya ibin

dashiel - Askut ya ibin sharmoota. Find an Arab to translate that for ya then get back with me.

KingJames
KingJames 01/27/09 - 11:34 am
I suppose President Obama is

I suppose President Obama is at fault for the problem with the oath. Check it out for yourselves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hde4s-xBhqE He apparently knew the words to the oath, but did not repeat exactly the words that Justice Roberts quoted. Justice Roberts got the oath wrong, but the president was supposed to repeat after him. So had President Obama merely repeated the words of the Chief Justice, folks would then be saying he wasn't really the president because he knowingly took the wrong oath. To settle all of that, Justice Roberts gave the President the oath again, and this time Roberts got the words right and Obama repeated them.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/27/09 - 11:38 am
If the truth be known, both

If the truth be known, both the President and Chief Justice were at fault with the swearing in mishap. President Obama interrupted Chief Justices Roberts before he finished his line, which in turn threw Chief Justice off track. I'm sure both men were nervous and mistakes do happen. I don't think it was anything intentional on the Chief Justice's part but the public is going to pick this error to pieces. It bothers me that he was swore in a second time without taking the oath on the bible though.

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 11:38 am
By POWER to the PEOPLE, you

By POWER to the PEOPLE, you mean all races right? Or do we have another HELLO HELLO on our hands?

White_Trash2
White_Trash2 01/27/09 - 11:46 am
The white race has had the

The white race has had the power since Jamestown was settled in the 1600's. It is way past time that the power be distributed equaly. POWER to the PEOPLE!

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 01/27/09 - 11:51 am
hossiv: IMO, if you use a

hossiv: IMO, if you use a little imagination on the display name you will see what he means.

Augusta nears naming administrator

Augusta could be closer to having a permanent head of city government, with Mayor Deke Copenhaver calling a meeting to "discuss and approve" his recommendation.