Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT TO University Hospital parking garage. We had to be there at 6 this morning. There were no lights in the parking garage. It was pitch-black dark and scary in there. You could not see anything. That needs to be corrected.

RAVES FOR MISS SHELLY in Richmond County Marriage Licenses. Even though my fiance and I had to wait because no one else would help us, she treated us with patience and was so kind to our son. She is truly a wonderful county employee.

AN IDEOLOGICALLY indoctrinated ranter claims President Carter usurped state control of public schools. Hah! President Reagan usurped educational money by placing the burden of funding on the states. President Bush II did the same thing but insisted that the states answer to his central regime, turning the system into a tangled mess of futile promises and paperwork.

A RAVE FOR THE professional yardman working down the street right now, using a leaf blower that's no louder than a tuned lawn mower. A rant for the people who use deafeningly loud blowers for hours at a time, spewing noxious fumes everywhere.

A RAVE AND A HUGE thank you for Janette Sistrunk, math teacher at Augusta Tech, who went over and beyond the call of duty to help me out. God bless you, from a grateful student.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the crew at the Jiffy Lube on Baston Road for such great service; they were very quick and energetic.

A BIG RAVE TO Sally, Clay and Mike at Computer Logics in Daniel Village for the kind, friendly and prompt customer service that they give to their customers.

WHY DON'T YOU STOP printing hate-filled and pointless remarks? Get out of the gutter; it stinks down there. Will you print this? Of course not. Self-evaluation requires insight into the soul.

AMEN TO THE RANT about the Columbia County Commission allowing the construction of businesses that are built on top of well-established family developments. ... The buildings then sit empty! Meanwhile, the neighborhood suffers from the rainwater runoff, the construction noise and debris.

IF RICHMOND COUNTY deputies start shooting and killing Caucasian males during a traffic stop, then the black community will not be in disparity.

THANK YOU, U.S. military.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 02:48 pm
The keep your mouth shut you

The keep your mouth shut you racist bag of wind

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 02:49 pm
Uh....Trouble....you can't

Uh....Trouble....you can't live in CC, you're black. Remember?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 02:50 pm
I used to live in CC but I

I used to live in CC but I moved on up to Burke County!! Green Acres is the place to be!!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 02:51 pm
damn lipstick, i keep

damn lipstick, i keep foregtting, just about every time i look in a mirror. rcr hun, the reason my comments dont make sense to you is because you are the idiot i was refering to.........

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 02:54 pm
cbbp, can i go to burke

cbbp, can i go to burke county with you????? lipstick dont want me cause i am a richmond county person.......

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 02:55 pm
Come on, we don't

Come on, we don't discriminate, we hate everybody!!!

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 02:56 pm
No. We only hate non-white

No. We only hate non-white people.

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 02:58 pm
"I all broken up too.

"I all broken up too. Whatever float your boat. When the dog urinate, stand down wind." I'm beginning to think RCR is asian, not black.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 02:59 pm
RichmondCountyResident. Just

RichmondCountyResident. Just for clarity in this context from your previous post: "You, like most, won't say things, because you need to belong to this online click. Me, I speak my mind and don't give flip about no click." The word is spelled clique, not click. I figured it wasn't a typo when you misspelled it twice back to back. And yes, I know other people misspell words, too, including me, but I thought you, like me, would care to spell it right, since you use it frequently.

God save America
God save America 12/30/08 - 03:00 pm
pro, yardmen most of the time

pro, yardmen most of the time don't have electric plugs to use electric blowers. they have to use loud gas blowers and trimmers to get the job done. maybe people need to have plugs put in their yards to give yardmen something to plug into.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 03:00 pm
cbbp, does that mean you dont

cbbp, does that mean you dont want me in burke county either?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 03:03 pm
No wonder RCR has such a whiz

No wonder RCR has such a whiz poor attitude!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 03:03 pm
I Wear Lipstick 2 RCR is, by

I Wear Lipstick 2 RCR is, by all appearances at our meeting and by self-definition, black or African-American.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 03:04 pm
Before I go, I just want to

