Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT TO University Hospital parking garage. We had to be there at 6 this morning. There were no lights in the parking garage. It was pitch-black dark and scary in there. You could not see anything. That needs to be corrected.

RAVES FOR MISS SHELLY in Richmond County Marriage Licenses. Even though my fiance and I had to wait because no one else would help us, she treated us with patience and was so kind to our son. She is truly a wonderful county employee.

AN IDEOLOGICALLY indoctrinated ranter claims President Carter usurped state control of public schools. Hah! President Reagan usurped educational money by placing the burden of funding on the states. President Bush II did the same thing but insisted that the states answer to his central regime, turning the system into a tangled mess of futile promises and paperwork.

A RAVE FOR THE professional yardman working down the street right now, using a leaf blower that's no louder than a tuned lawn mower. A rant for the people who use deafeningly loud blowers for hours at a time, spewing noxious fumes everywhere.

A RAVE AND A HUGE thank you for Janette Sistrunk, math teacher at Augusta Tech, who went over and beyond the call of duty to help me out. God bless you, from a grateful student.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the crew at the Jiffy Lube on Baston Road for such great service; they were very quick and energetic.

A BIG RAVE TO Sally, Clay and Mike at Computer Logics in Daniel Village for the kind, friendly and prompt customer service that they give to their customers.

WHY DON'T YOU STOP printing hate-filled and pointless remarks? Get out of the gutter; it stinks down there. Will you print this? Of course not. Self-evaluation requires insight into the soul.

AMEN TO THE RANT about the Columbia County Commission allowing the construction of businesses that are built on top of well-established family developments. ... The buildings then sit empty! Meanwhile, the neighborhood suffers from the rainwater runoff, the construction noise and debris.

IF RICHMOND COUNTY deputies start shooting and killing Caucasian males during a traffic stop, then the black community will not be in disparity.

THANK YOU, U.S. military.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 11:50 am
PTHS, Thanks for noticing I

PTHS, Thanks for noticing I seemed to be feeling better yesterday. I am. I'm down to three tablets of Alka-Seltzer Plus cold and cough medicine yesterday. Took one again this morning. Praying I won't need to take anymore and thankful I didn't have to resort to antibiotics.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 12:02 pm
RichmondCountyResident I

RichmondCountyResident I really can't answer your question since it was a personal matter of concern to you at the time when all of us got together and I wish to respect your privacy on here. KSL and I and the others appreciated that you shared this concern with us in the context of our conversation and it showed us what really matters the most to you - your family. So of course, I find that to be common ground and it is something I respect, which is why I was so disappointed when you have disrespected others for example: by calling me and others names, especially racist lackey, etc. You can make whatever points you want without calling people names or making blanket statements. You were finding an ally in workingmom until she noticed something you wrote which bewildered her, as I similarly have been in the past when you have lumped me in with a group you were "doing battle with" on days I wasn't even on the board. I could empathize with her question. I'd like you to remember that sometimes we do agree, and when we disagree, we don't have to be disagreeable about it. Anyway, I hope that the matter you spoke of at the gathering is going well and that you have a blessed 2009.

GDC_MAN
GDC_MAN 12/30/08 - 12:22 pm
Tujeez .... James Gammon

Tujeez .... James Gammon played Nick Bridges on the TV show "Nash Bridges."

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 12:50 pm
Baroness, I still don't quite

Baroness, I still don't quite know what you are referring to. We discussed a lot of things, but frankly I have been blessed. I don't feel anything, but joy these days. I told you and Kathy that night, that I will continue to be myself online. As an African American, I do feel some of your comments are racist and you clearly favor whites over blacks. It's impossible, to judge all African Americans, by the behavior of those in your neighborhood. We are not all one anything, either. I feel, you guys use this blanket argument, to keep from criticizing one of your buddies,racist comments.You can't tell me how I should feel about an issue. Sure, I've called names and have been called names. By now, you should know it doesn't bother me. All I'm doing is giving my take on the subject,unvarnished. So if you post a controversial statement on here, you can't control the response.

dale88fan
dale88fan 12/30/08 - 12:52 pm
To the rant about university

To the rant about university parking -- if it was that dark then you should of parked in the outside parking or carry a flashlight!

