Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

IF THEY BAN CELL PHONES while driving, even using the hands-free method, then they should ban the radio and talking to others in the car while driving. What is the difference?

BILL KIRBY, I ENJOY your column very much. Sometimes you make me laugh, sometimes you make me cry, but I think you erred in your wife's Christmas present. You can buy her new tires any old time, but for Christmas or her birthday, you ought to buy her something special just for her from you.

THE AUGUSTA commissioners are without a question the dumbest group I have ever seen. They continue to waste taxpayer money on a failed bus system. I work downtown and see the buses come by all day long with few or no people on board.

JIMMY CARTER is an embarrassment for the Democrats. We Republicans have George Bush to be ashamed of.

ISN'T IT AN OXYMORON when one of the commissioners calls anything dumb?

THOSE LETTERS TO President-elect Obama should be put in the comics section, they are hilarious.

Why criticize the political figures who did not attend the Augusta Groove game? After all the changes and venue downgrades, the prominent folks of Augusta had no idea where the game was being held or if there would actually be one. Do a better job of marketing and appeal to all the citizens, not just a select few.

I'M NOT SURE IF I am the only one that notices this or not, but just take notice of how many Augusta Utilities Department vehicles are riding around doing nothing but burning taxpayers' hard-earned money.

RANT TO THE Columbia County Water Department for not having an online payment system.

ISN'T IT AMAZING how conservative the new president sounds now?

IF I COMPILE a dictionary, right by the word "ignorant" I'd have Eugene Robinson's picture.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WITH THE way the economy is that professional athletes are still getting millions and millions of dollars to play sports. People like John Smoltz.

I'M HAPPY FOR Obama being elected; however, he needs to keep his hands off our Social Security trust fund.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 01/25/09 - 01:55 am
Arrrg

Arrrg

Nammy
Nammy 01/25/09 - 02:04 am
Good morning pths, Tujeez and

Good morning pths, Tujeez and everyone. Have a great day. No comment. (': (I know, that was hard for me to do too.) lol

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/25/09 - 04:19 am
Morning everyone !!!! Lets

Morning everyone !!!! Lets ROCKNROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/25/09 - 04:20 am
Well I don't talk to my car

Well I don't talk to my car radio (unless there is an Obama sound clip on it), the passengers in your car can see if you are busy and shut up if necessary, but aside from that there isn't much difference I suppose. G'mornin, namasta and all y'all.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/25/09 - 04:23 am
I would rather peeps use

I would rather peeps use handsfree cell phones while drivin' , It gives the ladies more time to put their cosmetics on. lol

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/25/09 - 04:25 am
Good morning Cheech and

Good morning Cheech and Namasta :)

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/25/09 - 04:33 am
morning all

morning all

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/25/09 - 04:56 am
i agree with the ranter, all

i agree with the ranter, all us republicans should be ashamed of the man who has kept us safe for the last 8 years, unlike carter who screwed up the iranian hostage situation.........some people go out of their way to look stupid........... i will agree that bush is not the best president we have had, but he is a far cry from carter

palomino9
palomino9 01/25/09 - 05:23 am
bush man was much worse than

bush man was much worse than Carter. Carter has done more for the country and the world out of office, than bushy has in office.

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/25/09 - 05:31 am
palo - Nice point - he did

palo - Nice point - he did more for the country after he was out of office. Leaky piece of garbage houses and a nice library didn't hurt the entire country.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/25/09 - 05:34 am
palomino would bo one of

palomino would bo one of those referred to in my last post

jebko
jebko 01/25/09 - 05:43 am
Sorry Friend....there is no

Sorry Friend....there is no Social Security Trust Fund. It's just a government 'ponzie' scheme.

elliottness
elliottness 01/25/09 - 05:48 am
i concur 100%

i concur 100% palomino.trouble should change her name to confused,because she like the rest of the dolts on here are not only confused but pitiful.darling, bush did not keep you safe he and cheney orchestrated 911.i challenge any of you to read something about 911 and then make up your minds.you can't just go by what others say.remember the quote "who do you know who your daddy is just because your mom says so"connect the dots! presidents don't go to schools and read books with kids,vps do! presidents don't sit and freeze when told the country is under attack, they react!the secret service takes over,where were they?stand down.seen any pictures of flight 77 hitting the pentagon? flight 93 plane parts? and you won't either,because you're too afraid to ask.cell phone calls on flight 93 34,000 feet in the sky going at 400-500 mph,impossible! then what do i hear yesterday?palin might receive 11 million for a book? say what?she's not worth $ 11 dollars but you idiots will buy it.a washed up beauty queen,gets elected in a state with 667,000 people,has a deadbeat husband living off taxpayers,oh levi will come running now! gotta get some lawyer money for mommy,only in america,tragic!

