Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT TO University Hospital parking garage. We had to be there at 6 this morning. There were no lights in the parking garage. It was pitch-black dark and scary in there. You could not see anything. That needs to be corrected.

RAVES FOR MISS SHELLY in Richmond County Marriage Licenses. Even though my fiance and I had to wait because no one else would help us, she treated us with patience and was so kind to our son. She is truly a wonderful county employee.

AN IDEOLOGICALLY indoctrinated ranter claims President Carter usurped state control of public schools. Hah! President Reagan usurped educational money by placing the burden of funding on the states. President Bush II did the same thing but insisted that the states answer to his central regime, turning the system into a tangled mess of futile promises and paperwork.

A RAVE FOR THE professional yardman working down the street right now, using a leaf blower that's no louder than a tuned lawn mower. A rant for the people who use deafeningly loud blowers for hours at a time, spewing noxious fumes everywhere.

A RAVE AND A HUGE thank you for Janette Sistrunk, math teacher at Augusta Tech, who went over and beyond the call of duty to help me out. God bless you, from a grateful student.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the crew at the Jiffy Lube on Baston Road for such great service; they were very quick and energetic.

A BIG RAVE TO Sally, Clay and Mike at Computer Logics in Daniel Village for the kind, friendly and prompt customer service that they give to their customers.

AMEN TO THE RANT about the Columbia County Commission allowing the construction of businesses that are built on top of well-established family developments. ... The buildings then sit empty! Meanwhile, the neighborhood suffers from the rainwater runoff, the construction noise and debris.

IF RICHMOND COUNTY deputies start shooting and killing Caucasian males during a traffic stop, then the black community will not be in disparity.

THANK YOU, U.S. military.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/30/08 - 01:23 am
Uhhhh. "WHY DON'T YOU STOP

Uhhhh. "WHY DON'T YOU STOP printing hate-filled and pointless remarks? Get out of the gutter; it stinks down there. Will you print this? Of course not. Self-evaluation requires insight into the soul." .... - Well okay!!! G'mornin, namasta and all y'all. I might switch to the 1:23 time hack for a bit......

As It Is
As It Is 12/30/08 - 01:53 am
Richmond County Deputies

Richmond County Deputies could care less what color you are, only what actions you take. If you are in your car, especially at night, 95% of the time they wouldn't know your race or even necessarily your sex until your window was rolled down due to tinting, etc. and certainly wouldn't know it prior to pulling you over. Point a gun at a deputy during the commission of a robbery and you will most likely be shot. Point a gun at a deputy while committing any other crime and you will most likely be shot. Try to run over a deputy after ramming a patrol car while trying to escape and you most likely will be shot. Put a knife to the throat of a 5 year old in a threating manner and refuse to cooperate in discussions and you most likely will be shot. Anyone who thinks any of these scenerios should not result in an officer shooting to stop the suspect no matter what race or sex the suspect is doesn't have a clue about law enforcement or real world scenerios. These officers make split second decisions to protect us, theirselves and the general public and rarely have to shoot suspects. However, when warranted by situations as listed above, they deserve our full support and appreciation.

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 05:08 am
morning all

morning all

White_Trash2
White_Trash2 12/30/08 - 05:27 am
Good Morning Awguster

Good Morning Awguster

factchecker
factchecker 12/30/08 - 06:11 am
Well said As It Is. Yesterday

Well said As It Is. Yesterday someone was trying to say the police didn't shoot the "white" guy in the Christmas killings like they did the "black" guy in Augusta. Of course not, they didn't have to - it was a self-correcting situation when he shot HIMSELF in the head.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/30/08 - 06:17 am
We all know that Chris Rock

We all know that Chris Rock released the p.s.a. about how to avoid trouble with the police. There is no reason for ANYONE to have a problem with the police. If you wish to see this psa, just google Chris Rock : How not to get your [filtered word] kicked

White_Trash1
White_Trash1 12/30/08 - 06:28 am
patricia, stopping for a blue

patricia, stopping for a blue light and cooperating with law enforcement works every time.

Reality
Reality 12/30/08 - 07:08 am
I will be moving back to

I will be moving back to Augusta this summer and I was just wondering, has the free socialized medicine started yet? I wanted to cancel the BC/BS I pay for by working for a living..........

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/30/08 - 07:13 am
Reality - Yes, the MCG ER is

Reality - Yes, the MCG ER is still open......

