Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

RAVE FOR THE Christmas banners that were located at many of the Richmond County intersections, which included south Augusta! WOW! Now a suggestions to "One Up" this incredible idea: Use the same hardware and hang banners that will HIGHLIGHT Augusta during Masters Week.

RANT FOR THE Augusta Commission for still not repairing the huge bump at the Georgia end of the Fifth Street Bridge. Another to the AC for not following up on their published article on this same complaint!

POOR STEVE SPURRIER. Getting smashed by Iowa. You gotta feel sorry for the Old Ball Coach these days. Naaah!

EVERY DAY ALL THESE RANTS about what everyone else should do get a little old. I think if we spent half of that energy on how to make our own lives better instead of being hip deep in everyone else's business, we would be a lot better off.

NO MATTER IF WE wear a white sheet and light a cross in the name of racial purity or dress in black and carry weapons in the name of "justice," hate and ignorance are wrong. They must be stopped before our communities are destroyed.

RANT FOR SOUTH CAROLINA Gov. Mark Sanford for his unwillingness to accept federal money for unemployment benefits, What an idiot.

NOTICE HOW OBAMA does as he pleases already? He claims he is not yet president, so don't weigh him down with problems like Hamas. But then he turns around, still not yet in the White House, and "tells Congress to move on stimulus." That's the way Obama's gonna be, folks. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. It'll only get worse.

JUDGE BLANCHARD POSTPONES the hearing for the brother of Justin Elmore. The brother has apparently been convicted of cocaine crimes and obstruction of a cop. Why should this brother suddenly get a three-month reprieve? Political correctness continues to reign.

OBAMA ALREADY PLANS TO SPEND another few zillion dollars that neither he nor we the people have. Alas, you still can't spend your way out of debt; you must do the opposite -- SAVE! Why can't our politicians learn this? Because it would take away some of their personal power, the thing they ran for office for in the first place. There are enough inflated egos in Washington to make the Earth float out of orbit. Maybe that's behind the weird weather.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 08:52 am
Yep! You win the cement

Yep! You win the cement Bicycle!

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 08:53 am
... when I'm tellin the world

... when I'm tellin the world that I love you...

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 08:54 am
I didn't know you cared!

I didn't know you cared!

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 08:55 am
I have too many cement

I have too many cement bicycles already. Only kind I ever win.

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 08:55 am
I'm just that kind of guy.

I'm just that kind of guy.

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 08:58 am
Well, not THAT kind.

Well, not THAT kind.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/09/09 - 09:00 am
Put the shovel down, your

Put the shovel down, your diggin a deeper hole!

SandyK2005
SandyK2005 01/09/09 - 09:01 am
"since you seem to be here

"since you seem to be here most of the day." ---- Because I'm bored. B-O-R-E-D.

justthefacts
20453
justthefacts 01/09/09 - 09:04 am
Techlover, ever wonder why

Techlover, ever wonder why I-20 is called the Carl Sanders highway? Guess who owned the land. Congrats to the gators. Big 12 surely is very overrated when compared to the SEC.

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 09:05 am
Ok Goin for sumpin hot to

Ok Goin for sumpin hot to drink.

inkpup
inkpup 01/09/09 - 09:06 am
Yeah guess we know who the

Yeah guess we know who the 4th best QB in the 12 is now. Silly defensive back!!

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 09:06 am
Here is an example of how

Here is an example of how Obama isn't 100% in control. Even his own party knows when he is off target: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/08/obamas-tax-plan-hits-democrat...

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 09:07 am
I'm loving the comments: For

I'm loving the comments: For someone who said he was going to cut government spending, Pres elect Obama sure has a weird way of doing that. Oh yeah, let's spend 800 billion.....(which raises the deficit to even more astronomical proportions.)

jimbobob
jimbobob 01/09/09 - 09:08 am
I never noticed a spike in

I never noticed a spike in the economy from the last stimulus check. In my opinion all it will help is China and Wal-Mart. Tax cuts are the way to go. Then the actual taxpayers will get help.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 09:09 am
Even the article says what

Even the article says what I've been saying. A little extra money in everyone's pocket isn't going to change things. He needs a long term plan to fix this mess. It's like when you are upside down on a car. Don't trade it- you have to stick with the darn payments or exercise control and pay a little extra. Everyone including Obama need to realize there isn't some magical quick-fix to this economic situation.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/09/09 - 09:11 am
JoJo, the last check did

JoJo, the last check did cause a small jumpstart in the economy, but like I said it only keeps the money flowing through spending until that little check is gone.

