Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for the new Food Lion at North Belair and Washington roads. I just visited the store, and the staff is so friendly.

A BIG SHOUT-OUT to the men and women who protect and defend the interests of the United States of America in large and small places all over the world.

A RAVE TO NIMMONS and Malchow. Their receptionist Diane is so sweet and helpful, always willing to go that extra mile for you.

A RANT TO THE DRIVERS on I-20, especially 18-wheelers who do not merge or at least slow down as they are approaching the temporary off- and on-ramps from Bobby Jones, Wheeler Road and Washington Road. The ramps require you to stop before merging into traffic. However, the cars that are already on I-20 are speeding and do not attempt to merge to allow the traffic to get onto the interstate.

I'M SURE University Hospital could put up a copious amount of lighting if everybody who went there for service and treatment would just pay their bills for the services rendered.

RAVE FOR THE Israeli Navy for ramming Cynthia McKinney's boat, but a rant that they didn't do it hard enough to knock her overboard.

A RANT TO THE CHRONICLE for printing foreclosures and liens. Save paper and ink and stop printing what is public record. Why benefit from others' sad misfortune and sorrow in today's economy?

AH, CYNTHIA MCKINNEY: Once an embarrassment to the people of Decatur, then an embarrassment to the people of Georgia, now an embarrassment to the people of the United States. If there are aliens out there, I hope she does not meet them.

THE CITY OF AUGUSTA without gentrification will be like the worst of downtown Chicago. Commissioners look at the reality of this mess. The residential parts of this city are at risk of becoming a dingy world-class ghetto.

ANOTHER GREAT IDEA for Augusta: Buy Olmstead Homes. Use Olmstead Homes for baseball game visitors and Masters rentals. Gate it and call it Guest Lake.

As It Is
As It Is 01/08/09 - 02:21 am
Good Morning to all and have

Good Morning to all and have a great day....

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/08/09 - 02:22 am
If y'all need more stuff to

If y'all need more stuff to rant about this morning, make sure to check out the "Man avoids life term in rape case" story. Judge JC strikes again! G'mornin, all y'all!

kat30815
kat30815 01/08/09 - 02:45 am
People may not like Cynthia

People may not like Cynthia Mckinney, however she was on a boat carrying civilian aid supplies. While I would prefer somebody else to hand these out, innocent people should not suffer because of the never ending conflicts that nobody can seem to get over.

denny crane
denny crane 01/08/09 - 03:03 am
Let's guess which rant

Let's guess which rant sargent mid [filtered word] called in

denny crane
denny crane 01/08/09 - 03:05 am
And dianne at nimmons and

And dianne at nimmons and Malchow is one mean woman. That rave has to be a plant. that woman could make ice re freeze.

Nammy
Nammy 01/08/09 - 03:32 am
So post a link...I need

So post a link...I need inspiring today...("A RAVE FOR THE Augusta State Gospel Choir. Their new videos on YouTube are very inspirational.") Morning pths, Tujeez and ya'll! (can't make it to 420, nope.)

brianw
brianw 01/08/09 - 03:43 am
Mornin all. Isn't there some

Mornin all. Isn't there some kind of legal requirement that explains (I can't immediately think of a better word.) the liens and foreclosures section of the paper? Also, one of these days I would love to meet some of the regular posters to this section.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/08/09 - 05:39 am
kat30815, McKinney wasn't

kat30815, McKinney wasn't helping innocent people, she was helping the palestinians and hamas. And it's not that people don't like Cynthia, they just don't like anything she does or says.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/08/09 - 05:40 am
I see someone noticed poor

I see someone noticed poor driving techniques in Augusta. Must be new to town to find them worthy of note.