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 12:53 pm
RCR is an idiot savant

RCR is an idiot savant

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 12:57 pm
rcr, just because i choose

rcr, just because i choose not to jump in and critize a fellow posters comment does not mean i agree with said comment, i dont make judgements as to what they are trying to say, and i dont look for something that can be called racist in the most innocent of statements, that does not make me a racist, it simply means i have common sense. you should try it.

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 01:02 pm
RCR sees things in this

RCR sees things in this light... If you agree with him you are not racist. If you disagree with him you are an extreme racist.

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 01:03 pm
I wish I could be black so I

I wish I could be black so I can blame everything on racism and get a gub'ment hand out.

jack234
jack234 12/30/08 - 01:14 pm
Are ypu talking about GM and

Are ypu talking about GM and Chrysler? HELLO! HELLO!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 01:14 pm
I see we have a slow news

I see we have a slow news day. Some are still picking at the scab of the Jed story.Well, I have in the past been stopped by some Richmond County deputies. About a year ago, two deputies, who happen to be white, pulled me over one night after I got off work. I stayed calm and as he approached me, I asked 'him what the problem was". He politely said," that he had the wrong vehicle and that he was looking for female driving a similar vehicle". They apologized and we all went on our way.There is no need to tell us (blacks), how to respond to police officers. Most of us obey the law and have nothing to hide.We realize the officers have a job to do and will help, too.Who do you think solved the Reader murder?Most of you fail to realize Cherrytree is the largest project and has approximately one thousand blacks. There are nine more project, so they obviously have less. Richmond County have approximately one hundred and four thousand blacks. So less than ten percent of blacks live in the projects.Our poverty rate is about 25%, way to high. But there are plenty of reason for it. I'm not justifying it, but there are many factors.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 01:14 pm
hugo, i have recently learned

hugo, i have recently learned that since i live in richmond county i am black by default, i am not sure what to make of this.......

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 01:16 pm
RichmondCountyResident, I did

RichmondCountyResident, I did not describe the problems in my neighborhood as being caused by blacks. As a matter of fact, at the top of that drug-trafficking network, there were and may still well be, blacks and whites working together, one source actually said that the law won't figure it out, because they don't expect blacks and whites to work that well together. I don't believe that, I am quite confident they have figured it out. Besides, it wasn't just blacks and whites, either, there were also Hispanics & other ethnicities causing some of the problems. One neighbor, a very promising Hispanic student, lost a prestigious scholarship to a local private school because he got involved in a criminal incident. No, if you think I was talking about just blacks, you made an assumption, because I didn't say that, because that wasn't the case. As far as percentages of which race was doing what in that area, it simply followed the percentage of the population in that area. I'm guessing that is why you assumed I was just speaking of blacks, and not an ironic bias of your own.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 01:17 pm
rcr, i will agree with you on

rcr, i will agree with you on that, i have seen several people stopped in the past few days right around the corner from where i live, and although i am not sure who the deputies are looking for, they all stopped, and were then allowed to go on about your business, it is just stupid people (no matter what the color) that dont stop who are the problem

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 01:17 pm
Congratulations Trouble! I

Congratulations Trouble! I used to live in RC but recently moved to CC - which makes me a rich, snobby, white, pathetic, racist! Welcome to the stereotype club people like RCR have started!

jack234
jack234 12/30/08 - 01:18 pm
Looks like Blago will be the

Looks like Blago will be the next maverick to go down in '08. '08 was just not the year for mavericks. HELLO! HELLO!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 01:20 pm
lipstick, i would rather be

lipstick, i would rather be rich, you got room in columbia county for me too?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 01:22 pm
I have been pulled over by

