Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVE FOR THE Christmas banners that were located at many of the Richmond County intersections, which included south Augusta! WOW! Now a suggestions to "One Up" this incredible idea: Use the same hardware and hang banners that will HIGHLIGHT Augusta during Masters Week.

RANT FOR THE Augusta Commission for still not repairing the huge bump at the Georgia end of the Fifth Street Bridge. Another to the AC for not following up on their published article on this same complaint!

POOR STEVE SPURRIER. Getting smashed by Iowa. You gotta feel sorry for the Old Ball Coach these days. Naaah!

EVERY DAY ALL THESE RANTS about what everyone else should do get a little old. I think if we spent half of that energy on how to make our own lives better instead of being hip deep in everyone else's business, we would be a lot better off.

NO MATTER IF WE wear a white sheet and light a cross in the name of racial purity or dress in black and carry weapons in the name of "justice," hate and ignorance are wrong. They must be stopped before our communities are destroyed.

RANT FOR SOUTH CAROLINA Gov. Mark Sanford for his unwillingness to accept federal money for unemployment benefits, What an idiot.

NOTICE HOW OBAMA does as he pleases already? He claims he is not yet president, so don't weigh him down with problems like Hamas. But then he turns around, still not yet in the White House, and "tells Congress to move on stimulus." That's the way Obama's gonna be, folks. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. It'll only get worse.

JUDGE BLANCHARD POSTPONES the hearing for the brother of Justin Elmore. The brother has apparently been convicted of cocaine crimes and obstruction of a cop. Why should this brother suddenly get a three-month reprieve? Political correctness continues to reign.

OBAMA ALREADY PLANS TO SPEND another few zillion dollars that neither he nor we the people have. Alas, you still can't spend your way out of debt; you must do the opposite -- SAVE! Why can't our politicians learn this? Because it would take away some of their personal power, the thing they ran for office for in the first place. There are enough inflated egos in Washington to make the Earth float out of orbit. Maybe that's behind the weird weather.

johnsmith
johnsmith 01/09/09 - 10:29 am
Posted this once, not sure

Posted this once, not sure why it did not appear... Just a little lexicon for some of the folks out there who clearly don't understand the whole Israel - 'Palestinian' situation: http://townhall.com/cartoons/2009/01/08/5

johnsmith
johnsmith 01/09/09 - 10:30 am
And then it did...wow, ol'

And then it did...wow, ol' msg board is a little goofy today...or maybe it's the screw loose on the keyboard...

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 10:32 am
Oh no not another I will send

Oh no not another I will send my children off to die for Israel person.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:40 am
Good Friday Morning to all.

Good Friday Morning to all. I'll be brave and honest today...Gator fans can celebrate but my heart is with the Sooners...Sam, Sam...WHY? Gators defense 'chomped' down on the Sooners and it was enough to send them home wanting. My Sooner Pride is wounded. Yes, Tebow did 'earn' the chomp penalty...but he had no shame and I have to concede that if it had been me, I would have done the same. Grats to all ya'll Gator fans...now let me go crawl back under my Schooner that lost its wheels last night....my eyes are 'RED' from crying....Ya'll have a great Friday anyway. I'm busy eating my words today.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 10:43 am
Zeno when you get the chance,

Zeno when you get the chance, could you tell us what crow tastes like?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:44 am
Oh yeah, I meant to say grats

Oh yeah, I meant to say grats to the National Chompians.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 10:44 am
Zeno - Thank you! Y'all

Zeno - Thank you! Y'all deserve congratulations too for being a very worthy opponent. Now, can we have Bob Stoops back?

WHYNOTPRAYER
WHYNOTPRAYER 01/09/09 - 10:45 am
Good morning Aug. Have a nice

Good morning Aug. Have a nice day !

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:45 am
CBBP, wouldn't taste so bad

CBBP, wouldn't taste so bad if it weren't stuck in my throat. Needed some Gator tail and RED sauce but I guess they were all out.

