Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRESS ISN'T SMART enough to fix the economy, but we citizens can help. When you go to the grocery store, flip over whatever you are going to buy and look at where it's made. If it's made in America, buy it. If it's not made in America, put it back on the shelf. We can build our economy back one dollar at a time.

WE HAVE A new president. Please, cut back on the festivities and let him go to work trying to fix this tremendous debt that George W. Bush created and left him.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people complain that they can't spend part of their Sunday buying booze when they've got 144 hours out of 168 that they can do it in.

I'M DISCONTINUING THE paper because it is getting smaller every day and we don't know what is going on in the world.

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the bill allowing for the purchase of alcohol on Sundays, period. I'm a victim of involuntary poverty and need the booze to numb the pain away. Every other victim in this society gets compassion and benefits. How about me?

NEVER IN THE history of inauguration has any president ever made a joke out of it. I'm ashamed to be an American. I'm ashamed to have an individual like that who just couldn't get the words out or anything.

SO, YOU DON'T like the elderly driving anymore? Well, if you would like to come and take me around town to my different appointments and to buy groceries ... and bring me back home, I'll be glad to stop driving.

IF WE ARE all equal citizens, when are we going to stop saying "African American" and call everyone born in America an American?

LAUGHTER IS THE best medicine. We all need the Lockhorns .

I WAS JUST wondering what happened to the little elephant statue that was at the Columbia County landfill entrance?

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/27/09 - 08:11 am
Does a white man from South

Does a white man from South Africa living in the USA call himself african american ? Just wondering...

heyheyhey
heyheyhey 01/27/09 - 08:13 am
MY MY MY, I have never in my

MY MY MY, I have never in my entire life seen so much hatred in sooooo many people. People get over it, President Obama is our president so just deal with it. Chief Justice Roberts was the one who made the mistake, that is why Obama paused and didn't say anything.Obama knows it by heart. The next morning they had to go through the process all over again. If you don't know what you are talking about, then just keep your mouth close. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/27/09 - 08:13 am
Yep, WT it's just down from

Yep, WT it's just down from "The Last Piece Over The Fence"

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 08:14 am
heyheyhey, try taking your

heyheyhey, try taking your own advice

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 08:15 am
it's Fat Albert! "And I'm

it's Fat Albert! "And I'm gonna sing a song for you...."

christian134
christian134 01/27/09 - 08:15 am
heyheyhey can't comply...:-)

heyheyhey can't comply...:-)

dashiel
dashiel 01/27/09 - 08:20 am
Sud Afrika is where all your

Sud Afrika is where all your apartheid friends are.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 08:22 am
Just north of the lost

Just north of the lost Continent of Mu. But it's an awful diced up country with alot of "Colonial" Districts. I wonder if those "Colonists" call themselves African-Whatever?

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 08:23 am
Good try Mimsy. You

Good try Mimsy. You republicans are racist! If you critize Obama than that means you are a racist biggot! Go back and turn on People's Court.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 01/27/09 - 08:24 am
I dont care who is to blame

I dont care who is to blame for the oath being bumbled. It looked like a little of both. Obama looked nervous from the get go, and if the judge was feeding him the wrong words it probably wasnt helping. You would think they would keep it down to a few words at a time. 'I "Your name Here" do solemly swear' then go on. they were trying to make it a line and a half instead of just something reasonable. It would be like getting married and having to recite the whole length of your vows without stopping. In front of a million people.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 08:27 am
1.5 million in attendance and

1.5 million in attendance and only 14 of them missed work.....

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 08:30 am
dashizzle, duke of

dashizzle, duke of dingleberry!

Reality
Reality 01/27/09 - 08:32 am
gsneed, he would be 50%

gsneed, he would be 50% Hawaiian and 50% Kenyan and a yellowish tint...Cheech, those 14 were federal employees..........

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 08:34 am
Most Dems do not believe that

Most Dems do not believe that Judge Thomas or Secretary Rice have made great strides. You know, because they don't support Dems liberal agenda.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 01/27/09 - 08:35 am
Same idiots, same B.S.

Same idiots, same B.S. Regardless of all this manure you all are spreading, he is still the President. By the way gamec who the F is " Spooky"? You know it is idiots like you that keep all of this B.S. going. I am willing to bet you that you are not brave enough to go to the inner city and call any of them spooky, you little punk azz.

Hepkikyo
Hepkikyo 01/27/09 - 08:37 am
RANT for President Obama:

RANT for President Obama: Why do you have to go out into the international community and bad mouth America? Quote: "all too often the United States starts by dictating.""We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect." As a leader of the most power country on the planet, you JUST DON'T DO THAT! Just another example of a weak person trying to appear superior by pointing out (false) faults in others, in this case, any administration prior his own.

Reality
Reality 01/27/09 - 08:40 am
What would being brave have

What would being brave have to do with going to the inner city, that is just plain stupidity, you wouldn't have to say anything....

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 08:42 am
No no....you guys have it all

No no....you guys have it all wrong. Judge Roberts deliberately messed up the oath because he's racist. He's white and all whites are racist, remember?

Reality
Reality 01/27/09 - 08:46 am
I thought it was messed up so

I thought it was messed up so it could be done in his office with a Koran.....

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 08:48 am
That, or it's a big

That, or it's a big government conspiracy cover-up and Obama really ISN'T our President....hmmmm.....

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 08:50 am
Well, he actually redid it in

Well, he actually redid it in the hallway. But he didn't have no Bible, so he had his other hand in his pocket, but there could have been a pocket-sized Koran in there.

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 01/27/09 - 08:51 am
Stay your little scared azzez

Stay your little scared azzez away then. If you are too scared to go into the city, that is your problem. Thousands work and travel through there every day with no problem.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 08:52 am
Or he had his fingers

Or he had his fingers crossed. LOL

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 08:52 am
The only reason Obama

The only reason Obama hesitated taking the oath was because he knew Justice Roberts was wrong. Everyone has reported it was Justice Roberts mistake not Obama's. No matter whose mistake it was I don't think, unlike the ranter, anyone was trying to make a mockery out of the presidential oath. People are just grasping at straws to find fault with this man no matter how erroneous the basis.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/27/09 - 08:53 am
lmanlgger, I guess our

lmanlgger, I guess our definition of "christian" must differ.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 08:56 am
I agree with j2says. It not

I agree with j2says. It not matter how erroneous

HYPOCRITES 08
HYPOCRITES 08 01/27/09 - 08:57 am
He also could have had a

He also could have had a pocket-sized Bible.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 08:59 am
w00t! Again!

w00t! Again!

j2says
j2says 01/27/09 - 08:59 am
Well what I would like to

Well what I would like to know is what gives people the right the judge what a Christian is or isn't? From some of the comments I read on here on a daily basis they are not filled with Christian love and kindness. They are most certainly not what Jesus would say or do.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/27/09 - 08:59 am
It not matter how bad things

It not matter how bad things not in Augusta It not one LTE in the paper today. It not matter to me but I think you guys are becoming somewhat apathetic. It not matter how good things are, surely it not perfect.