Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRESS ISN'T SMART enough to fix the economy, but we citizens can help. When you go to the grocery store, flip over whatever you are going to buy and look at where it's made. If it's made in America, buy it. If it's not made in America, put it back on the shelf. We can build our economy back one dollar at a time.

WE HAVE A new president. Please, cut back on the festivities and let him go to work trying to fix this tremendous debt that George W. Bush created and left him.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people complain that they can't spend part of their Sunday buying booze when they've got 144 hours out of 168 that they can do it in.

I'M DISCONTINUING THE paper because it is getting smaller every day and we don't know what is going on in the world.

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the bill allowing for the purchase of alcohol on Sundays, period. I'm a victim of involuntary poverty and need the booze to numb the pain away. Every other victim in this society gets compassion and benefits. How about me?

NEVER IN THE history of inauguration has any president ever made a joke out of it. I'm ashamed to be an American. I'm ashamed to have an individual like that who just couldn't get the words out or anything.

SO, YOU DON'T like the elderly driving anymore? Well, if you would like to come and take me around town to my different appointments and to buy groceries ... and bring me back home, I'll be glad to stop driving.

IF WE ARE all equal citizens, when are we going to stop saying "African American" and call everyone born in America an American?

LAUGHTER IS THE best medicine. We all need the Lockhorns .

I WAS JUST wondering what happened to the little elephant statue that was at the Columbia County landfill entrance?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 09:59 am
Hypo....That was a big hook!

Hypo....That was a big hook! Was it 5/O or 6/O? That's gonna leave a mark!

Nay Sayer
Nay Sayer 01/27/09 - 10:02 am
Are we all not in agreement

Are we all not in agreement that the no sale of alcohol on Sunday is a religious rule?

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:03 am
Hypo.....He might have had a

Hypo.....He might have had a hole in his pocket!

Lorraine
Lorraine 01/27/09 - 10:03 am
Yes Chief Justice Roberts

Yes Chief Justice Roberts screwed up when reciting the oath. President Barack Obama memorized the oath and knew that Roberts got it wrong but handled Roberts mistake in a dignified manner. Folks please do not attempt to twist the known facts to fit your assumptions or false ideations.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 01/27/09 - 10:04 am
Good mawnin Disgusta , ^5 Tuj

Good mawnin Disgusta , ^5 Tuj & Tatas, welcome to week 2 of the magical mystery tour

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:06 am
No Naysayer, IT IS NOT! It IS

No Naysayer, IT IS NOT! It IS A CONSPIRACY! By the political friends of the Bootlegger Lobbyists! They have a monopoly on poor drunks and exploit them every Sunday!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 10:07 am
Trying to place blame for a

Trying to place blame for a simple mistake in the oath is hilarious. Can you imagine the emotions for both men? I'm surprised it doesn't happen much more often. I certainly didn't vote for Obama, but c'mon.

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:08 am
Lorraine if he had have

Lorraine if he had have corrected Justice Roberts then President Obama would have lacked class or again been accused of making a mockery out of the oath. No matter what he does there are going to be people attempting to find fault.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:09 am
What's worse is they make

What's worse is they make them waste their "going to work gas" driving all over town just to get a drink! When they could just stumble down the Block to the store!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 10:11 am
Wow, people sure don't know

Wow, people sure don't know how to take a joke anymore.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:13 am
And THEN! They have to get

And THEN! They have to get pulled over for DUI! The Bootleggers are just keeping the Drunk Man down, just keeping him down! And don't get me started on the dope dealers, moving constantly, and leaving no forwarding address! Inconsiderate Cherry Tree Hillbillies!

dashiel
dashiel 01/27/09 - 10:13 am
Imangller, dear, you might be

Imangller, dear, you might be traking the R&R too seriously. As for apartheid not existing in South Africa, apparently you have never visited Israel. Apartheid exists everywhere bigots do. As for Dr. Rice, I cannot overlook her enthusiastic buttocks kissing of Bush or the short shrift she gave Powell. Justice Thomas has never opened his mouth so the jury is still out on him.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 10:15 am
LMAO - too bad your 9:13 is

LMAO - too bad your 9:13 is going to be removed Tujeez. Change the b-word and it might make it!