I have been pulled over by the police on Bobby Jones, in broad daylight, in the morning, I wasn't late, just lost in thought on the way to a funeral. I actually thanked the police officer for stopping me, the reasons why are in another post, so I won't bother repeating. I was speeding. He had every right to stop me and I pulled over to a safe exit and everything went just as it should.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 01:24 pm
I was once pulled over for a

I was once pulled over for a burnt out headlight, but when the officer realized I was within a few yards of my home, she just advised me that the headlight was out and to get a new one. Again, I simply thanked her for the information. (and promptly went out and got a new headlight).

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 01:25 pm
Yikes! where has the time

Yikes! where has the time gone. gotta get some goodies ready for New Year's Eve/Day. Enjoy the beautiful weather while we still have it. (My kitchen is nice and sunny, oh rats, that means I'll see everything little spot, I'll be cleaning first, baking later! LOL)

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/30/08 - 01:27 pm
Ya'll behave now, "hugs" to

Ya'll behave now, "hugs" to all, now go give someone you love a big hearty bear hug!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 01:29 pm
Trouble, how can something

Trouble, how can something racist, be an innocent statement?How can you know how a black person feel, if you aren't black? Some things we say, may be offensive to you, but wasn't intended to offend anyone, as well. You, like most, won't say things, because you need to belong to this online click. Me, I speak my mind and don't give flip about no click. Hugo, I'm nobody's idiot.And that racist statement, I've heard it all before.And that 1:03 just shows who the REAL idiot is. I'm still waiting on you to come on here and say something that makes sense. Maybe, that should be your New Year's resolution. It should read" I will stop speaking as if I'm nine years old".GROWUP DUDE, this is grown folks conversation.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 12/30/08 - 01:36 pm
RCR I take offense at your

RCR I take offense at your statement as a racist and offensive statement!

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 01:37 pm
He called me a dude. That's

He called me a dude. That's racist and sexist, homey!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 01:38 pm
but rcr, i live in richmond

but rcr, i live in richmond county, therefore by default, i am indeed black, and i dont say anything not because i feel i need to belong anywhere, those that matter to me will not care if i say something, i choose not to say anything simply because i have enough common sense to know that 90% of what is posted on this board is not racist unless you are an idiot looking for anything that can be turned around to make it look racist, i know that not all people on welfare are black, but you seem not to know that, a comment about someone on welfare is not a comment about all black people, it is a comment about all people, reguardless of color who are on welfare.....not my fault you are an idiot who thinks so little of people with your own skin color

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 01:38 pm
Lipstick, thanks for

Lipstick, thanks for crediting me with the stereotypes. What next, RCR,started the internet.I don't think you're rich snobby white and pathetic. Well pathetic yeah,but I didn't start those beliefs.

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 01:40 pm
Well articulated there

Well articulated there "Trouble".

RichmondCo_HoodResident
RichmondCo_HoodResident 12/30/08 - 01:42 pm
RCR, realize that no one here

RCR, realize that no one here likes you. We do like making fun of you though, and it's so easy. So, eventhough we want you to go away... We also want you to stay, because then we'd have no one to laugh at.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/30/08 - 01:45 pm
Somebody else can catch him

Somebody else can catch him and reel it in today - I'm not in the mood for the foolishness. I thought on a nice day like this the shoe-shine and disount sunglasses stand at the corner of MLK and 9th St would be open......maybe he is taking a day off from all his jobs.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 12/30/08 - 01:47 pm
Coldbeer, you must have had

Coldbeer, you must have had too many cold beers, if you think I care.I all broken up. Touble, I'm not sure you aren't drinking, because some of your comments don't make sense. But, whatever float your boat. Well gotta go take care of some errands and I'll leave this with you. When the dog urinate,stand down wind. 21 day,tick,tick,tick,tick.....