As It Is
As It Is 01/08/09 - 05:41 am
Legal notices are usually

Legal notices are usually required to be posted in the nearest official newspaper of the area. The ranter basically answeres their own question when they rant about posting public information. What if you owned on of those homes and your tenant was failing to meet their requirements? You would probably be glad it was posted but this is basically the same as marriage licenses, applications for liquor permits, etc. It is ashame when someone looses thier home or may loose it due to foreclosure but mayge their church or friends will find out and help out.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 01/08/09 - 06:00 am
Yes the new Food Lion on

Yes the new Food Lion on Belair Road is nice... however, they need to replace their milk! Grand Opening day they had milk that expired in 2 days... Their produce area had some prices missing but the lady on duty was more than happy to look them up for me and correct the problem. I couldn't find my soft drink either. I'm sure these are just grand opening pains and will be straightened out in no time... besides that, the store is nice & smells new :-)

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 01/08/09 - 06:06 am
Go Israel! Death to Hamas and

Go Israel! Death to Hamas and Hezbollah!

1941
1941 01/08/09 - 06:22 am
Re;I 20; Mabe they cant

Re;I 20; Mabe they cant merge, so that means you stop, and wait until you can continue on to the highway, what is so hard about that.

1941
1941 01/08/09 - 06:28 am
Go Hamas and Hezbollah! Death

Go Hamas and Hezbollah! Death to Israel!

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 01/08/09 - 06:31 am
I see why Columbia County

I see why Columbia County resident don't want Section8,Public Housing and Thuzgs tenant to move in there zone because they've a new drug cash resource,Meth. I told you Butch Palmer Harrisburg Community watch dog.

kiddspur
kiddspur 01/08/09 - 06:45 am
Good Morning World that

Good Morning World that includes Augusta and America - lets get this parade moving today, it is after all Thursday! -- Yep patricia that be a new driver to the area, they will learn fast -- PTHS maybe the judge is going to serve part of it for him or is it one of those time off for good behaviour (lol) -- What ever tickles the fancy - by tomorrow we will finally have a BCS Champ -- Go Gators!!!!!!!

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/08/09 - 07:05 am
Good morning yall. I dont'

Good morning yall. I dont' expect many people to know how to drive well when the majority of them cannot finish high school.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/08/09 - 07:06 am
Beam me up Scotty, there is

Beam me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here!

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 01/08/09 - 07:09 am
Well good morning to all!!!

Well good morning to all!!! Today is a good day SMILE SMILE SMILE and be thankful for all that is in your life!!! I would like to second the Rave about all the people defending our country large and small. and all special Good morning to all the gang especially you sweet Tujeez!!!

rbk
rbk 01/08/09 - 07:30 am
Mimsy, Israel has a right to

Mimsy, Israel has a right to defend her borders and citizens. I suppose if Canada or Mexico or both declared that the US had no right to exist and started firing rockets at you, you would just stand idly by or surrender. Israel is the innocent victim here.

Billy Idol
Billy Idol 01/08/09 - 07:42 am
Have yall noticed the

Have yall noticed the leniency from the judge ever since Elmo was shot? Maybe they are trying to appease the thug community for a while. Hawes not guilty, short sentence for repeat rapist, Jed's brother is allowed 3 months to walk the streets...what's next? What other criminals are being allowed to walk the streets?

christian134
christian134 01/08/09 - 08:04 am
Good morning all...:-) Ya'll

Good morning all...:-) Ya'll have a safe day...

ITDoc
ITDoc 01/08/09 - 08:09 am
Good Morning y'all. Split

Good Morning y'all. Split skirt alert for winds today. Small children should carry additional weights.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 01/08/09 - 08:22 am
Split skirt....lol

Split skirt....lol

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 01/08/09 - 08:36 am
Good morning everyone! I

Good morning everyone! I promise not to go fishing today....I had my fill yesterday.

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/08/09 - 08:37 am
Hello everyone... hope you

Hello everyone... hope you have a good day !

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/08/09 - 08:37 am
morning all

morning all

KMAAC
KMAAC 01/08/09 - 08:37 am
Lipstick - No worries,

Lipstick - No worries, somebody will pick up the slack. G'mornin!

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/08/09 - 08:41 am
Has Cynthia McKinney given

Has Cynthia McKinney given out aid to the needy here in the States? Does anyone know ? I know one thing... She disgusts the h*** outta me !

RocknRoll
RocknRoll 01/08/09 - 08:42 am
G'Morning back to you

G'Morning back to you Christian134. :)

Kettle donations rise in 2014