Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

YOUR STORY SAYS: Columbia County officials are "eliminating government divisions" to cut spending. Move 'em to Washington, where they can do more good.

A GEORGIA WEB SITE (SC has one, too), makes it easier for people to get food stamps, and other handouts from the unwilling taxpayer. They can go online and apply for food stamps, "social services," Medicaid, child care (baby sitters?!), WIC, energy assistance .... In Georgia alone in November, 480,000 households (not individuals, but households) are using up our hard-earned tax money. If these Americans are so hungry, why do they buy a computer rather than buy food for their families?

ONE BIG RANT for DOT. Why did DOT rip up all the main streets and interstate ramps at once? They should have completed one job before ripping up another. Now the whole city is tore up.

I WAS IN Augusta over the holidays and saddened to see the pictorial display of the all-area athletes. It is a shame that our culture has placed physique above athletics or academics.

'TWAS THE DAY after Christmas and all through the city of Harlem, there were overstuffed trash cans and piles of soaked cardboard littering the streets.'

WOULD SOMEBODY please take action that could eliminate so many accidents at the intersection of Tobacco Road and Windsor Spring Road? There needs to be a "turn on green arrow only" for traffic traveling on Tobacco Road and needing to turn onto Windsor Spring Road.

TO ALL THE Operation Christmas Feast Volunteers -- Thanks to all the volunteers that made this year's feast a huge success.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the nice people who paid for dinner for my kids and me at the Japanese restaurant. You made our day!

palomino9
palomino9 01/04/09 - 04:46 am
maybe they had computers

icanusethat
icanusethat 01/04/09 - 06:46 am
times are real hard for

times are real hard for people right now so i say if you really need foodstamps go get them it's not like people getting the check to.

Trouble1
Trouble1 01/04/09 - 07:22 am
morning all

morning all

icanusethat
icanusethat 01/04/09 - 07:27 am
we getting less news i don't

we getting less news i don't see one thing worth reading

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/04/09 - 07:44 am
This is rants and raves,

This is rants and raves, strictly perspective opinion, not news. Anybody can write anything, regardless of how foolish. See palomino9 for an example.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 07:50 am
I just had to share this with

I just had to share this with yall, this happened on News years day in Vegas. A boy jumped his motorcycle on to the top of a 100 ft tall building then jumped off the top & landed on a ramp. 100 ft tall. This guy is amazing. http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/2008/12/photo_by_flipchip_lasvegasvega.php WHEN THE PAGE LOADS SCROLL DOWN JUST A LITTLE & CLICK THE VIDEO. YOU MUST SEE THIS! I FIGURE THIS IS JUST SOMETHING POSITIVE TODAY INSTEAD OF ALL COMPLAINTS.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 08:00 am
ONE BIG RANT for DOT.

ONE BIG RANT for DOT. ...BECAUSE they had to survey the land to assure each ramp & exit would line up & meet at their designated locations. They could not do that with traffic on the roads. Not to mention people around here would run over them. You must remember what kind of nuts we have on our roads in Augusta.Don't forget in Augusta you would most likely be ran over by someone running from the RICHMOND COUNTY DEPUTIES

gamc30909
gamc30909 01/04/09 - 08:10 am
palomino9 Next time you want

palomino9 Next time you want to shoot off your mouth in such a way as you did earlier in yesterdays R&R about the Bible. Have your mouth loaded correctly or study and know what you are saying before making another fool of yourself. Some versions of the bible do refer to death by stoning for Queers others say they shall surely be put to death and the blood will be on them not the killer. Yes I say Queer because Gay is happiness that is a word that they defile for their own stupidity. To answer you this time only it is in Liviticus 20

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 08:15 am
Go to the library. Frequently