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 10:16 am
dahiel - Somebody is taking

dahiel - Somebody is taking somebody elses comments too seriously, but it's not IMA - we are having a good laugh at you in the darkside.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 10:17 am
Can you imagine the

Can you imagine the distractions faced by Justice Roberts? First he had to dodge those enormous ears just flopping in the breeze, that empty suit was whipping in the breeze and trying not to laugh looking directly into that reed thin Herman Munster face. I was truly impressed by both men.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 01/27/09 - 10:21 am
I see where Hussein is asking

I see where Hussein is asking the Muslims for understanding. He does not care what Americans think as long as the Muslims agree with him.

kiddspur
kiddspur 01/27/09 - 10:21 am
White Trash to answer your

White Trash to answer your question about where is Africia - is'nt it just a little bit south of Saskatoon????

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 10:23 am
Heres a great idea I heard

Heres a great idea I heard yesterday (some of you probably heard it too) on being truly bi partisan with the 850 Billion Stimulus package: 56% of the american people voted for Obama and 44 % voted for McCain. So, what president Obama should do is take 56% of the 850 and spend it on what he and the dems see fit. Then let the Repubs take the other 44% and put it where they see the greatest benefit. After several years we will see what worked and what didnt. Wouldnt all the american people's ideas feel somewhat represented by doing this? What could be more bipartisan than that?

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:26 am
Wow resorting to insults

Wow resorting to insults about someone's appearance because you disagree with their politics. That makes the political insight on this board so clear.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 10:27 am
What we need is

What we need is Infrastructure. We need a Liquor Store, a crack house, a phone booth, and a produce stand on every street corner. Now that's Infrastructure.....and that's all we need......and one ATM machine, in the dark alley next to my house......And that's all I need to get by. Don't need no stimulus check or no handouts......just need some Infrastructure......and a Church's Chicken on them corners next to the Liquor Store...........and that's all the Infrastructure I need............and a laundromat.....

johnriggsbeeyjones
johnriggsbeeyjones 01/27/09 - 10:30 am
What did you expect, Obama

What did you expect, Obama stuttered and futtered--he didn't have his teleyprompter, get over it!

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 01/27/09 - 10:31 am
Your ear fetish is showing.

Your ear fetish is showing.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 10:34 am
whoistellingusthetruth, RCR

whoistellingusthetruth, RCR has some of the most well thought out posts in the comment section (whether you agree with his ideals or not). Never in any of his posts that I've read has he or she used poor grammar. For you to reduce his or her thoughts…
Posted by j2says on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:37 PM This kinda sums it up for for insight, huh j2

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:34 am
Their class is showing more

Their class is showing more than an ear fetish. Facts mean nothing but as long as I can make a negative comment about someones appearance or some other subject that doesn't make a bit of difference then everything is fine.

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 10:37 am
facts????????? Did you say

facts????????? Did you say facts?????????

disssman
disssman 01/27/09 - 10:37 am
Sandy just remember that APT

Sandy just remember that APT didn't cut any of the hill routes that carry the maids to work. And I don't think they did that because they especially like the maids, but out of necessity for the people who can't make a bed.

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:39 am
I4Putt you are pathetic and

I4Putt you are pathetic and the fact that you had to pull up some comment I made defending another poster from 4 months ago to defend your immature comments makes you look like more of an jacka-- than any sensible person already realizes you are. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to not to resort to person attacks it's called being an adult try it sometime.

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 10:40 am
Hossiv it is a fact that

Hossiv it is a fact that Justice Roberts made the mistake not the President.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 10:43 am
j2, it is also a fact that

j2, it is also a fact that since taking that oath, obama has attempted to screw this country at every turn

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 10:46 am
j2says - you were called out

j2says - you were called out and you know it. LMAO

DaVitte slaying suspect still in Florida

A month after the slaying of 55-year-old Bill DaVitte, suspect Daniel Nelson Robinson, 21, remains in a Jacksonville, Fla., detention facility.