Before I go, I just want to acknowledge Reverend Jr. is in the house. I guess he backslid, because all he ever do is make racist stereotypes. If you see a shoeshine stand at Ninth and MLK, you probalbly better get some glasses. As I read his comments, all you get is racist stereotypes and never nothing profound. Him and most of you, need another hobby, because you don't never have anything sensible to say. May I suggest bungy jumping off a cliff, with the chord around your neck. Hey Reverend Jr., I wonder how many black guys would say that to in person.Like I said before, you and your buddies are RACIST COWARDS, talking stupid under cover of a computer!!!! LATER LOSERS!!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 03:07 pm
Come on Trouble, we'll make

Come on Trouble, we'll make room for you!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 03:10 pm
damn, i think rcr gotted mad

damn, i think rcr gotted mad

Nammy
Nammy 12/30/08 - 03:15 pm
we must not have agreed with

we must not have agreed with him...afternoon pths, Tujeez and all ya'll...good day to ALL! --even you RACIST COWARD calling RCR! .(':

therealghostwhisper
therealghostwhisper 12/30/08 - 03:16 pm
wow black-white black -white

wow black-white black -white do i hear a song there somewhere. i saw a tv show that was so sad, it was about a black man that had met,fell in love with and married a black woman, the had 3 mentally handicapped children.....then found out they ( husband and wife) were actually brother and sister. they had the same dad..they were hurt so bad.. the mom wasn't sure who was the father untill test were done, this ruined so many lives..is that some of our problem today.. a lot of folk out there don't know " who there baby daddy is"
one guy had 18 kids by 18 different women...how do they know if they are marrying kin or not. this is really something to think about....there should be a law...........oooooooh there is ..it is in a book called the bible....this world is going to hell in a hand basket for sure..

Nammy
Nammy 12/30/08 - 03:19 pm
It's A Small World After All?

It's A Small World After All? Is that the song? lol

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 03:20 pm
baroness - I don't care what

baroness - I don't care what race RCR is. An idiot is an idiot is an idiot....

elliottness
elliottness 12/30/08 - 03:25 pm
hey baroness, when can we

hey baroness, when can we expect one of those big hugs of yours? i 've heard that you are a half pint but if your arms don't reach, i'll have a small bungee cord nearby,for that extra squeeze.i'll even test one of those dreadful cheeseballs. no need for the greens and black eyed peas because that myth needs to put to rest.it ain't gonna help you one bit folks.lets hear it for granma sarah! one more tax deuction for her, and one more fish for toddman to catch.

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 12/30/08 - 03:25 pm
It's tough to co-exist when

It's tough to co-exist when you've been raised up to believe that everyone hates you and you grow up hating everyone else. That's not a pardon from the President mind you. But it does explain alot.

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 03:26 pm
Good afternoon all...:-)

Good afternoon all...:-)

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 12/30/08 - 03:29 pm
He seems to have you on the

He seems to have you on the hook every day ness. But knowing that you probably taste like s&!t, he keeps throwing you back

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 12/30/08 - 03:34 pm
From a psychological point of

From a psychological point of view, you seem to have an obsession with Palin there Ness, and the Toddman too.

radiatingtatas
radiatingtatas 12/30/08 - 03:36 pm
Good afternoon to the gang

Good afternoon to the gang especially Trouble and Tujeez!!! I only have one comment for today and this goes for alot of people. As far as people saying certain people are racist--and they are no good-- when I met all these kind people on here they have helped me through my tough time. They have invited me over, they have invited me to meet them for lunch. They did not ask me if I was black or white?? They didn't care they were trying to be there for someone in need. So a shout out to T, White Trash, Tujeez, DD, kiddspur, Namasta, CBBP, if I missed anyone it is because there are so many supporting me. By the way HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! In case the gang is wondering what color I am my father is Gumby and my mother is the Fragglerock clan so what color am I??

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 03:39 pm
I think RCR logged off to

I think RCR logged off to wait by the mailbox for his gub'ment check.

Nammy
Nammy 12/30/08 - 03:40 pm
I got it--GREEN...my most

I got it--GREEN...my most favorite!!! lol Happy New Years to you too, tatas! WooT! (to boot)

Tujeez1
Tujeez1 12/30/08 - 03:42 pm
Mint Rocky road?

Mint Rocky road?

jack
jack 12/30/08 - 03:43 pm
Two of the best movies I know

Two of the best movies I know are Jeramiah Johnson and The Longest Day (Die Langste Tag auf Deutsch).

Scots reject independence in historic vote

EDINBURGH, Scotland — Scottish voters have rejected independence, deciding to remain part of the United Kingdom after a historic referendum that shook the country to its core.