Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

CONGRESS ISN'T SMART enough to fix the economy, but we citizens can help. When you go to the grocery store, flip over whatever you are going to buy and look at where it's made. If it's made in America, buy it. If it's not made in America, put it back on the shelf. We can build our economy back one dollar at a time.

WE HAVE A new president. Please, cut back on the festivities and let him go to work trying to fix this tremendous debt that George W. Bush created and left him.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND why people complain that they can't spend part of their Sunday buying booze when they've got 144 hours out of 168 that they can do it in.

I'M DISCONTINUING THE paper because it is getting smaller every day and we don't know what is going on in the world.

NEVER IN THE history of inauguration has any president ever made a joke out of it. I'm ashamed to be an American. I'm ashamed to have an individual like that who just couldn't get the words out or anything.

IF WE ARE all equal citizens, when are we going to stop saying "African American" and call everyone born in America an American?

LAUGHTER IS THE best medicine. We all need the Lockhorns .

I WAS JUST wondering what happened to the little elephant statue that was at the Columbia County landfill entrance?

Comments (372)

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/27/09 - 02:04 am

"SO, YOU DON'T like the

"SO, YOU DON'T like the elderly driving anymore? Well, if you would like to come and take me around town to my different appointments and to buy groceries ... and bring me back home, I'll be glad to stop driving." ----- Not in this city! Can't even get the APT buses to go where they're needed to buy anything, let alone having enough time to want to shop.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/27/09 - 04:20 am

Lockhorns! G'mornin, namasta

Lockhorns! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all (in Newfoundland it's an hour later - w00t!)

Nammy
Nammy 01/27/09 - 05:20 am

Uh huh...I know you posted

Uh huh...I know you posted early so you could avoid a comeback by SandyK...lol. I'll forgive ya. This time. Just don't let it happen again...lol! (': Good morning Cheech, Tujeez, (brianw and RockNRoll as well) and everyone! Have a great day! w00t! I (underline) hit it! Ta-da!

Nammy
Nammy 01/27/09 - 05:36 am

They're holding off TV going

They're holding off TV going digital until June 17th! My birthday....w00t!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 05:54 am

Good Morning To All Of The

Good Morning To All Of The Gang, Glowndarktatas, Namasta, CheechMarin, ksl, Trouble, *White Trash, Rolling Eyes, PatriciaThomas, Nwr81, ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts, Kiddspur, I4PUTT, goBAMA08 ROLLTIDE, Fire n Ice, Baroness, jack, *Karmakills123, GnipGnop, I Wear Lipstick 2, Billy Idol, SargentMidTown, Bailmeout2, areyoukiddingme, Dukedirtbag, SIGHER, ITDoc, christian 134 and RockNRoll! NOW, All Of You, Have A Good Day!

justus4
justus4 01/27/09 - 06:13 am

The Inaugural Oath gaffe was

The Inaugural Oath gaffe was Supreme Court Chief Judge Roberts' mistake. He was appointed by George Bush but wasn't qualified, and his bumbling of the Oath proves just that. The new president knew the Oath. It was Roberts' fault who refused to carry a card version because he's so smart. What arrogance!

GSneed
GSneed 01/27/09 - 06:29 am

Thank you, JustUs. Seems

Thank you, JustUs. Seems that "those people" are searching under every nook and cranny to find fault with this man, and when they cant they make an effort to take his Blackness away by saying he's only half-Black. Let him meet you in a dark alley, and when you go to the sketch artist I'm sure he'd suddenly be 100% Black. Deal with it people, he is our President and World Leader! So get over it and wish him well or we all fail. Your buddy had 8 years to get it right, so give him some time to correct those failures. Thanks.

hossiv
hossiv 01/27/09 - 06:29 am

If the Judge Roberts were

If the Judge Roberts were black I bet Justus4 would think he were qualified. Your racist comments only make it worse!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 07:00 am

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah GS, if you

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah GS, if you met a hairless troglodyte in a dark alley, you'd hit that! We know! And justus would be wandering the dark alley for several nights after hoping to hit that too! The Obam isn't black, But Mrs. Obama is.

Boston93
Boston93 01/27/09 - 07:18 am

justus4 - I remember it

justus4 - I remember it different from you. Justice Roberts quoted the line, but Obama said one word and hesitated as though he didn't remember what Justice Roberts said, then restarted and got confused, therefore Obama was the problem and not the solution.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/27/09 - 07:22 am

Good morning everyone...