Cheech1
Cheech1 01/25/09 - 05:54 am
ness - Go ahead - wake up

ness - Go ahead - wake up SandyK now - you are blowing your cover, fool. Get dry depends and your Cream-O-Wheat and go back to sleep for 4 hours until it's time to do it again.

icanusethat
icanusethat 01/25/09 - 06:07 am
I say the samething about ppl

I say the samething about ppl working for the water company,school bus drivers,police officers, they drive around all day doing nothing wasting gas.....I was wondering why my water bill use to be the same every month so i started watching to see if he was checking my water meter and he wasn't so we had a long time and now he checks it everytime lazy people.....school bus drivers be everywhere but the right place in them school buses..nail shops,stores,paying bills all at the house etc when is this madness gonna stop.....police officers have there cars all at there houses all out to eat with there family in the cop cars.. i even seen one shopping at food lion loaded the car up and left with his wife i guess...it's not gonna stop til we get somebody in office that enforce the rules..one who don't take side and one who don't play no games with anyone you break the rules you are fired no questions ask.

elliottness
elliottness 01/25/09 - 06:20 am
yeah cheech where is

yeah cheech where is chong?what is it about 4:20 am that's so special?are you a vampire coming in for the night?i'll take carter's 4 years anyday over this 8 year disaster.high interest rates? how long did they last?i'd rather have houses too expensive to buy than a market full of foreclosed ones.no gas?how long did that last? carter stood up to opec,bush and cheney sleep with the ragheads.sorry to say this is my only screen name, i like to post on aol rants and raves,there you can say what you want and no one cries like they do on this cake and ice cream board.yeah the palin's they are now the 21st century bonnie and clyde team.who wants to read about some sk..k who eloped with a deadbeat eskimo?hillary received 8.5 mil but she has a story to tell.these hillbillies come to the convention and they send them out to buy new clothes, so as not to embarrass everyone,special! toddman finally had something to wear besides his snowmobile racing suits.you know the toddman is begging her to accept the deal,so he won't ever have to look for another job.here comes levi,and maybe his mother can afford to enter the betty ford clinic now,before he gets his diploma! be back tonight, dolts

icanusethat
icanusethat 01/25/09 - 06:22 am
i'm tired of speaking about

i'm tired of speaking about bush you heard what that rapper said ill like to thank the guy that threw two shoes at bush and the people who help them move there sh** up out the white house. MR,young jeezy and jay-z thank you good choice of words

bill o'reilly shut up you can't rule the world.

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/25/09 - 06:27 am
"I work downtown and see the

"I work downtown and see the buses come by all day long with few or no people on board." ----- If it takes you 1.5hrs to just get to point A, you can guarantee there won't be many riding. You'll only ride the bus when absolutely necessary, not because it's convenient (as in this city it isn't). This hurts folks riding the bus, along with bad routing (folks get off and walk the remaining distance to avoid waiting another 30+ minutes to even get there). In a city this size, it shouldn't take 1.5hrs to travel but 8 miles. You can get to Atlanta in that time by car alone.

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/25/09 - 06:35 am
"ONE REASON the U.S.

"ONE REASON the U.S. continues to sink is because political office is now decided by showbiz methods." ------ Because the media likes reporting about celebrities. Gives them an impression they're doing folks a favor of 20+ pool reporters all "reporting" the daily gossip, and justifying their salaries (cable is proof of this, with 101 windbags at your disposal 24/7). Investigative reporting is dead, as newsrooms now are run like corporations (they help the powerful, not check on them), so tabloid headlines and writing style makes up for it, too.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/25/09 - 07:10 am
Professional athletes compete

Professional athletes compete on the open market when selling themselves. No tax money is used to buy these guys. Give the wealth envy a break.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/25/09 - 07:13 am
I don't think I'd

I don't think I'd intentionally refer to Obama as conservative, but the job defines the man. The moron crap Obama spewed to get elected was just to buy votes from the easily tricked. A lot of his job description is predetermined, but he'll still have plenty of wiggle room for his Marxist ways (as we've already seen).

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/25/09 - 07:16 am
On the first rant: people

On the first rant: people seem to be able (and willing) to switch their attention from the road and back when listening to a radio or speaking to a passenger. This trait is almost never displayed when someone is holding a phone to their ear. Driving gets almost no attention when a cell is being used.

dashiel
dashiel 01/25/09 - 07:32 am
The Iran hostages returned

The Iran hostages returned home safely and alive. There was peace. These facts might be inconvenient but they are not insignificant.

hossiv
hossiv 01/25/09 - 07:46 am
Of course people like

Of course people like Elliotness and palomino, would never acknowledge how much Bush did for Africa, while in office. Far more than any other pres, and far more than Jimmy Carter. You'll never hear that mentioned by the "media".

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/25/09 - 07:50 am
Morning all. Weak LTE's &

Morning all. Weak LTE's & editorials today. Rants aren't much either. I really must consider returning to Augusta. Seems all the kinks have been ironed out.

hossiv
hossiv 01/25/09 - 07:51 am
icanusethat, Jay Z and Young

icanusethat, Jay Z and Young Jeezy are real class acts. Dropping the F bomb every other word and screaming F George Bush is just what the country's youth need to be listening to.

christian134
christian134 01/25/09 - 07:52 am
Good Sunday morning all..:-)

Good Sunday morning all..:-) To the person commenting on the husband buying the wife a new set of tires for the car as not being just for her I disagree...My husband and I buy each other things all year long for each other, seems to be a pattern after being married for over 40 years, buying of the tires is a great way of saying "Hey I love you. Would like to have you around for another 40"...:-) I like that...

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/25/09 - 07:55 am
ness is yet another example

ness is yet another example of what i referred to my 4:56 post, but everyone already knew that.

christian134
christian134 01/25/09 - 07:56 am
Very sound and unfortunately

Very sound and unfortunately sound description of our Pres. Obama patriciathomas...I contemplate on that while I sit back and wait for his new "friends" to plan their next terrorist strike...That is after they return home to a hero's celebration...Remember they are people too...

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/25/09 - 08:03 am
The significance of President

The significance of President Bush keeping us safe will come home to roost when Obama's liberal policies embolden terrorists to strike in the heart of America again. Don't worry. His plan to meet with them with no conditions is reported to include scolding and funds for abortion.

Kettle donations rise in 2014