Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVE FOR THE Christmas banners that were located at many of the Richmond County intersections, which included south Augusta! WOW! Now a suggestions to "One Up" this incredible idea: Use the same hardware and hang banners that will HIGHLIGHT Augusta during Masters Week.

RANT FOR THE Augusta Commission for still not repairing the huge bump at the Georgia end of the Fifth Street Bridge. Another to the AC for not following up on their published article on this same complaint!

POOR STEVE SPURRIER. Getting smashed by Iowa. You gotta feel sorry for the Old Ball Coach these days. Naaah!

EVERY DAY ALL THESE RANTS about what everyone else should do get a little old. I think if we spent half of that energy on how to make our own lives better instead of being hip deep in everyone else's business, we would be a lot better off.

NO MATTER IF WE wear a white sheet and light a cross in the name of racial purity or dress in black and carry weapons in the name of "justice," hate and ignorance are wrong. They must be stopped before our communities are destroyed.

RANT FOR SOUTH CAROLINA Gov. Mark Sanford for his unwillingness to accept federal money for unemployment benefits, What an idiot.

NOTICE HOW OBAMA does as he pleases already? He claims he is not yet president, so don't weigh him down with problems like Hamas. But then he turns around, still not yet in the White House, and "tells Congress to move on stimulus." That's the way Obama's gonna be, folks. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. It'll only get worse.

JUDGE BLANCHARD POSTPONES the hearing for the brother of Justin Elmore. The brother has apparently been convicted of cocaine crimes and obstruction of a cop. Why should this brother suddenly get a three-month reprieve? Political correctness continues to reign.

OBAMA ALREADY PLANS TO SPEND another few zillion dollars that neither he nor we the people have. Alas, you still can't spend your way out of debt; you must do the opposite -- SAVE! Why can't our politicians learn this? Because it would take away some of their personal power, the thing they ran for office for in the first place. There are enough inflated egos in Washington to make the Earth float out of orbit. Maybe that's behind the weird weather.

Comments (332)

Tripod_Willy
Tripod_Willy 01/09/09 - 11:43 am

I figured he'd be laying on

I figured he'd be laying on the sidewalk on Broad, propped up against a step with a wino-bag and a forty in his hand... going blurp, blurp

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 11:45 am

Pretty funny. Did anyone

Pretty funny. Did anyone catch a glimpse of the baroness going through her kitchen window this morning. I heard a large crowd gathered.

Tripod_Willy
Tripod_Willy 01/09/09 - 11:48 am

The crowd was quickly

The crowd was quickly dispersed by the Augusta Black Panthers. They received word through RCR that they could learn some good tactics for going in and out of windows.

Tripod_Willy
Tripod_Willy 01/09/09 - 11:49 am

I think Baroness is still

I think Baroness is still demonstrating, under duress of course.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:16 pm

There were a couple

There were a couple commenters deffending Obama this morning. Why did they suddenly tuck their tails and run? All I did was bring up some actual facts rather than glazing them over with empty dreams of change and "yes we can."

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:20 pm

Its a nice day to...start

Its a nice day to...start again.

suburbsofWestAugustaConi
suburbsofWestAugustaConi 01/09/09 - 12:22 pm

I think only the old South

I think only the old South Augusta is mostly working class. But the new South Augusta mainly Hephzibah. Once you cross tobacco rd going to Hephzibah, Blythe, Mcbean, Bath. You have new subdivisons like The Lakes at Spirit Creek. Where the homes cost 300,000 and over. Those people are white collar.

suburbsofWestAugustaConi
suburbsofWestAugustaConi 01/09/09 - 12:29 pm

Lol the same people on here

Lol the same people on here always taling about welfare & section 8. I really feel sorry for some of these people. Do you have a life?

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:32 pm

suburbs, please give examples

suburbs, please give examples of who these white collar commenters are that are "always tailing about welfare and section 8." I'm in the suburbs right smack in the middle of Richmond Co, and middle class.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:37 pm

PTHS is the only white-collar

PTHS is the only white-collar commenter I've met on here. lol

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/09/09 - 12:38 pm

Billy, I hope you caught the

Billy, I hope you caught the sarcasm in my Obama comment this morning. He's a puppet...