Reality
Reality 12/30/08 - 07:23 am
My premium and co-pay went up

My premium and co-pay went up and my coverage went down.....Who says the insurance companies are suffering.........

gamc30909
gamc30909 12/30/08 - 07:42 am
When a white male or female

When a white male or female start and attempts to kill deputies as Elmo did, then it will happen. Get over your stupid thoughts that it onlly happens to Blacks your Moron. When you stop Black from feeding on their internal self pity that is unjustified, then it could happen. The same wind of oppitunity blows upon us all from the same direction in the same direction at the same speed, if you set you sail in the correct manner to get you to the point you want to be then it will change unless that direction leads to more violence like Elmo. RCSO has their sails set in the right set. That is to handle problems as they need to be handled.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 12/30/08 - 07:44 am
Free medical care & free

Free medical care & free insurance are rights guaranteed under the constitution. Free medical care is what attracts so many students to suffer through so many years of college, then internships followed by residency. Architects and lawyers are hoping free service will catch on in their fields soon.

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/30/08 - 07:48 am
PUTT - LOL! G'mornin. There

PUTT - LOL! G'mornin. There is trouble in the darkside if you wanna help.

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 07:50 am
Good morning to all this

Good morning to all this beautiful Tuesday morning...Actually slept most of the night, woke up to a wonderful cup of coffee and breathing okay...Now that is a good thing...:-)

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 07:51 am
A great big thank you to all

A great big thank you to all our Military men and women along with prayers for your safety...Thanks for keeping us safe from the terror...

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 07:54 am
Many of the remarks written

Many of the remarks written are really not the product of hate-filled minds but of difference of opinions...Hate is or should be for the stuff like: hate those rattle snakes, those spiders, the actions that cause death and destruction to innocents...Well you get the idea I hope...

I_Wear_Lipstick_2
I_Wear_Lipstick_2 12/30/08 - 08:17 am
Good morning everyone!

Good morning everyone! christian134...you're preaching to the choir with your 7:54am post. Wait until RCR joins in the conversation to preach it.

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/30/08 - 08:23 am
If you plan on going to see

If you plan on going to see Marley and Me be prepared to cry like a B. It got me just like movie click. I was like, "Hey, I came here to laugh not cry." I'm a biker I have a rep to uphold.

ITDoc
ITDoc 12/30/08 - 08:25 am
I believe what is most

I believe what is most commonly interpreted as hate here is actually passion for our opinions.

goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE
goBAMA_09_ROLLTIDE 12/30/08 - 08:29 am
The only thing on here worth

The only thing on here worth reading was "THANK YOU, U.S. military." I second that one.

Gstringmafia
Gstringmafia 12/30/08 - 08:31 am
Well the fact is that black

Well the fact is that black on white crime is much much higher than the other way around. White folks have a right to careful and alert. Sorry to all you that would deny this fact. It's a fact that needs more attention!!!!

Trouble1
Trouble1 12/30/08 - 08:32 am
tide, i will third that one

tide, i will third that one

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 08:33 am
You are so right

You are so right Lipstick...Oh but I do want to get ahead of the game...It is so invigorating...Morning again all...

KMAAC
KMAAC 12/30/08 - 08:34 am
Tall2 - Are you still looking

Tall2 - Are you still looking for reliable potential employees? (Not me - don't be ascared)

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/30/08 - 08:35 am
So did anyone see on the news

So did anyone see on the news this morning that one of the Jena 6 just shot himself in the chest after getting busted for committing another crime? This cannot be true, I thought they were all sweet little boys that were taunted and "race baited" as RCR would call it. At least he has possibly ended his own career of being a criminal. How does that rap song go, "I aint neva scared?" That is until they get caught. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473904,00.html

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 08:35 am
Oh my DoubleD the movie

Oh my DoubleD the movie Marley and Me is sad...I was of the opinion, at least from the film clips, it was a comedy...Now I know I must avoid it...Gee it really looked good...

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/30/08 - 08:38 am
Don't get me wrong, it was

Don't get me wrong, it was really good, but I felt like a fool for crying for like the last 40 min. I was doing my best not to wipe my eyes or sniff. So the whole time I had snot comming out of my nose, but I didn't want the teenagers next to me to hear me sniffing. It is an emotional comedy, and you should still see it.

Gstringmafia
Gstringmafia 12/30/08 - 08:41 am
There should be a website to

There should be a website to track the lives and careers of the Jenna 666.

christian134
christian134 12/30/08 - 08:44 am
Can't handle it...I watched

Can't handle it...I watched "Beaches" years ago and cried forever it seemed...Also daughter talked us into watching "Notebook"...Great movies but I cried and cried...Needed a mountain of Kleenex and aspirins...

DoubleD
DoubleD 12/30/08 - 08:51 am
No wonder the auto industry

No wonder the auto industry is struggling. I just checked the prices of 08-09 Dodge caravans and they are 27-37K. It's pretty sad that in only 3 years they will be worth less than 10K, as I just picked up my 05 SXT Caravan in mint condition for $5270, putting me at 6K out-the-door. People ask me if it's brand new all the time.

Court rules in probation case

ATLANTA -- The Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision this morning concluding that it is legal for local courts to contract with private companies to supervise offenders on probation for minor ...