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 09:22 am
JoJo - You should have opened

JoJo - You should have opened a new "rims and auto accessories" shop or C-store that sells lotter tickets and "foeties" - you'd have seen a huge spike in sales.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/09/09 - 09:23 am
Billy, you can't completely

Billy, you can't completely blame Obama for this "plan"....he's just the puppet delivering this BS to the American people.

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 01/09/09 - 09:25 am
"Hate and ignorance are

"Hate and ignorance are wrong. They must be stopped before our communities are destroyed" But not the hate of drug dealing and drug the dealers, who if left alone, they will destroy our neighbourhoods. As far as ignorance goes "you can lead a horse to water but you can not make him drink" Americas' middle class tax burdened population needs to be cured of their ignorance of what section 8 is doing to neighbourhoods across America: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/memphis-crime

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/09/09 - 09:33 am
After a long and difficult

After a long and difficult conversation with Mark Rict, Willie Martinez, Mike Bobo, Stafford and Moreno we have decided we are willing to swap our preseason #1 in the world ranking for the GATORS post season #1 in the world ranking. Great game, guys. GO GATORS!!!

SargentMidTown
SargentMidTown 01/09/09 - 09:42 am
Perhaps Obama will cut taxes

Perhaps Obama will cut taxes and cut the fertile welfare queens dole too. That would be a be a blessing to everyone. Tough love is the answer. Those fat lazy dragon nail gals laying up with dope dealers in Section 8 houses are simply criminal. The children that they pump out lead a corrupted existence. Shame on you middle class America for putting up with it.

johnsmith
johnsmith 01/09/09 - 09:43 am
Just because I know that

Just because I know that quite a few posters in this forum are confused about the vocabulary of the Israeli - 'Palestinian' conflict, here's a brief lexicon: http://townhall.com/cartoons/2009/01/08/5

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/09/09 - 09:44 am
Sargent, what do you suggest

Sargent, what do you suggest we do? As a middle class American, what can I do about the "fat lazy dragon nail gals pumping out corrupted children in section 8 housing?"

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/09/09 - 09:49 am
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts ...Sorry..It was meant as scarism, because we get blamed for everything. Everything that is ever wrong is blamed on White people. Maybe I didn't write it clear enough but surely you have to know me being white would not really mean that litterally? We get blamed so much I just thought, hell..white people did it! But did not mean it litterally.

Dukedirtbag
Dukedirtbag 01/09/09 - 09:53 am
Good mawnin Disgusta & Tuj

Good mawnin Disgusta & Tuj too

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/09/09 - 09:54 am
CBNP..It's even a running

CBNP..It's even a running joke between myself & for this reference only: A black friend of mine, whenever something goes wrong in his life he'll call me & say...why did you do that?...What?...make gas prices go up...why do you white
people have to run
everything?...lol...It's like an inside joke but I guess it was not funny because you did not know it was an inside...sorry!

Pazuzuu
Pazuzuu 01/09/09 - 09:59 am
The only solution is to put

The only solution is to put people on welfare on birth control. It is common sense and responsible. I have known women on welfare that still contuine to have kids. Why don't we do this?
Don't tell it's the relgious wackos objecting.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/09/09 - 10:00 am
karma...I didn't call anyone

karma...I didn't call anyone stupid. I don't use the lanquage of a teenager by calling people names.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/09/09 - 10:08 am
christian134...We know the

christian134...We know the ailing economy is not effecting you, anyone who pays $5.00 for coffee that is not as good as a 50 cent cup at the corner convience store is not worried about money...lol

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/09/09 - 10:12 am
TheHunter - Or just stop

TheHunter - Or just stop giving out AIDS treatment for free - the problem(s) would take care of itself.