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 12:38 pm

I live in a West Augusta

I live in a West Augusta suburb too - it's called Martinez and I"m also curious.

cm_tech
cm_tech 01/09/09 - 12:38 pm

The appointed day of the

The appointed day of the Wheale resignation as reported by the Augusta Chronicle has passed. There should be one more Wheale article published. The subject should be the definition of dichotomy, followed by all of his memorable decisions.
*The great child advocate released a jury convicted rapist to commit another molestation.
*The judge tried a case locally for the Sheriff when just a few years earlier the Sheriff declined to investigate charges filed against Wheale due to what he was reported to have called a conflict of interest.
*The man who declares war on violence and then gives $15,000 to Belmont University to drop charges against his son for detonating bombs(there was a full confession).
*The man who jails men for contempt on child support cases and refuses to enforce visitation orders.
*Finally, when the State brings charges against a man and he hires the highest ranking state authority for his defense (Mike Bowers), and private meetings are held prior to the Grand Jury which lead to dropped charges and eventually a "no bill".
The question here is when does a dichotomy become a full fledged crime, system manipulaion, and abuse of office and power. GA Code 16-5-42

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 12:42 pm

Lipstick - I caught it, but I

Lipstick - I caught it, but I didn't want to sue you for plagarism! lol J/k, imitation is the best form of flattery. You can have "puppet" and I'll use "talking head token teleprompter puppet". (Thttp)

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 01/09/09 - 12:43 pm

All of the AUG is

All of the AUG is G-H-E-T-T-O-I-Z-E

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/09/09 - 12:44 pm

I wonder if Obama's ears grow

I wonder if Obama's ears grow everytime he tells a lie?

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 12:46 pm

Suburb take a ride off of

Suburb take a ride off of deans bridge and peach orchard. Yuck ghetto galore

jack
jack 01/09/09 - 12:46 pm

PNC, from your post, I assume

PNC, from your post, I assume that there are only "whiteys" in Congress that have screwed our economy up. Seems to me I see blacks such a Rangel (who doesn't believe in paying his taxes) and others like him when I watch the House on CSPAN every morning. I also believe it was Kerosene Mouth (Maxine) Waters, another black Congresswoman that said Freddie and Fannie weren't broke "so don't fix it".

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 12:46 pm

Lipstick - He is a donkey,

Lipstick - He is a donkey, not an elephant - otherwise he'd have been airborne by now.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/09/09 - 12:48 pm

Pinocchio's nose grew....I

Pinocchio's nose grew....I was just curious if that's why Obama's ears were so large. Hmmm....didn't Pinocchio turn into a donkey too?

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 12:50 pm

Lipstick - Now you are

Lipstick - Now you are spilling the beans! LOL Happy Friday to ya.

jack
jack 01/09/09 - 12:53 pm

Hypo, we have put up with the

Hypo, we have put up with the left's Bush bashing ever since 2000, so why not Obama by us on the right for the next 4 years?

jack
jack 01/09/09 - 12:56 pm

Pnc, you talking abut Obama

Pnc, you talking abut Obama and "change" in the same sentence is laughable-Hahahahaha sucker!

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:57 pm

So PTHS, what you gunna git

So PTHS, what you gunna git wit yer stimulus? I think Imma git me a grill and sum 20 foes.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 12:58 pm

I could buy enough drugs and

I could buy enough drugs and alcohol so that my moms and sister don't need to be walking da streets for it.

elliottness
elliottness 01/09/09 - 12:59 pm

i was glad to see florida

i was glad to see florida win, but were we watching the same game?oklahoma ran all over their defense.tebow had to scramble 22 times himself to keep the offense on the field. i can't find a top stat anywhere.hats off to the sooners,you played very well.also, hell it's time for lunch

jack
jack 01/09/09 - 01:05 pm

I asked my daughter who lives

I asked my daughter who lives in Florida why there were no dogs running loose and she said 'cause gators eat'em all. :-)

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 01:07 pm

How many ho's does Obama plan

How many ho's does Obama plan to hire for these here stimuluses?

elliottness
elliottness 01/09/09 - 01:08 pm

hey jack, waters was correct

hey jack, waters was correct about the macs.THEY never did say they were in trouble, everyone else has.it seems like they're still in business.of course it would help if all those criminal bankers who received some of that 700 billion would do with it what they were supposed to do.sadly,that money is gone,someone on here tell me once more crime doesn't pay,the hell it doesn't.where is that money?you will never see any gain,it went for other things.let's hope obamas people make these crooks pay it back,or don't release anymore of it let them fail.

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 01:08 pm

I like stimulus just like the

I like stimulus just like the next guy but I don't see how this will turn things around. A suckers rally if you ask me.