Go to the library. Frequently you have to wait for computer time. Maybe that's how they apply. It's also a great place to rent DVDs. Yes anyone can write anything. See PT for an example. PolIn: I went to bed early New Years Eve but woke up and couldn't get back to sleep (bad back pain). The TV was on whatever channel the jump was on so I saw it on live TV. Phenomenal! I thought he was going to lose it coming down but he held on. Screwed up his hand pretty good and said he thought he broke it. Last year he jumped the length of a football field. The guy can sure ride a motorcycle.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 08:20 am
Game...you are right & with

Game...you are right & with Obama being elected now he will legalize being Homosexual & legalize their marriages. What will God think of our world then? The last time something like this happened God gave them rain for 40 days & 40 nights & cleanse the world of such abominations & start over with Noah, his brothers & their wives. Maybe he'll decide to kill us soon & start over..IT'S NOT A BAD IDEA WITH OUR COUNTRIES DECLINING MORALS & OUR CHILDREN CAN'T EVEN PRAY IN SCHOOL. Has anyone though how these things effect our children? Look around there's evidence everywhere. Our children are robbing people, killing people, raping people. What an example our country will be with legalizing what God condems us for! SAD :(

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 08:39 am
Exodus 21:12"He who strikes a

Exodus 21:12"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."Exodus 21:15"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."Exodus 21:16"He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death" Exodus 21:17"And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death."Exodus 21:29
"But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death."Exodus 31:14"You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for [it is] holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does [any] work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people."Leviticus 20:27"A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, shall surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood [shall be] upon them."Leviticus 20:10"The man who commits adultery with [another] man's wife, [he] who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death

christian134
christian134 01/04/09 - 08:39 am
palomino back in the day the

palomino back in the day the ones who lived in shacks sporting a huge outside TV antenna with a brand spanking new Mercedes parked in front of the shack were the ones who stood in line for the free groceries...Some of these people may very well have computers before hard-times but to be fair how are they paying for the hookup...Many simply will now have an easier time of living off another's dime while doing nothing...Also if you look at the climate we are currently living where people only live to please themselves ie the man in New Orleans who killed his 2 year old to keep from paying child support or the 12 year old who killed his mother over not wanting to do his assigned chores...Kinda of puts a new perspective on what kind of folks we have raised and what are now being raised...Free food, free this or that, no responsibility leads to wanting easier better ways of living off another without ever having to say please or thank you...No moral compass leads to a society who has reduced itself to beneath the animal levels of living...

christian134
christian134 01/04/09 - 08:41 am
Wow now that being said Good

Wow now that being said Good morning all...Stay safe out there in the fog...Whoa have been wanting to say that line for awhile...Now for an extra strong cup of coffee...:-)

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 08:48 am
Well, either I posted all of

Well, either I posted all of that on the wrong site or someone removed their comment about the death penalty for gays in the Bible. PolIn: Who's prayer would you like? Should the kids pray the Rosary? The Maha Mantra? They can pray in school now. They just can't be led in prayer, as well it should be.

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 08:52 am
Found it.(the post about

Found it.(the post about gays). Be careful. there are a lot of things the Bible says you should be put to death for.

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 09:01 am
Christian: Try Folger's Black

Christian: Try Folger's Black Silk. Good coffee. Reasonable price. Strong and smooth. I'm having a blend of it and Starbucks. Good stuff.

christian134
christian134 01/04/09 - 09:02 am
TechLover you are to hate the

TechLover you are to hate the sin but pray for the sinner...We are not to condone sinning but are to gently teach that the sin is wrong...We are certainly not supposed to back the "flavor of the political stance of the month" just to be able to live how we want without consequences...We have become a nation who has either looked the other way or helped vote in laws that have lead to the decaying climate we are currently living...Either way we have enabled the sin to be viewed in a good warm and fuzzy light while those who oppose the sin are viewed as haters...

gamc30909
gamc30909 01/04/09 - 09:04 am
TechLover that is very true.