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:47 am
So PTHS, is the word

So PTHS, is the word official? Is T-bone gonna go pro or stretch another year for FLA?

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 10:48 am
Chomp the page!

Chomp the page!

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:49 am
Gotta say though Switzer got

Gotta say though Switzer got it right at half time when he said if the Sooners lost the game it would go back to the two 'holds' the Gators put on them in the 'RED' zone during the first half. That Gator defense was so tight...Gotta love a game as good as that one last night.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 10:50 am
"Early morning rumors" have

"Early morning rumors" have it that Tim and Brandon Spikes are coming back and bringing the other guys with them, much like the BKB team did to get 2 in a row and 3 outta 4. I don't expect anything to be official until everybody sobers up and the parades are over - that's still a few days away.....

Jackie
Jackie 01/09/09 - 10:52 am
Better buy a big supply of T

Better buy a big supply of T Tissue with your stimulus check, because the "mess" is going to get very deep, before it is flushed out. Illegal drug dealers will profit more than anyone else from this "package."

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 10:56 am
Yeah. We'll know by next week

Yeah. We'll know by next week most likely. Now I've gotta go cry in my 'RED' beer. I shudda wore my old Sooner sweatshirt to show my support...alas I couldn't find it...Couldn't help but notice the tears swelling in Sam's eyes toward the end....Even the coach had to maintain a 'stiff upper lip' cuz it looked like his bottom lip quivered a few times while he kept his teeth clenched. The trip home has got to be miserable.

jimbobob
jimbobob 01/09/09 - 10:57 am
President elect Obama wants

President elect Obama wants to create 800,000 new government jobs. Why doesn't he just re-instate the draft?

ZenoElia
ZenoElia 01/09/09 - 11:03 am
JoJo...the draft would make

JoJo...the draft would make me leave. I have two boys that age I'd rather have them skip the whole 'war' experience. I prefer to enjoy my sons being with me and not shooting or being shot at. Besides the draft wouldn't work for rebuilding infrastructure since there are so many other out-of-work folks who would have no problem working on roads etc, but are too old to be drafted. Besides, can the gov't implement the draft for an illegal war?

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 11:06 am
Zeno - And you were doing so

Zeno - And you were doing so well at being "normal" ....sighs

jimbobob
jimbobob 01/09/09 - 11:06 am
Zeno they did it during the

Zeno they did it during the Vietnam conflict. Don't think that was a legal war either.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 11:07 am
I just heard a radio ad for

I just heard a radio ad for Reed's Market - where the heck is it? Some incredible prices.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 11:07 am
The government can implement

The government can implement the draft whenever they get ready, war or not.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 11:08 am
PTHS there is one in the

PTHS there is one in the Valley between Clearwater and Aiken, worth the drive!

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 11:11 am
CBBP - If the ad is to be

CBBP - If the ad is to be believed - it's worth a little trip to stock up.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 01/09/09 - 11:18 am
Reed's carries food lion

Reed's carries food lion stock, and they do have good prices, it's half way to Aiken on the right side of HWY 1, the take the food lion bonus card too

Tripod_Willy
Tripod_Willy 01/09/09 - 11:19 am
RCR, wanna bring your Black

RCR, wanna bring your Black Panthers up here to Charlotte and parade around? Read the article linked and get all "inflamed". Even Charlotte can gun down suspects. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/460720.html

KSL
KSL 01/09/09 - 11:20 am
Reid's

Reid's

KSL
KSL 01/09/09 - 11:21 am
Congrats to all the Gator

Congrats to all the Gator Nation, especially to PTHS.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 11:26 am
Thanks (for both), ksl.

Thanks (for both), ksl.

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 11:28 am
Isn't RCR out collecting rent

Isn't RCR out collecting rent on his section 8 tenants. I hear that he's a real estate mogul in this town.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 11:31 am
I think on Fridays he sets up

I think on Fridays he sets up the "discount sunglasses, DvD's, sneakers, hoodies, shoe shine, nails and hair weave salon" tent downtown and pretends it's "First Friday". "Free Car Wash while you shop!"