Good morning everyone...

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/27/09 - 07:27 am

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the

LET'S HOPE GEORGIA passes the bill allowing for the purchase of alcohol on Sundays, period. I'm a victim of involuntary poverty and need the booze to numb the pain away. Every other victim in this society gets compassion and benefits. How about me? LOL DAMN GOOD ONE that one was !!!!

pofwe
pofwe 01/27/09 - 07:29 am

Just as I was beginning a

Just as I was beginning a beautiful day ... "UP-JUMP" justus4. 4 what? 4 "nuttin.'" Just Joshin' jus, go ahead & post summin' I'm ready for a good ol' belly-laff. ;-}

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 07:29 am

we dont need to look very

we dont need to look very hard to find fault with obama, his first few days in office showed his true colors, release the terrorists, and kill the babies........keep wishing him well, and he will take America straight to hell, not that you would care, because the fact that he is black is all that matters to people like justus and gsneed.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:34 am

Congress has already fixed

Congress has already fixed the economy. How do you think it got in such a mess. What we want is for congress to quit fixing the economy.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 07:36 am

They don't care if the Ship

They don't care if the Ship Sinks Trouble. Justus long as the brotha gets to wear the Captain's Hat..........as he goes down with da ship!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:36 am

Remember when Bush came into

Remember when Bush came into office and found his turnover was a bunch of misinformation, the office equipment was damaged and many files were missing? All this new pres. has to deal with is being held responsible for his actions.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:37 am

Who tells you how to spend

Who tells you how to spend your Sundays? The "Sunday only" laws are just stupid.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:39 am

If you don't know what's

If you don't know what's going on in the world, tune to NPR. You'll get a special version with all of the "needless" parts filtered out.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/27/09 - 07:43 am

oh yea, morning

oh yea, morning all..................

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:44 am

Elderly driving is a problem

Elderly driving is a problem for everyone. Beyond having a residential compound that provides the necessary services,(food, medical help and medicines, clothing, church services) I can't think of a solution.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/27/09 - 07:44 am

Someone wake me when

Someone wake me when something intelligent gets posted!

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/27/09 - 07:45 am

We're all equal opportunity

We're all equal opportunity citizens, some people just like to categorize their citizenship. Me, I'm an American. (general category)

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 01/27/09 - 07:47 am

Obama hesitated because he

Obama hesitated because he knew Roberts had screwed up. If you read the oath, then you'll realize who screwed up. Roberts admitted it...good grief people.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/27/09 - 07:48 am

Only buy products made in

Only buy products made in America! Yep, that'll fix it. All those stores with foreign made goods will go bankrupt and close. Then with the Obama Economy no one will be able to open any new stores, so we'll all be standing in line for government cheese that's made in China! I don't dispute that it is a good idea, but it will have to be phased in rather than jumped into with both feet or we'll be in worse shape than we are now!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/27/09 - 07:50 am

As for the Oath of Office for

As for the Oath of Office for President of the United States of America, if I were the one taking the Oath, I believe that I would memorize it to prevent making any gaffes. Blame the Judge all you want but BO is just as guilty!!!

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 01/27/09 - 07:51 am

I hope that some of the jobs

I hope that some of the jobs being cut by these big companies are the jobs that were "outsourced" to other countries. American based companies need to hire Americans first!

dashiel
dashiel 01/27/09 - 07:52 am

Your memory is playing tricks

Your memory is playing tricks on you, Boston. Chief Justice Roberts did not pause where he should have and he changed the syntax of the oath near the beginning of the first swearing in. President Obama graciously attempted to go along but was tripped up by one of Roberts' ricocheting modifiers. People attach as much importance to what you do as you do. Apparently, Chief Justice Roberts did not attach much importance to the ceremony of swearing in this nation's chief executive. This strikes me as especially odd from a man so accustomed to wearing flowing garments in the most ceremonious branch of our government. I was embarrassed for both gentlemen, but still very proud to be an American. Maybe next time the hon. Mr. Roberts can expell gas or something.

thewaterman
thewaterman 01/27/09 - 07:53 am

Why is it a big deal to drink

Why is it a big deal to drink on Sunday's.........God rested on Sunday, so you mean to tell me you DRUNKS can't take 1 day off.......Good Grief!!!!!!

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 01/27/09 - 07:59 am

God Rested on Saturday, the

God Rested on Saturday, the sabbath, waterman. But fancy trying to take off of work on that day! If you are supposed to work!