TechLover that is very true. That is why I have such a hard time with quote the Judgement Day. It will be simple and straight forward. Ah Ha so you had sex with the goat, guilty here comes another one satan, ETC. People think that you can do this or that go and ask forgiveness and the sin is wiped clean, so next weekend they go do the same exact thing, ask forgiveness and it is wiped clean. I do not want to take a chance that it will always be wiped off the slate. The times I have messed up in my life, yes I asked for forgiveness and truely feel that I am forgiven for that, but darn if I am going to test his patience over and over on the exact same thing. It is like Queers, if you slip once and fall, I feel if you ask you will be forgiven, but to live in that life day in and day out. Sorry Charlie.

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 01/04/09 - 09:08 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

gamc30909
gamc30909 01/04/09 - 09:09 am
Christian gentle does not

Christian gentle does not always work. Sort like the old Joke about where does the priest get holy water. He draws warter from the tap and then boils the Hell out of it. Just blessing does not always work on some folks. The rod has been spared to much lately, and we see where it has us. Ware the kids butt out until it is hot enought that it Boils the Hell out of him and I will assure you that you will have a better child in the long run. I do not approve of beating a child by no means, and once you carry the rod from the butt to other parts of the body you have crossed that danger zone.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 09:09 am
I'm sure you all have heard

I'm sure you all have heard about the guy in the news who tried with Bush & failed now he's trying with Obama. He wants the courts to tell Obama he can not be sworn in as President with his hand on the bible & also wants the text changed by removing any reference to God. It's actually laughable to try & tell a President of how he Can Not Be Sworn In.!!! I'm sure a lot of you think he'a public servant so he has to do things as we wish. Right or wrong,,legal or illegal. The President has the power to ignore such. If the President did ignore the law on using a bible for being sworn in. What could you do about it? Look at the Governor Rod R. Blagojevich ..they are having trouble getting rid of him & they have audio tapes of his crooke ways. If I were the President, I would decide on my swearing in. Like it or not..I'm sure Obama will also, he's not going to let some nut tell him what to do in his own ceremony. Bush didn't & Obama will not either.

NANF
NANF 01/04/09 - 09:13 am
A lot of Bible referances

A lot of Bible referances this morning. Maybe this will prompt some folks will dust off their Bible or go to a Bible reference site. Happy New Year.

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 09:16 am
christian134 ...BRAVO, that

christian134 ...BRAVO, that is without a doubt one of the best post on the subject I have ever read in RR. Very good!

politicallyNcorrect1
politicallyNcorrect1 01/04/09 - 09:23 am
Gamc...slip & fall...lol I

Gamc...slip & fall...lol I can hear them answering to God Now. Lord all I done was bend over to pick up the soap & the guy behind me sliped....LMAO...OMG..lol

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/04/09 - 09:30 am
So what is relevant,

So what is relevant,

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 01/04/09 - 09:37 am
It seems to me that EVERYONE

It seems to me that EVERYONE quoting the Bible conveniently omits the passage-"JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED" I don't think anyone should pick and choose which parts of the Bible to adhere. If you don't believe ALL of the book-SHUT UP.

TechLover
TechLover 01/04/09 - 09:45 am
Wiz: Pick and choose. That's

Wiz: Pick and choose. That's what all organized religions do. That's what all people do. If you don't pick and choose the same way, you're going to hell.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/04/09 - 09:47 am
I agree with the Wiz on this

I agree with the Wiz on this one! It's not a cafeteria, you take the whole thing or not at all!

Geistlich
Geistlich 01/04/09 - 09:51 am
palomino9, "maybe they had

palomino9, "maybe they had computers before falling on hard times do to the bush man's administration. get a life you idiot." To which I might add: "Get an education, sirrah."

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 01/04/09 - 09:58 am
TechLover, you just proved my

TechLover, you just proved my point. YOU have decided that if I don't pick and choose as you do , I'm going to hell. The last time I looked in the Bible, God was the only one to condemn ANYONE to eternal damnation.

Upscale addiction treatment facility opens

The facility off Bennock Mill Road is a cutting-edge residential addiction treatment facility, combining evidence-based treatment and wellness approaches like diet and personalized exercise ...