Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRESS ISN'T SMART enough to fix the economy, but we citizens can help. When you go to the grocery store, flip over whatever you are going to buy and look at where it's made. If it's made in America, buy it. If it's not made in America, put it back on the shelf. We can build our economy back one dollar at a time.

WE HAVE A new president. Please, cut back on the festivities and let him go to work trying to fix this tremendous debt that George W. Bush created and left him.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people complain that they can't spend part of their Sunday buying booze when they've got 144 hours out of 168 that they can do it in.

I'M DISCONTINUING THE paper because it is getting smaller every day and we don't know what is going on in the world.

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the bill allowing for the purchase of alcohol on Sundays, period. I'm a victim of involuntary poverty and need the booze to numb the pain away. Every other victim in this society gets compassion and benefits. How about me?

NEVER IN THE history of inauguration has any president ever made a joke out of it. I'm ashamed to be an American. I'm ashamed to have an individual like that who just couldn't get the words out or anything.

SO, YOU DON'T like the elderly driving anymore? Well, if you would like to come and take me around town to my different appointments and to buy groceries ... and bring me back home, I'll be glad to stop driving.

IF WE ARE all equal citizens, when are we going to stop saying "African American" and call everyone born in America an American?

LAUGHTER IS THE best medicine. We all need the Lockhorns .

I WAS JUST wondering what happened to the little elephant statue that was at the Columbia County landfill entrance?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/27/09 - 10:58 pm
By the way, the reasonable

By the way, the reasonable response to a polite request in regard to turning down loud music is: "I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was so loud you could hear it, I will turn it down right now, thanks for letting me know."

Nammy
Nammy 01/27/09 - 11:14 pm
ksl--check this out...

ksl--check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgNJ7cgDVs this is the meaning of namaste...w00t! (':

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 11:35 pm
nammy, check your e-mail

nammy, check your e-mail

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/27/09 - 11:46 pm
When I read a local paper and

When I read a local paper and watch local tv news stations, I want local news to be highlighted. If I want national news, I'll buy USA today, etc., and watch the National News. I hate it when local tv news shows get an interesting story featured and it turns out to be in Illinois, or Atlanta, Georgia, or Washington, DC. Don't waste my time! I want to know what's going on here, not some borrowed story from another station.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/27/09 - 11:56 pm
Oh THAT elliottness! LOL.

Oh THAT elliottness! LOL. But odd that you would mention conspiracy theories, Trouble. One of the corrupt officers that I was concerned about finally went to Federal Prison sentenced for Conspiracy and Extortion. Not my words, either. It's right there in the news articles about him and the charges on the court records. Funny, I don't think I ever actually used the words conspiracy when I was talking about him, though. Glad he's in jail, though. Wish his friends would either straighten up or join him, though. There still bringing down the neighborhood.

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/28/09 - 12:54 am
"But odd that you would

"But odd that you would mention conspiracy theories, Trouble." ------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8e8FRTi4ho

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 01:20 am
hello augustans ,all well?

hello augustans ,all well? I've been out of town working since sept.just wanted to check in with the home town

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/28/09 - 02:50 am
okernitmid, I'm surprised no

okernitmid, I'm surprised no one has responded to your post. This is usually such a gabby site. I guess everyone's freaked because the site hasn't updated to the 28th. It usually happens before midnight. I got up for a late night drink and thought I'd peek in. In response to your question, rest assured Augusta is as you left it, no matter how long you've been gone. Change isn't popular around here.

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 02:56 am
pat thanks for the update. i

pat thanks for the update. i was only home three months last year.

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 02:58 am
homesick i guess

homesick i guess

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/28/09 - 03:22 am
I know what you mean

I know what you mean okernitmid. I grew up moving every couple of years and never had a home town. I've been in Augusta since early '73 and miss it every time I'm away for too long. Is your out of town work something that happens regularly?

okernitmid
okernitmid 01/28/09 - 03:26 am
yes i am a fema contractor.

yes i am a fema contractor. we are currently in texas (hurricane ike)

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/28/09 - 04:03 pm
SandyK, on some of your

SandyK, on some of your posts, if I didn't know you were not me, I'd think you were me. LOL. Your link didn't do anything but play music, though, is that what you meant to do? I remember the days when nobody knew anything about that topic. The web sure has changed things.

Accord tops list of stolen vehicles

The National Insurance Crime Bureau released its annual report on the 10 most stolen vehicles in the country earlier this month, and some residents say they aren't surprised with what they saw.